test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Manuf

The Pub - Discuss Anything

Started by Manuf,

Spain La Liga - Real Madrid v Real Betis - Bet Real Madrid To Win @ 1.6 Ladbrokes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/05/2019 at 7:10 PM, ReturnOnBet said:

Spain La Liga - Real Madrid v Real Betis - Bet Real Madrid To Win @ 1.6 Ladbrokes

Lost yer arse on that one, sorry m8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i sell 4 etickets for Baku, message me if interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aboozex said:

i sell 4 etickets for Baku, message me if interested

I'm looking for some magic beans to plant in my garden can you message me on jack@gullible.com

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How Football Casuals Became Europe’s First Sneakerheads

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/terrace-footwear-sneaker-history/

terrace-footwear-sneaker-history-04.jpg

In Europe, when you use the words “terrace” or “casual,” you tap into a subculture both ubiquitous in its backyard and obscure to outsiders. The terraces were where football fans stood before the introduction of all-seater stadiums, and the casuals were those fans most dedicated to style as they walked into those arenas. So when adidas recently reissued the Trimm Trab sneaker in its OG colorway, the German sportswear giant knew it was reviving a bona fide terrace classic.

Released in 1975 as part of a campaign to get lethargic West Germans to exercise more, by the early ’80s the Trimm Trab had become the sneaker of choice for UK football casuals dressed in European designer sportswear by labels such as FILA, Sergio Tacchini, ellesse, Stone Island, and Lacoste (Fred Perry was a local favorite). In fact, it became so associated with the terraces that to this day the word “trabs” is slang for sneakers in Liverpool, one of the UK’s most football-obsessed cities and a major center of casuals style.

Early in Nick Love’s 2009 remake of classic 1989 hooligan film The Firm, Bex, leader of West Ham’s Inter City Firm, can be seen trying on a pair of blue Trimm Trabs in a store. Lacing them up, he turns to the film’s protagonist Dom and says, “There is only one trainer.” And while plenty of classic models were also terrace favorites, this short tribute is a testament to the Trimm Trab’s status among football casuals — arguably Europe’s first sneakerheads.

 

In Europe, when you use the words “terrace” or “casual,” you tap into a subculture both ubiquitous in its backyard and obscure to outsiders. The terraces were where football fans stood before the introduction of all-seater stadiums, and the casuals were those fans most dedicated to style as they walked into those arenas. So when adidas recently reissued the Trimm Trab sneaker in its OG colorway, the German sportswear giant knew it was reviving a bona fide terrace classic.

Released in 1975 as part of a campaign to get lethargic West Germans to exercise more, by the early ’80s the Trimm Trab had become the sneaker of choice for UK football casuals dressed in European designer sportswear by labels such as FILA, Sergio Tacchini, ellesse, Stone Island, and Lacoste (Fred Perry was a local favorite). In fact, it became so associated with the terraces that to this day the word “trabs” is slang for sneakers in Liverpool, one of the UK’s most football-obsessed cities and a major center of casuals style.

Early in Nick Love’s 2009 remake of classic 1989 hooligan film The Firm, Bex, leader of West Ham’s Inter City Firm, can be seen trying on a pair of blue Trimm Trabs in a store. Lacing them up, he turns to the film’s protagonist Dom and says, “There is only one trainer.” And while plenty of classic models were also terrace favorites, this short tribute is a testament to the Trimm Trab’s status among football casuals — arguably Europe’s first sneakerheads.

 
terrace-footwear-sneaker-history-01.jpg
 
 adidas

And the Trim Trabb isn’t the only cult terrace sneaker to come back into vogue. A few years ago, Europe descended into full-blown Stan Smith mania. I remember a trip to Paris in summer 2015 where it felt like every second person was wearing a pair of the iconic tennis sneakers.

The Stan Smith was reissued in 2014 after two years off the market. As i-D put it around that time, “Stan Smith is to trainers as Levi’s are to jeans and Kim Kardashian’s Instagram is to selfies: the ultimate expression of the form.”

When I bought my first pair in 2007, however, the only people you saw wearing them were those whose tastes hadn’t changed since the ’80s or wannabe casuals such as myself. But with the reissue came Raf Simons applying his own deft touch to the silhouette and suddenly it exploded.

 
terrace-footwear-sneaker-history-02.jpg

 Vertigo Films

snip

much more at the link above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/05/2019 at 3:40 PM, Vesper said:

How Football Casuals Became Europe’s First Sneakerheads

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/terrace-footwear-sneaker-history/

terrace-footwear-sneaker-history-04.jpg

In Europe, when you use the words “terrace” or “casual,” you tap into a subculture both ubiquitous in its backyard and obscure to outsiders. The terraces were where football fans stood before the introduction of all-seater stadiums, and the casuals were those fans most dedicated to style as they walked into those arenas. So when adidas recently reissued the Trimm Trab sneaker in its OG colorway, the German sportswear giant knew it was reviving a bona fide terrace classic.

Released in 1975 as part of a campaign to get lethargic West Germans to exercise more, by the early ’80s the Trimm Trab had become the sneaker of choice for UK football casuals dressed in European designer sportswear by labels such as FILA, Sergio Tacchini, ellesse, Stone Island, and Lacoste (Fred Perry was a local favorite). In fact, it became so associated with the terraces that to this day the word “trabs” is slang for sneakers in Liverpool, one of the UK’s most football-obsessed cities and a major center of casuals style.

Early in Nick Love’s 2009 remake of classic 1989 hooligan film The Firm, Bex, leader of West Ham’s Inter City Firm, can be seen trying on a pair of blue Trimm Trabs in a store. Lacing them up, he turns to the film’s protagonist Dom and says, “There is only one trainer.” And while plenty of classic models were also terrace favorites, this short tribute is a testament to the Trimm Trab’s status among football casuals — arguably Europe’s first sneakerheads.

 

In Europe, when you use the words “terrace” or “casual,” you tap into a subculture both ubiquitous in its backyard and obscure to outsiders. The terraces were where football fans stood before the introduction of all-seater stadiums, and the casuals were those fans most dedicated to style as they walked into those arenas. So when adidas recently reissued the Trimm Trab sneaker in its OG colorway, the German sportswear giant knew it was reviving a bona fide terrace classic.

Released in 1975 as part of a campaign to get lethargic West Germans to exercise more, by the early ’80s the Trimm Trab had become the sneaker of choice for UK football casuals dressed in European designer sportswear by labels such as FILA, Sergio Tacchini, ellesse, Stone Island, and Lacoste (Fred Perry was a local favorite). In fact, it became so associated with the terraces that to this day the word “trabs” is slang for sneakers in Liverpool, one of the UK’s most football-obsessed cities and a major center of casuals style.

Early in Nick Love’s 2009 remake of classic 1989 hooligan film The Firm, Bex, leader of West Ham’s Inter City Firm, can be seen trying on a pair of blue Trimm Trabs in a store. Lacing them up, he turns to the film’s protagonist Dom and says, “There is only one trainer.” And while plenty of classic models were also terrace favorites, this short tribute is a testament to the Trimm Trab’s status among football casuals — arguably Europe’s first sneakerheads.

 
terrace-footwear-sneaker-history-01.jpg
 
 adidas

And the Trim Trabb isn’t the only cult terrace sneaker to come back into vogue. A few years ago, Europe descended into full-blown Stan Smith mania. I remember a trip to Paris in summer 2015 where it felt like every second person was wearing a pair of the iconic tennis sneakers.

The Stan Smith was reissued in 2014 after two years off the market. As i-D put it around that time, “Stan Smith is to trainers as Levi’s are to jeans and Kim Kardashian’s Instagram is to selfies: the ultimate expression of the form.”

When I bought my first pair in 2007, however, the only people you saw wearing them were those whose tastes hadn’t changed since the ’80s or wannabe casuals such as myself. But with the reissue came Raf Simons applying his own deft touch to the silhouette and suddenly it exploded.

 
terrace-footwear-sneaker-history-02.jpg

 Vertigo Films

snip

much more at the link above

I've got quite a few pairs of Adidas trainers, Munich, Hawaii, Padiham, Topanga, but I've never been a fan of Trimm Trab the sole is to chunky. Trimm Star and Master are handsome trainers though. As a 80's casual desert boots were big rather than trainers in 82 the trainer wearing started about 79 it was Dunlop Green Flash before then !

The original The Firm was  good because Gary Oldman is such a good actor and had that hint of menace but the remake was terrible ham acting and there is no way certainly at Chelsea did you wear the whole tracksuit especially not that yellow tacchini monstrosity that geezer is wearing :)

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

there is no way certainly at Chelsea did you wear the whole tracksuit especially not that yellow tacchini monstrosity that geezer is wearing :)

He looks like an Easter egg, roflmaoooo:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Vesper said:

He looks like an Easter egg, roflmaoooo:D

My claim to fame first two seconds me and my mate him with a white Tacchini me in the blue and white one 18 years old 1984 :D

 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

My claim to fame first two seconds me and my matre him with a white Tacchini me in the blue and white one 18 years old 1984 :D

 

so cool!

rocking the ST's!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Jose Antonio Reyes :( 1984-2019, died in a car crash in Seville along with his 23 y old cousin and another guy is in critical condition 🙏 condolences to his family :( 

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF! Lesbian Couple Beaten Up on London Bus after Refusing to Kiss :rant:

Female couple in their 20s battered by four men after they refused to kiss 'for entertainment'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/06/07/female-couple-20s-battered-four-men-refused-kiss-entertainment/

Melania Geymonat (right) and her girlfriend Chris after they were assaulted by a gang of men on a night bus in Camden. Scotland Yard are investigating what they are calling a homophobic attack

 

Afemale couple were battered by a gang of four men after they refused to kiss "for their entertainment" on a London night bus. 

Scotland Yard are investigating what they described as a "homophobic attack" against the two women in their 20s last Wednesday. 

Melania Geymonat, 28, and her girlfriend Chris had been on a date in the capital and were heading home on the top deck of the bus when the men started abusing them. 

When they refused to kiss at the demand of the gang, they were viciously attacked. They were also later robbed of a phone and a handbag.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has condemned the assault, calling it a "disgusting, misogynistic attack" and that hate crimes against LGBT+ people "will not be tolerated in London". No arrests have been made. 

In a post on Facebook, Ms Geymonat - who worked recently as a Ryanair air hostess and is originally from Uruguay - said: "I’m tired of being taken as a sexual object, of finding out that these situations are usual, of gay friends who were beaten up just because.

"We have to endure verbal harassment and chauvinist, misogynistic and homophobic violence because when you stand up for yourself s--- like this happens.

"By the way, I am thankful to all the women and men in my life that understand that having balls means something completely different.

" I just hope that in June, Pride Month, stuff like this can be spoken out loudly so they stop happening."

 

snip

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vesper said:

WTF! Lesbian Couple Beaten Up on London Bus after Refusing to Kiss :rant:

Female couple in their 20s battered by four men after they refused to kiss 'for entertainment'

 

4 men against 2 women.. Such bravery.

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Closer Look at Parra and Nike's Collaborative SB Dunk Low

https://hypebeast.com/2019/6/parra-nike-sb-dunk-low-sneaker-collab-summer-2019-closer-look

Courtesy of @retroshoparis, we have an exclusive first look at the forthcoming Parra x Nike SB Dunk Low. First seen mere days ago, the enigmatic silhouette is a playful update to the beloved skate sneaker.

Nike and Parra are no stranger to collaboration, having teamed up several times for over a decade now — the most recent team-up was last year’s Stars-And-Stripes Air Max 1 and Zoom Spiridon. Now, the duo have introduced a tweaked SB Dunk Low, sporting Parra’s classic red, white and blue color palette and some unique playful detailing.

 

A clean white base tone informs the leather upper and rubber outsole, emphasizing the colorful accents seen all around the upper. These include a series of layered Swooshes in thematic tones, finished with a chenille white Swoosh, an embroidered blue Swoosh near the toe, asymmetric co-branding stitched on the heel and a patterned sockliner/insole combo informed by Parra’s signature color-blocking. The shoe’s thick tongue sports a special Parra tag, with two bespoke sets of thick laces — white and patterned — completed by Parra-branded tips.

Take in the detailed shots above and stay tuned for the shoe’s official release information.

Parra-x-Nike-SB-Dunk-Low-2-682x1024.jpgParra-x-Nike-SB-Dunk-Low-9-682x1024.jpgParra-x-Nike-SB-Dunk-Low-682x1024.jpgParra-x-Nike-SB-Dunk-Low-7-682x1024.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
we did a wee bit of that in the past (probably an understatement to be fair, especially in her case, lolol), but my wife and I both quit right before we got married in late 2013, when I decided to pursue an academic career to the PhD and beyond level
didn't want to be known as the 'model' professor, it seemed too much of a gimmick and a vector of dis-empowerment
I ONLY wanted to be judged on my intellect
I am very cognisant of the public/private female personae and how people can be framed (and women diminished) 

Hahahaha such postmodern bullshit entitlement. Oops sorry.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stingray said:


Hahahaha emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png such postmodern bullshit entitlement. Oops sorry.


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Meh.

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.