Fulham Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, I would take off Wright-Phillips and bring on Paulo Ferreira to slot in as a third centre-half. This is a lead we MUST defend if we really want to apply pressure on United and Arsenal. I know they are playing teams in midtable but if we put pressure on them by cutting the lead, they might find an urgent need to attack thus leaving themselves open at the back.

Edited by BlueLion

Fulham have brought on Healy. They are getting desperate, time to bring on Ferreira and Pizarro I feel. I think we should revert to a 5-3-2, with Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole coming off. We should make the midfield as compact as possible with Essien, Mikel and Ballack, with Pizarro playing deep to link up the midfield to Kalou. Would work a treat as it is a defensive formation which can easily be sprung into attack with Belletti and Bridge playing as full-backs.

If anything, I would take off Wright-Phillips and bring on Paulo Ferreira to slot in as a third centre-half. This is a lead we MUST defend if we really want to apply pressure on United and Arsenal. I know they are playing teams in midtable but if we put pressure on them by cutting the lead, they might find an urgent need to attack thus leaving themselves open at the back.

completely agree. we have the lead. lets keep it. switch to a 5-4-1 and shut up shop. 2-1 after our shite first half is great. they are getting down the left side too easy. let paulo help belletti who appears to be struggleing

Yeah, thats what I am saying. If we go to five at the back, we can have Belletti moved forward as a wing back who can support the forward play whilst Ferreira covers. I think Ferreira is the better defender of the two and should be brought on to add some steele to the play. Belletti has been great going forward but he has given away a couple of clumsy freekicks in dangerous positions and I don't need to remind you how weak Hilario is when it comes to crosses.

Anyone else feel Mikel has been the difference? He has been powerful going forward and his defensive skill has added some strength to our midfield. A good substitution by Granty.

yup,Mikel has certainly gained the experience and have been playing brilliantly...