The 'What Song Are You Listening To Now' Thread

BlueLion.

y me a couple of their tracks the other day and now they are on Saturday AM this morning.

Pretty sure they like excursions on the astral plane!

Like an updated Madchester feel,

Latest single I think - watch it @ 50secs

Cypress Hill - Insane In The Brain80639f09a5bb636126f3ebd0931b70fc.png (Hit The Hash Edit)

Cypress Hill ‎– Insane In The Brain (The Sweden Smokes Mixes) Promo
Label:
Private White Label
Format:
12-inch vinyl 
Sweden
Released:
December 1,1999
Genre:
Hip Hop

R-1803083-1537011054-4630.mpo.jpg

The Groupies ‎– Primitive 

It truly deserves another go go go round, plus this comes up in 2 songs on the comp here at our house (we really listen sorta real time to what I put up, I would say if I post it, 90% chance we are on that shit to our eardrums in the real)

Label:

ATCO Records ‎– 45-6393

Format:

Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM, Single 

US

Released:

Jan 1966

Genre:

Rock

Style:

Garage Rock

H.R. – Singin' in the Heart

Label:
SST Records ‎– SST 224
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album 
US
Released:
Genre:
Reggae
Style:
Reggae, Dub

R-453799-1358320216-1911.jpeg.jpg

IF you do not know who H.R. is

well let me introduce you

Adolescents – I Love You

Adolescents ‎– Brats In Battalions
Label:
S.O.S. Records (5) ‎– SOS1001, S.O.S. Records (5) ‎– SOSLP 1001
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album 
US
Released:
Aug 1987
Genre:
Rock
Style:
Punk, Hardcore

R-619811-1520907434-7273.jpeg.jpg

The Undertones - Seven Singles 1978-1980 Full Vinyl UK

If you hate this

you hate life

'

1- Teenage kicks 00:00
2- Smarter than you 2:29
3- True confessions 4:09
4- Emergency cases 6:07
5- Jimmy Jimmy 8:10
6- Mars bar 10:55
7- Get over you 13:07
8- Really really 15:50
9- She can only say no 17:46
10- Here comes the summer 18:44
11- One way love 20:32
12- Top twenty 22:50
13- You´ve got my number (Why don´t you use it?) 25:09
14- Let´s talk about girls 27:51
15- My perfect cousin 31:31
16- Hard luck (Again) 34:12 
17- I don´t wanna see you again 38:23
18- Wednesday week 39:17
19- I told you so 41:36

A-64687-1106518000.jpg.jpg

Kode9 - Sinogrime Minimix (2005)

Free Download

To my east-side crew, get paper: more Sinogrime

http://dan-hancox.blogspot.com/2009/12/to-my-east-side-crew-get-paper-more.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20091121015924/http://dot-alt.blogspot.com/2009/11/london-orient-kode9-sinogrime-minimix.html

Sinogrime is a sub-genre that barely ever existed, a momentary glitch in the supposedly predictable sonic geography of London dance music. Around 2002-3, with garage crumbling and the cement still drying on grime as a genre, a few producers in E3 suddenly lurched further east than they ever had before.

This is the sound of Shanghai towerblocks and the millennial promise of a new superpower, refracted through the scuffed windows of Crossways Estate in Bow. From the outset grime's sonic palette defined it as the most futurist of genres - a steel sword cutting cleanly through UK hip-hop's wooden edifice - but it rarely sounded as futurist as this.

I went to interview Kode9 for The Guardian recently (link here), and among other things we got talking about sinogrime… Here’s what he said:
I’ve always been fascinated by these little squiggly synths, whether it’s been in jazz funk, or gangsta rap, or 80s synth pop… and also grime. That’s what I love most about grime actually, that kind of hyper-coloured sound. I was never so into the aggression of grime – I liked it in the MCs and the music, but it was actually how fucking beautiful melodically Target, Wiley, Terror Danjah, Ruff Sqwad and Jammer were – the Chinese style instrumentals.

I did this mix a few years ago that was just Jammer and Wiley and Target - of just half an hour of these Chinese-style plinky-plonk sounds… it was a bit sloppy, but it is fucking amazing music. Those guys were just on taking an aspect of hip-hop and blending it with really quite jarring, brash melodies.
For the first time, here is that mix.

Image result for Sinogrimekode9_111909.webpImage result for Sinogrime

On 2/16/2019 at 8:28 PM, Vesper said:

The Groupies ‎– Primitive 

It truly deserves another go go go round, plus this comes up in 2 songs on the comp here at our house (we really listen sorta real time to what I put up, I would say if I post it, 90% chance we are on that shit to our eardrums in the real)

Garage Rock

BITS of this sound like it could be on Twin Peaks

On 2/18/2019 at 6:36 PM, Vesper said:

Sinogrime is a sub-genre that barely ever existed, a momentary glitch in the supposedly predictable sonic geography of London dance music. Around 2002-3, with garage crumbling and the cement still drying on grime as a genre, a few producers in E3 suddenly lurched further east than they ever had before.

I like a boogie and I know I'm as old as Gods dog but I can't begin to imagine what the dancers do to this!!!

Theres been some stuff put out on Two Tone that sounds nowt like what you would imagine

Booth tracks on thiis is good A lot of the early 80s sounded a bit like this. Killing Joke like stuff.l

Been taking my new flat mate thru my musical tastes. Did her head in walking into my record box formerly known as a spare bedroom!

Shes been going to Goa for 10 years now and is blind to the bad elements of what it has turned into but am trying to explain just how netter it was before it got taken over by bread heads and business minded gangs.

From the 70s to late 90s it really couldn't be beaten. It was the most laid back, Om Shanti, beautiful place you could ever imagine. This is why i keep going back.

Couldn't find any good vids earlier than this but you get the idea. This is 92 so the party/dance scene in England is still going strong.

But this is TRANCE!

It goes right here on the beach up into the hillside. Travellers coming from all around India for 3 or 4 days then going back where they are based. But mainly around Goa.

You can see in the vids that its not purely westerners. Theres a large Israeli base there. And like minded travellers from all round the world.

You also get a lot of Indians into the scene. All self medicating and dancing away. And some real crazy ones too. Theres this guy who must be about 80 now that I first talked to about 30 years ago. He always walks around / dances with a bottle of water on his head. Dressed in a tie dye Buddhist robe and barefoot and tripping his tits off. But nobody even notices him cause its a normal sight.

Syntax – Pray (Junkie XL Remix)

Label:
Illustrious ‎– DJPRAY002
Format:
Vinyl, 12", Limited Edition, Test Pressing, White Label, Promo 
UK
Released:
27 Jan 2003
Genre:
Electronic
Style:
Progressive Trance

R-2277766-1274006616.jpeg.jpg

One of the best dance bands ever IMVHO.

Soooo many different re mixes

We was lucky to get back stage before /after this as Sister was friends with my Mrs and her mate Even went to see them working at their studio.

FOR THE BRIXTON MASSIVE!!!!

Mark Hollis, lead singer of Talk Talk, dies at age 64

Keith Aspden, Hollis’s long-term manager, confirmed the death of the art-pop pioneer, hailing his ‘gentle beauty’

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/feb/25/mark-hollis-lead-singer-of-talk-talk-dies-at-age-64-reports-say

Talk Talk - It's My Life (U.S. Extended Remix, 1984)

Label:
EMI ‎– 1C K 062 2002776
Format:
Vinyl, 12", 45 RPM, Maxi-Single 
Europe
Released:
Genre:
Electronic, Pop
Style:
Synth-pop

R-515911-1337245382-3241.jpeg.jpgR-515911-1129558129.jpeg.jpg