The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

Guys look what is hapening in Slovenia, where I live. That's fucking crazy.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/amazing-scenes-severe-storm-encases-slovenian-town-ice-1434997

Does Ljubljana look the same? My parents intend to go there in a few weeks :lol:

Does Ljubljana look the same? My parents intend to go there in a few weeks :lol:

No, in Ljubljana there is no ice, everything is fine. It seems like goverment only gives a fuck about their asses (because they are in capital, Ljubljana) and don't care about anything outside of Ljubljana. Elsewhere people don't have water to drink, electricity and internet for 1 week now.

Voulanteer fire-fighters which are mostly just young guys help people all around Slovenia and they deserve all respect. Goverment did fuck all to help people.

Raleigh international, are you planning on doing something similar?

I dont know, I love volunteering and I have nothing planned for next summer yet (Dec 2014 - Feb 2015), so I thought of mixing them together! :P

Can you give me a little more info on how it works?

I dont know, I love volunteering and I have nothing planned for next summer yet (Dec 2014 - Feb 2015), so I thought of mixing them together! :P

Can you give me a little more info on how it works?

You fly out to your country, which for me was Costa Rica and Nicaragua, because they have a policy off no driving in the dark you spend your first night in a school gym but when you get to fieldbase you spend 4 days there doing induction training before being sent your first project for 19 days.

After 19 days you spend 3 nights back at fieldbase for change over go back out again for 19 days come back for another change over then go to your last project again for 19 days then back to fieldbase for 3 nights before going home or travelling which for a lot do (i didn't).

The 3 projects are Enviromental where you help the Enviroment for example i helped build a path in a National Park.

Community when you help out poor people, i helped build a water system in Nicaragua to give families clean water.

Ill carry on on another post i have limited typing space on my PS3.