test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KENT_BLUE

Gianfranco Zola

Started by KENT_BLUE,

198 posts in this topic

Just came here to post it. Anyway, what is Chalobah talking about? The angle he scored from was nowhere near from where Frank scored. At least Zola tried to emulate it as much as he could, Nate wasn't even trying. Makes you appreciate Frank's goal even more, it really was unbelievable - the angle, the occasion, the opponent. Probably my most favourite goal of all time. Yes you have those long screamer power shots that look unbelievable, but they aren't that rare. This goal, however, was so unique that it's hard to replicate even with no pressure and defenders.

Buuut it's good to see Zola kicking the ball around and giving recognition to Lamps this way :)

Tomo likes this

I started following Chelsea seriously after Zola left. I just started watching very long highlight clips from him. Unbeleivable. It looks like he should have been a Ballon d'Or candidate. What am I missing?

Just bumped into him up at Bluewater (it's a shopping centre in Kent). He was coming in as I was walking out and I had to explain to my friend exactly why I was acting like a schoolgirl. :wub::wub::wub:

I missed out on meeting him at the London legends cup 2 years ago, got to Craven Cottage and was told that two minutes ago Jimmy and Zola were outside talking and taking autograph's, i felt sick, still do.

To make it worse it was a Tottenham fan that broke the news to me.

Edited by Tomo

While everything that has happened under Roman has been bloody fantastic, I still feel rather attached to the side of the mid to late 90's and in particular Zola. The man was a class act, I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about him. He never complained and when he felt frustrated at not being picked he didn't throw the rattler out of the pram he got fired up and played even better and no game shows this better then the game against Stuttgart in the 98 Cup Winners Cup Final.