Ramires

Im not sure if there is already a thread for this player, if so sorry for creating another.

Taken from Sky Sports News.com

Chelsea have expressed interest in bringing Brazilian midfielder Ramires to Stamford Bridge, according to the player's agent.

Benfica star Ramires, who has four years left on his contract with the Portuguese club, played four games for Brazil at the World Cupspacer.gif but was absent from their quarter-final defeat to Holland due to suspension.

The player's agent, Luis Carlini, says both the Blues and Bayern Munich have made enquiries about the 23-year-old midfielder.

"Many clubs from the big European leagues have been in contact about Ramires," Carlini told the News of the World.

"Chelsea and Bayern have spoken to Benfica, but I can't say more."

Ramires, who joined Benfica last summer for £6.5million, admits he could be tempted by an offer from a high-profile club, but insists the decision lies with the Lisbon outfit.

"I came to Europe to win championships," he said.

"It is normal that I would look at any offers from clubs in bigger leagues but I am currently under contract and Benfica will have the final say"

I think it would be a tremendous signing, I've been a fan of the player since I saw him play at the Confederations Cup. He is quick about the pitch, good on the ball with a good awareness of breaking up opposition moves, almost reminiscent of Makelele. Playing him in the holding role, allowing Essien a more attacking role with Lampard also in the midfield would be an excellent trio and would have some energy in it.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the article i read about him.. his nickname is the Blue Kenyan..because when he played for Cruzeiro he wore blue and the Kenyan part came because his stamina is likened to that of a Kenyan long distance runner.what i`ve seen of him he looks a good player..perhaps our resident brasilian can give us more info on him..

i`m not sure what it would mean for the likes of Mikel,Mancienne,Matic & Cork tho,if we signed him,who i had pencilled all of them in as possible DM candidates... i guess one could compete with him for a starting place and the others could compete at other positions..but sure would be interesting to see what the plan would be for them.

i think Mancienne & Cork may depart soon if they feel their chances of playing are too slim and i personally would like to see them given some game time.. with young,talented Englishmen not being easy to obtain the way other teams want to hold onto them or inflate their prices too much just because they are English these days..

so would be a shame to let them slip away now as i feel they are both future England internationals..just hope it`s with us and we don`t let them go now only to spend 20 mill each in a couple of years time to get them back...once they have been given a proper chance to grow into top pro`s elsewhere.

Edited by BlueDrew

Isn't he a player who was on loan from us at PSV along with Alex? .... until he joined Benfica??

I don't know, I might be wrong..could be thinking of someone else

That was Alcides, he went off to play in Uzbekistan i believe :)

I don't think i'd really fancy Ramirez, Isn't the type of player we really need for our squad, we have enough Defensive Midfielders

• 2 weeks later...

Benfica midfielder Ramires has set his sights on a "dream" move to Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea after representing Brazil at the World Cup.

"My agent has told me that a number of clubs are interested in signing me, but this didn't surprise me," he said in Record. "We all know that the World Cup is the perfect stage to prove your worth.

"One good game could be enough to attract the interest of a big club. I don't know the names of the clubs that are after me, but it would be a dream for me to play for a big club such as Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea."

|| Story ||

*according to the Daily Mail*

Chelsea have made a £20 million move for Brazilian World Cup star Ramires.

Barclays Premier League champions want to head off interest from Bayern Munich and Barcelona and hope a deal can be agreed quickly for the man affectionately known as the 'Blue Kenyan' in Brazil.

article-0-0A8631A1000005DC-732_306x423.jpg Ramires: Brazil's surprise hit at the World Cup

Manchester City were reported to have also shown interest in the 23-year-old, but his representatives say they have had no contact and that Ramires sees Chelsea as a 'dream move'.

Chelsea have also bid £17m for Brazilian wonderkid Neymar, but his club Santos want nearer £30m.

The 18-year-old is known to be interested in the transfer, and may force his owners' hand on the matter. Ramires , full name Ramires Santos do Nascimento, has had an impressive first season with Benfica, winning a league and cup double, and shooting to fame at the World Cup after a surprise call from coach Dunga.

His dogged displays and hard-running from a right midfield position caught the eye. Dunga said he was sorely missed after a booking in the fiesty group match with Portugal ruled him out of Brazil's quarterfinal defeat by Holland.

Chelsea made their first enquiry about him before the World Cup, aware Ramires would soon become a target for their rivals, but have now backed that up with a hard offer.

Ramires said: 'My agent has told me that a number of clubs are interested in signing me. We all know that the World Cup is the perfect stage to prove your worth. It would be a dream for me to play for a big club such as Barcelona, Real Madrid or Chelsea.'

Enlarge article-0-0A86FF97000005DC-44_468x296.jpg

Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti needs to strengthen his midfield after losing Joe Cole and Michael Ballack, and with Deco due to return to Brazil. Although he has brought in Liverpool's Yossi Benayoun, Ancelotti knows Ramires can give him options in various positions and, crucially, is young enough to improve further. He could also play a role in Ancelotti's ambitious plan to sign compatriot Kaka from Real Madrid.

Ramires earned his nickname 'Blue Kenyan', or Queniano Azul, at Cruzeiro, due to their blue strip and fans saying he had the endurance of a Kenyan marathon runner.

He claims he honed his running skills as a child. 'When I was a kid, I was always running away from my grandmother,' he said. 'If I didn't run, I'd get spanked.'

A box-to-box midfielder with pace, Ramires is strong in the tackle and creates chances, as he did by dribbling through Chile's defence to set up Robinho in Brazil's 3-0 World Cup win. Such displays will soon have the Blues cheering their very own marathon man.

Chelsea have already lost goalkeeper Peter Cech for the start of the season, after he tore a calf muscle in his right leg. The 28-year-old, who was injured in training on Tuesday and is likely to be out for a month, will be replaced by Hilario.

My god you guys are quick! :lol:

Ramires would be a smashing addition to our squad!!! But I'm worried about Man City going in for him

haha..plenty of times i`ve found a Chelsea story, only to rush over here with it and find somebody else has already posted it...

i`m sure even stupid Man City are starting to think about 20 midfielders is enough for them...i agree tho he would make a great addition,then i would close the book on buying anymore midfielders,unless it`s say somebody really special like Ozil.

One thing I love about Ramires is his speed, and his all round ability to dodge defensive challenges. He's very much like Joe Cole in a way, and can deliver a real killer pass. I think that's what we lack in midfield you know, someone who can dictate play and offer the speed in attack. Now that Cole, Ballack (and almost certainly at least until Monday, Deco) are gone, I think Ramies will make up for it, and more because he's older than all three of them put together.

If we honestly can't get Aguero; then Ramires and Neymar would be two players I'd love to see wearing blue.

One thing I love about Ramires is his speed, and his all round ability to dodge defensive challenges. He's very much like Joe Cole in a way, and can deliver a real killer pass. I think that's what we lack in midfield you know, someone who can dictate play and offer the speed in attack. Now that Cole, Ballack (and almost certainly at least until Monday, Deco) are gone, I think Ramies will make up for it, and more because he's older than all three of them put together.

If we honestly can't get Aguero; then Ramires and Neymar would be two players I'd love to see wearing blue.

wouldn`t that make him about 94...i`m not sure if i`d even want Pele or Garrincha if they were 94...:eyebrows:

i do agree with the other stuff tho..would be some serious energy in our team and especially our midfield with say Essien,Ramires & Lampard as the main starting three behind Malouda,Drogba & Kakuta/Neymar..Ash & Bos making forward forays as much as possible. etc..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You