test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Ramires

Started by DavidEU,

3,461 posts in this topic

Lol wtf? All we need to do is play him instead of Lampard. As much as I love Lampard his time is coming to an end. Ramires is better defensively and can go on some superb runs. The guy is like 25 and you talking about him being useless in 5 years time? Kalou was useless his whole time at Chelsea, didnt stop you sucking his dick did it. Ramires has been one of our best players since he joined and your writing him off already.

It's a terrible idea. Ramires' has a few great strengths. He's fast, he has great stamina, and he's very good at winning battles in the midfield. Very useful stuff, but he is not a creative midfielder in the least. Last season, he went 124 minutes in between chances created. Lampard went 43 minutes in between chance created. In other words, Lampard was basically creating 3 chances for every chance Ramires created. Ramires has a good passing percentage because the vast majority of his passes are short. He's not a great passer, so it's a sign of his football intelligence that he doesn't try too many long passes. Lampard, who plays a lot of long passes still had a better pass percentage last season. It's a sign of his skill and intelligence that he could open up play so succesfully. Ramires can open up play with his speed, but he's not a creative player at all. Ramires has 7 goals and 2 assists in 57 league games with Chelsea. Lampard has 21 goals and 9 assists in his last 54 leagues games with Chelsea. Ramires is a good player, but he's a complimentary player who relies on other players to get him the ball when he makes his runs. If Chelsea play Ramires as their deep-lying playmaker, they'd be screwed. (They won't as RDM knows this.) You simply cannot play a 4-2-3-1 with no creative players in the 2.

This criticism of Lampard has gone insane. He was one of Chelsea's best players last season. EA Sports PPI rated Lampard as the 22nd best player in the entire Premier League last season. He was maybe Chelsea's best player through most of the pre-season. He's the greatest player in Chelsea history. He is a great leader on the team. Yet, for some reason, people want to blame everything on him.Our defenders are out of position and the opposition scores? Lampard's fault for not providing cover. Our striker can't score? Lampard's fault for not laying perfect passes that would lead to tap ins. Luckily, RDM realizes his importance and Lampard will once again play a key roll for us.

Lol wtf? All we need to do is play him instead of Lampard. As much as I love Lampard his time is coming to an end. Ramires is better defensively and can go on some superb runs. The guy is like 25 and you talking about him being useless in 5 years time? Kalou was useless his whole time at Chelsea, didnt stop you sucking his dick did it. Ramires has been one of our best players since he joined and your writing him off already.

Lol yeah we'll stick him in centre midfield alongside perennial ball loser Raul Meireles, or alongside the safest passer in the league, John Michael Nchekwube Obinna. Loads of fun that will be. Mikel and Ramires can't pass long and Meireles loses the ball for fun, as does Ramires, albeit to a lesser extent.

And it'll also be a whole heap of fun when he has all the mobility of an oil tanker (and unfortunately none of the market value of an oil tanker) by the time he's in his 30s.

Criticising Kalou is irrelevant.

It's a terrible idea. Ramires' has a few great strengths. He's fast, he has great stamina, and he's very good at winning battles in the midfield. Very useful stuff, but he is not a creative midfielder in the least. Last season, he went 124 minutes in between chances created. Lampard went 43 minutes in between chance created. In other words, Lampard was basically creating 3 chances for every chance Ramires created. Ramires has a good passing percentage because the vast majority of his passes are short. He's not a great passer, so it's a sign of his football intelligence that he doesn't try too many long passes. Lampard, who plays a lot of long passes still had a better pass percentage last season. It's a sign of his skill and intelligence that he could open up play so succesfully. Ramires can open up play with his speed, but he's not a creative player at all. Ramires has 7 goals and 2 assists in 57 league games with Chelsea. Lampard has 21 goals and 9 assists in his last 54 leagues games with Chelsea. Ramires is a good player, but he's a complimentary player who relies on other players to get him the ball when he makes his runs. If Chelsea play Ramires as their deep-lying playmaker, they'd be screwed. (They won't as RDM knows this.) You simply cannot play a 4-2-3-1 with no creative players in the 2.

This criticism of Lampard has gone insane. He was one of Chelsea's best players last season. EA Sports PPI rated Lampard as the 22nd best player in the entire Premier League last season. He was maybe Chelsea's best player through most of the pre-season. He's the greatest player in Chelsea history. He is a great leader on the team. Yet, for some reason, people want to blame everything on him.Our defenders are out of position and the opposition scores? Lampard's fault for not providing cover. Our striker can't score? Lampard's fault for not laying perfect passes that would lead to tap ins. Luckily, RDM realizes his importance and Lampard will once again play a key roll for us.

Greatest Blue ever? I disagree. He'd have to score about 400 to match Osgood. Some of the older posters might back me up here. Osgood and his mates made the modern club.

I see it like this:

1. Osgood

2. Drogba

3. Lampard

Peace. likes this

Would playing him next too Lampard, in the pivot, work? He could play box to box like Sami Khedira does for Real. Maybe not against top competition but against the lower teams.

Perhaps Sloth/Kojo was onto something earlier up thread. He doesn't really fit into our team, and I'm certain there will be a very fast decline by the time he's 30 and loses that speed and stamina which marks him out as a great player.

I think we should look at selling him at some point in the next 3 years. We'll get a great bit of cash, we'll remove a square peg and we'll enjoy his best years. Unless we're going to change our system to fit him in, back to a 4-3-3, I don't see a long term future for him. If we do change I think we should look to sell him 5 years down the line.

Exactly, but because he scored a beauty against Barcelona everyone said he's a major part of our first team.

Ramires can only fit into a 4-3-3 as our additional midfielder, box to box player. He can be used as a squad player however, but i think because of FFP it would be best to sell him maybe?, currently now you can get the most money for him, and i believe we could get over 20 million for him.

But actually i think it's best to give him another season here, because maybe he can fit into the system. Against Wigan i would like to see.

Ramires-Romeu, but since Romeu has been abducted, looks like this has to be my preferred midfield instead Ramires-Essien

Muzchap likes this

Though I love Ramires and think he is definitely one of our best players I'm going to have to agree on cap with this one. Hes great off the ball, but he just doesn't have the on the ball skills that are needed to play the way we are obviously achieving for. He isn't great at RW and he can't play in the pivot, I'd hate to say it but if a big money offer comes in we should accept. A skillful CM like Axel Witsel, or montinho would be more useful. I say this out of love for Ramires because I'd hate to see him play a bit part role for the team and only be a super sub.

but giving our coaching history, how long will we need him to play the pivot or RW?

Would playing him next too Lampard, in the pivot, work? He could play box to box like Sami Khedira does for Real. Maybe not against top competition but against the lower teams.

Too big of a risk. We underestimate the teams too much

Too big of a risk. We underestimate the teams too much

Box-to-box is how he's played during his entire career and for Brazil. He plays as winger on occasion, and does a good job esp when defending is important (barca), but he is certainly more of all rounder than a creative winger.

People forget how young he is. I think Ramires is great player right now as well as a fantastic prospect for the future (of Chelsea and Brazil NT). Now, he is far better in the centre midfield.

BTW, he can do what Meireles does with better quality.

Box-to-box is how he's played during his entire career and for Brazil. He plays as winger on occasion, and does a good job esp when defending is important (barca), but he is certainly more of all rounder than a creative winger.

People forget how young he is. I think Ramires is great player right now as well as a fantastic prospect for the future (of Chelsea and Brazil NT). Now, he is far better in the centre midfield.

BTW, he can do what Meireles does with better quality.

Nore Lampard or Ramires are defensive minded. Both like to take forward runs and aint that good on defending.

Nore Lampard or Ramires are defensive minded. Both like to take forward runs and aint that good on defending.

wow gotta tell that to Mano Meneses currently Brazilian manager as well as Dunga, former one. Both played him as a centre mid and sometimes holding mid.

In my view Ramires defends just fine when told to.

BTW, Ramires was suspended when the dutch eliminated Brazil in the 2010 world cup.

wow gotta tell that to Mano Meneses currently Brazilian manager as well as Dunga, former one. Both played him as a centre mid and sometimes holding mid.

In my view Ramires defends just fine when told to.

BTW, Ramires was suspended when the dutch eliminated Brazil in the 2010 world cup.

What i remember Ramires never played as a DM for Brazil. More like a box-to-box in a 4-3-1-2 formation

What i remember Ramires never played as a DM for Brazil. More like a box-to-box in a 4-3-1-2 formation

He has on occasion. Not only for Brazil but also for his former club Cruzeiro. He is certainly better as a box-to-box midfielder, but last season was the first time he has ever played on the wing.

So much so that Mano Meneses justified snubbing Ramires by saying he was then playing as a winger, which was not a position he needed him to play in.

I personally rate him very highly. I think he is currently the very best Brazilian midfielder as a CM.

Ramires is not a great fit for this formation/tactics. He's really a 4-3-3 midfielder who works best on the counter-attack. We're playing the 4-1-1-3-1 formation and are building towards a more ball posession/movement game. He's good defensively but he's not a real DM, he's certainly not a deep-lying midfielder, nor is he a winger. He can play a whole bunch of positions, but he's not made for any of them which makes him an excellent squad player. He'll play a fair bit, mostly on the right side of midfield.

You know what, I wish Ramires was at least as comfortable with his passing as Meireles is. He'd be perfect in that pivot with Mikel.

i Fear the worst for rambo, no longer playing on the wing with likes of hazard, marin, moses, mata.

RDM gota change 4-3-3 as i and others been saying for long ass time. alslets hope rambo succeeds in double pivot in some devine way/shape/or form.

With both Rambo, and Oscar nor effective in a 4-3-3, I'm sure we shall see it this season, especially when we want to give Hazard, and Mata a rest.

Weve won our first 3 games and you want us to change formation? So it suits Ramires? Give me a break.

The more Isee him the least I want him to play.Oscar should start

Oh my.. Ramires was one of our best players last season. He is a running machine, he scored a lot of important goals in 2011/12. And you don't want to see him on the pitch? Nice. Oscar is a very talented young player, but he hasn't proved anything here but Ramires has.

Oh my.. Ramires was one of our best players last season. He is a running machine, he scored a lot of important goals in 2011/12. And you don't want to see him on the pitch? Nice. Oscar is a very talented young player, but he hasn't proved anything here but Ramires has.

I agree that he is a good player and that he has something the other players doesnt have but he has done very little on the right wing. Did he do anything good when he came on agaisnt Newcastle?