The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

31 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

RIP

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

Mark Hollis, lead singer of Talk Talk, dies at age 64

Keith Aspden, Hollis’s long-term manager, confirmed the death of the art-pop pioneer, hailing his ‘gentle beauty’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/25/mark-hollis-lead-singer-of-talk-talk-dies-at-age-64-reports-say

Talk Talk - It's My Life (U.S. Extended Remix, 1984)

Never could get into the electronic or New Romantic stuff. I just figured them to be pretty boys out for a shag. Never had any substance to it. No oomph.

Loved one of the quotes thatr old manager of his made. The one who was such a great mate that he hadn't seen him in 20 years!

He says he was one of the best. Probably the best!!!

Does that sound like some cunt looking at a best of record deal with pund signs flashing? Shitbag!

John Senastian the singer went to Woodstock but wasn't supposed to  be playing but because it was pissing it down with no roof on stage they needed an acoustic act so they asked him to play.

Problem was he dropped 2 micro dots an hour before and was off his tits!

Miss Monique - MiMo Weekly Podcast #004 [Progressive Music]

Tracklist:

Danito & Athina - Comet (Original Mix)
 Lagho, Art.Ed - Quantum (Kintar & Suanne Remix)
 D-Nox & K.A.L.I.L. - The Seed (Stan Kolev & Matan Caspi Remix)
 Mattia Pompeo - Circle (Original Mix)
 Angelo Fracalanza - Eclipse (Original Mix)
 Monastetiq, Betoko, Haze-M - Trittonia (Monastetiq Remix)
 Rafael Cerato, Lunar Plane - Tresor (Original Mix)
 Township Rebellion - Monocloque (Original Mix)

13 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Bought this when it came out. Cringe ! On the B side was 'Senor Ossie'/ 1970 World Cup. I still have it somewhere.

What a bunch of repoibates eh! Proper characters.

My old dear bought me Blue is The Color. I gets home after skiving school and she said I could put it in my record collection bless her lol Me and my Uncle had a pretty big one already by then.

I never knew there were so many diff versions of it tho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Is_the_Colour_(song)

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

What a bunch of repoibates eh! Proper characters.

My old dear bought me Blue is The Color. I gets home after skiving school and she said I could put it in my record collection bless her lol Me and my Uncle had a pretty big one already by then.

I never knew there were so many diff versions of it tho

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Is_the_Colour_(song)

Brilliant Pathe News footage there -never seen it before. Tragic seeing Ron Harris stood between Houseman (early death in a car crash) and Osgood. (I met Ossie a year to the day before he died in a pub in Bristol. Walked into an empty pub and your childhood hero is sat in the corner with a glass of red wine. After a couple of doubletakes. went over and he was to give a motivational speech in a hotel next door to Bristol City players. With him for about an hour and a half, bought me two pints, and regaled with some brilliant stories about the 60s and 70s, George Best, women, and how he despised Bates. And how he was working on a building site then a few weeks later playing in front of 50 000. Sadly missed, genuine nice geezer.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Brilliant Pathe News footage there -never seen it before. Tragic seeing Ron Harris stood between Houseman (early death in a car crash) and Osgood. (I met Ossie a year to the day before he died in a pub in Bristol. Walked into an empty pub and your childhood hero is sat in the corner with a glass of red wine. After a couple of doubletakes. went over and he was to give a motivational speech in a hotel next door to Bristol City players. With him for about an hour and a half, bought me two pints, and regaled with some brilliant stories about the 60s and 70s, George Best, women, and how he despised Bates. And how he was working on a building site then a few weeks later playing in front of 50 000. Sadly missed, genuine nice geezer.

Thats excellent mate, Great memory to have. Many of us would have loved to have done it.

Only time I've met any of our lads apart from them special meet the players nights is when me and the Mrs was strolling round Harrods once and ran into Wayne Bridge and this bird. Was just after he scored that goal against the gooners in the CL 2004??? Went over told him he was the dogs bollox and shook his hand. My Mrs got yakking to his bird and we ended up going for a coffee and cream donut with them in the Cafe. And he paid lol

My Mrs once stood in a queue from 6am down Oxford St to get me a Drogs shirt he was there signing. I was in hospital after a perforated ulcer and wanted to cheer me up.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Thats excellent mate, Great memory to have. Many of us would have loved to have done it.

Only time I've met any of our lads apart from them special meet the players nights is when me and the Mrs was strolling round Harrods once and ran into Wayne Bridge and this bird. Was just after he scored that goal against the gooners in the CL 2004??? Went over told him he was the dogs bollox and shook his hand. My Mrs got yakking to his bird and we ended up going for a coffee and cream donut with them in the Cafe. And he paid lol

My Mrs once stood in a queue from 6am down Oxford St to get me a Drogs shirt he was there signing. I was in hospital after a perforated ulcer and wanted to cheer me up.

Brilliant, nothing better than getting over a perforated ulcer (ouch!) with a signed Drogs shirt, and having a coffee and doughnut with Bridgey -did you come on to his missus ?

I was waiting for a mate when I was drinking with the King, and when he turned up he was fucking star struck ! I said to Osgood this is my mate Grahame, Ossie stood up and shook his hand and said 'Nice to meet you Grahame, what are you drinking ?' My mate thought it was a lookey likey wind up. :D

New Compilation | Kitsuné Parisien | The Art-de-vivre Issue

Kitsuné Parisien | The Best New Music from Paris

Always carried by its ambition of discovering tomorrow’s new talents, Kitsuné Musique unveils its selection of French artists-to-watch in the fifth volume of its famous compilation Kitsuné Parisien.

Tracklist:

The Pirouettes – Ça ira ça ira
Monterosso – Aimants
Napkey – Great Escape
Sirocco – L’impossible Vérité
Edgär – Heaven Tricks
Kemmler – Dernier Verre (feat. Joachim Pastor)
Clem Beatz – Way Out (feat. MIAE)
NAMPA – The Feeling
Quelu – Carré
Equateur – Pelican
Amarula Café Club – Low
GABRIEL – I Wanna Ahah!
Relayer – You Got It (Feat JayEllDee)
Cheb Miaou – Paris (Feat. Kye Jones)

27466--4e3ccf6d73c1e2dcc2661ef6ccf05d6f.

5 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Brilliant, nothing better than getting over a perforated ulcer (ouch!) with a signed Drogs shirt, and having a coffee and doughnut with Bridgey -did you come on to his missus ?

I was waiting for a mate when I was drinking with the King, and when he turned up he was fucking star struck ! I said to Osgood this is my mate Grahame, Ossie stood up and shook his hand and said 'Nice to meet you Grahame, what are you drinking ?' My mate thought it was a lookey likey wind up. :D

Mate I don't think theres any apart from maybe Baklles that would even goto a proper pub nowadays let alone have a pint with you.

I know its different times, more money, written in contracts etc but they just seem different characters now. And really not sure if thats a good thing.

Think it was more like him coming onto my Mrs lol She was a looker! Not sure if she was his Mrs or a bit of fluff but they seemed tight and was a nice girl. Invited them to a party that night but never heard from then lol I did tell them it might not be to their normal standard tho haha

Off of his album of covers Pin ups

25 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Mate I don't think theres any apart from maybe Baklles that would even goto a proper pub nowadays let alone have a pint with you.

I know its different times, more money, written in contracts etc but they just seem different characters now. And really not sure if thats a good thing.

Think it was more like him coming onto my Mrs lol She was a looker! Not sure if she was his Mrs or a bit of fluff but they seemed tight and was a nice girl. Invited them to a party that night but never heard from then lol I did tell them it might not be to their normal standard tho haha

Off of his album of covers Pin ups

Won that album at a school disco !

45 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yes it is different times - another thing that fucks me off is all the smiling and cuddling of opponents in the tunnel and even after they've lost !!

No way Ron Harris or JT would do that !

34 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Won that album at a school disco !

Hes very cringey isn't he. My new flatmate doesn't get it lol

Thats exactly how I feel. Talking all matey andf hugging before a game. I want them pumped up and feeling like they hate them. Let them make up the day after.

POND - Tasmania (Official Audio)

just dropped today, luscious choon:wub:

Label:
Marathon Artists ‎– MA0145CD
Format:
CD, Gatefold 
UK
Released:
01 Mar 2019
Genre:
Electronic, Rock
Style:
Psychedelic Rock

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/pond-tasmania/

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/2455228

pond-tasmania-1547155191-640x640.jpg?fit=640%2C640Aussie bunch POND are streaming their new album, 'Tasmania'

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

My mate doesn't get Alan Partridge either - he said 'he's an idiot' ….yeah, that's the point :D

I like Bowies version better.

Your mates probably English too. This girls Turkish! She doesnt get sarcasm at all which means I get some strange looks at times haha