test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

love cfc

Branislav Ivanovic

Started by love cfc,

136 posts in this topic
It has been rumoured in Russia that Ivanovic will join Chelsea in January, and media have reported he underwent a medical at the London club on the 2nd January 2008.

source Wikipedia

Well it would be good to get our first signing under the belt for January as soon as possible. However i would say that a Centre back is not the most pressing of positions needed to be filled at the moment. Midfield and a striker are the most important right now...

Nothing said on the bbc website

Nothing said on SkySports News

Nothing said on the Chelsea Official Site

Therefore I still don't think anything has happened

He can play anywhere in the back four and he is only 23 (quite young for a defender) i belive he would be a massive addition to the squad and if we can lure Anelka to Stamford we would be charging with full force on 4 fronts once again.

All the papers talking about it being a done deal but yet nothing from the club yet! Not sure what they are waiting for if it is done as much as the papers say. To have someone versatile enough to play across the back 4 is a huge advantage, and you can tell that he likes to get forward which is why he will be so comfortable as a full back...

I really do think we need someone better then Ben Haim and he seems he deffo is. plus he is young which is great :)

I think we really need someone better then ben Haim....if we can bring better players why shouln'd we'?

Plays all across the back 4 apparently, but i think his natural position is Centre Back..

In that case we should snap him up immediately.

In that case we should snap him up immediately.

We already have. Aparently it is the work permit that we are waiting for, once that is done the announcement will be made. I think Monday is when it will be done...

We already have. Aparently it is the work permit that we are waiting for, once that is done the announcement will be made. I think Monday is when it will be done...

Excellent news

This should be done and dusted soonish - I know it's Tribal but they have to get something right one day

''Lokomotiv Moscow defender Branislav Ivanovic is expected to sign for Chelsea today.

Sport Express says Chelsea are confident of securing the Serbia international's work permit today after battling through the courts. Ivanovic hasn't played 75 per cent of Serbia's recent internationals and so doesn't automatically qualify for a UK work permit.

However, Chelsea are confident they've successfully argued Ivanovic is an "exceptional talent" and will receive a positive ruling today''

Yup, already heard that we will find out today if we can get the permit for him. So hopefully we have the deal done and dusted this week, although i did read somewhere he is getting married this week which could hold it up a bit.