Fulham Vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Fulham versus Chelsea F.C.

Fulham entertain Chelsea in the West London derby in the day's early kick-off

Chelsea beat Fulham 2-0 last season thanks to a Frank Lampard double, but were beaten 1-0 the previous campaign. Chelsea almost tasted home defeat for the first time in 69 matches when the teams last met in the Premier League, but the combined interventions of Petr Cech and poor Fulham shooting ensured Chelsea earned a point in a fascinating 0-0 draw.

Match chat here!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-0 or a draw.Not confident about this and plus with a new manager they'll be trying to prove something.But hey if we can score the first goal of 2008 and win the first game in 2008 would be a funky dorie start

Edited by Layla

Its time for Sheva to stand up and be counted. Start 2008 as we mean to go on. Avram the Clown (as i know call him after his tactical stupidity against Newcastle) best leave all the tactics to Henk Tent Cante (or what ever his name is)

my prediction = Fulham 1-2 Chelsea (CFC goals Sheva and Ballack)

Chelsea will have Ashley Cole available after suspension but Ricardo Carvalho is still banned and Andriy Shevchenko (leg) is set to miss out again.

John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Claude Makelele, Florent Malouda, Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini are all still out.

I think maybe Pizarro and Mikel would have been better suited to playing this game. Kalou usually tends to hug the touchline so playing him as an out and out striker means the wingers won't really have a target man. I would have gone for a regular 4-4-2, with Pizarro supporting Kalou, with Joe Cole and Wright-Phillips playing wide in the four-man midfield with Essien and Mikel in more defensive positions.

And as I say that, Joe Cole gives away a penalty. 1-0 to Fulham.

Edited by BlueLion

Awww apprantly Jose watching as well,according to Sky anyways

Sweet!

But how the hell do they know? Has he phoned up to tell them!

Still, he can watch the new style Chelsea under Mr Grant being put through their paces can't he.

Wonder what he will think of it all.

Come on guys!

20 minutes gone and we are having another typically slow start. The defence is leaderless and for the third league match running, completely asleep when it comes to defending set plays and crosses. The strike force is Kalou-less (couldn't resist) and the only player really giving his all is Joey who is clearly pissed after giving away that penalty.

But remember boxing day 2005? Joe Cole gave a penalty away to Fulham at the Bridge, before setting up the winning goal. Let's hope he does the same.