test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlueLion.

Fulham Vs Chelsea

Started by BlueLion.,

182 posts in this topic

Fulham versus Chelsea F.C.

Fulham entertain Chelsea in the West London derby in the day's early kick-off

Chelsea beat Fulham 2-0 last season thanks to a Frank Lampard double, but were beaten 1-0 the previous campaign. Chelsea almost tasted home defeat for the first time in 69 matches when the teams last met in the Premier League, but the combined interventions of Petr Cech and poor Fulham shooting ensured Chelsea earned a point in a fascinating 0-0 draw.

Match chat here!

1-0 or a draw.Not confident about this and plus with a new manager they'll be trying to prove something.But hey if we can score the first goal of 2008 and win the first game in 2008 would be a funky dorie start

Its time for Sheva to stand up and be counted. Start 2008 as we mean to go on. Avram the Clown (as i know call him after his tactical stupidity against Newcastle) best leave all the tactics to Henk Tent Cante (or what ever his name is)

my prediction = Fulham 1-2 Chelsea (CFC goals Sheva and Ballack)

Im going for 2-0 Chels win.

Found a stream link for later if you dont have Sky.

You will need Sopcast and im not sure if it'll work but ill put more links up later.

Sport Channel 1 - sop://202.190.75.149:3912/1004

Chelsea will have Ashley Cole available after suspension but Ricardo Carvalho is still banned and Andriy Shevchenko (leg) is set to miss out again.

John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didier Drogba, Claude Makelele, Florent Malouda, Petr Cech and Carlo Cudicini are all still out.

only one change from the Toons match.. Sidwell in for Obi

Hilario

Belletti

BenHaim

Alex

Bridge

Ballack

Essien

Sidwell

Kalou

SWP

J.Cole

Decent start by both teams. My stream is a wee bit behind, but only by about 10 seconds. Both teams have had decent chances in fairness.

I think maybe Pizarro and Mikel would have been better suited to playing this game. Kalou usually tends to hug the touchline so playing him as an out and out striker means the wingers won't really have a target man. I would have gone for a regular 4-4-2, with Pizarro supporting Kalou, with Joe Cole and Wright-Phillips playing wide in the four-man midfield with Essien and Mikel in more defensive positions.

And as I say that, Joe Cole gives away a penalty. 1-0 to Fulham.

Awww apprantly Jose watching as well,according to Sky anyways

Sweet!

But how the hell do they know? Has he phoned up to tell them!

Still, he can watch the new style Chelsea under Mr Grant being put through their paces can't he.

Wonder what he will think of it all.

Come on guys!

20 minutes gone and we are having another typically slow start. The defence is leaderless and for the third league match running, completely asleep when it comes to defending set plays and crosses. The strike force is Kalou-less (couldn't resist) and the only player really giving his all is Joey who is clearly pissed after giving away that penalty.

But remember boxing day 2005? Joe Cole gave a penalty away to Fulham at the Bridge, before setting up the winning goal. Let's hope he does the same.

20 minutes gone and we are having another typically slow start. The defence is leaderless and for the third league match running, completely asleep when it comes to defending set plays and crosses. The strike force is Kalou-less (couldn't resist) and the only player really giving his all is Joey who is clearly pissed after giving away that penalty.

But remember boxing day 2005? Joe Cole gave a penalty away to Fulham at the Bridge, before setting up the winning goal. Let's hope he does the same.

Thanks for the run down, I cannot get access to anything and so I'm relying on someone telling me how things are looking.

I'm sure we will pull one back, we do have better quality man for man than they do and that should tell in the end.

Considering we are playing second choice players in every position, bar perhaps Essien, Ballack and Joe Cole it is not really surprising that Fulham are the better side.