Ramires

DavidEU

“He’s an important player for us, and a balance between technical players and players like Ramires I think is fundamental to our squad.”

:lol: at least Mourinho acknowledges Ramires' limitations (which I didn't think was ever going to happen last year!). He's basically just someone for the big games which makes sense as his energy can be useful and the Matic-Fabregas duo is more than good enough against smaller teams.

Absolutely missed him at united. If he played, our performance would have been more like what we were expected it would be. Against Liverpool he will be needed I think, if we want to go there play well and win. I think at the moment it's between him and willian/schurrle playing. Unfortunately, Ramires seems to be used as a defensive rm in the 4-2-3-1, as opposed to a mid 3 which is his best position IMO. That would allow cesc to get forward more.

Ramires is an integral part of this squad and the people who want him sold are crazy. His pace, intensity and stamina will be key in many games this season and offers something no one else in this team can. He is coming back fresh and will have something to prove. I, for one, welcome him back.

Ramires is an integral part of this squad and the people who want him sold are crazy. His pace, intensity and stamina will be key in many games this season and offers something no one else in this team can. He is coming back fresh and will have something to prove. I, for one, welcome him back.

Agree with you some of the way but not all of it. Our squad definitely needs a player who offers the qualities you list and Rami is one such. His shortcomings are well known however; shortcomings which often become an issue during games. If we can find someone else to match Rami's strengths and to offer improved finesse in possession, that would represent a significant upgrade. That player may not be easy to find but we should be looking. Hard.

Agree with you some of the way but not all of it. Our squad definitely needs a player who offers the qualities you list and Rami is one such. His shortcomings are well known however; shortcomings which often become an issue during games. If we can find someone else to match Rami's strengths and to offer improved finesse in possession, that would represent a significant upgrade. That player may not be easy to find but we should be looking. Hard.

I think it's important to distinguish his pro and cons as an individual player and his role in the team.

I won't say he has poor technique, we have seen he can be exquisite at times. Rather, his consistency is pretty poor technique wise. Plus he gives stupid fouls.

But, his role I'm the team diminishes in terms if technique with the addition of cesc. In fact, all of his pros seem to match cesc's weaknesses. With matic and cesc playing centrally, those stupid fouls seem less dangerous.

I think he is more important this year than last year.

Integral is taking it too far. we already have Oscar and Willian (to an extent) for the battering ram role. He's useful but not "integral"

Chelsea are willing to listen to offers for Ramires and could be prepared to sell him in January, Goalunderstands

The Blues could be prepared to sell the Brazilian midfielder as early as January should a replacement be found, with Real Madrid understood to be among the list of interested clubs

• 2 weeks later...