Gianfranco Zola

KENT_BLUE

Was so sad as a young lad seeing him go, was my favorite player at the time, still is up their,

What a player tho! what a man! humble and an all around nice fella! he's what ive coming to expect from chelsea players and a great example of something the club, on a player level, up holds can still see the attitude in mata for example as well.

Great guy! Hope him all the best with watford!

• 3 weeks later...

Zola: ”I have been dreaming of becoming a good manager. One who can lead a team like Chelsea. I do not know if I will manage Chelsea. I think I have the abilities but I do not think I am good enough yet.”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has guided Watford to 2nd place in the table. Yes, he made tons of loan signings but to gel a team of players who do not know each other into a team of winners and chasing promotion is excellent. One of the youngest managers around and is over exceeding expectations at Vicarage Road. Just hope he can guide Watford in the Prem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just came here to post it. Anyway, what is Chalobah talking about? The angle he scored from was nowhere near from where Frank scored. At least Zola tried to emulate it as much as he could, Nate wasn't even trying. Makes you appreciate Frank's goal even more, it really was unbelievable - the angle, the occasion, the opponent. Probably my most favourite goal of all time. Yes you have those long screamer power shots that look unbelievable, but they aren't that rare. This goal, however, was so unique that it's hard to replicate even with no pressure and defenders.

Buuut it's good to see Zola kicking the ball around and giving recognition to Lamps this way :)

• 1 month later...

I started following Chelsea seriously after Zola left. I just started watching very long highlight clips from him. Unbeleivable. It looks like he should have been a Ballon d'Or candidate. What am I missing?

• 1 month later...

Just bumped into him up at Bluewater (it's a shopping centre in Kent). He was coming in as I was walking out and I had to explain to my friend exactly why I was acting like a schoolgirl. :wub::wub::wub:

I missed out on meeting him at the London legends cup 2 years ago, got to Craven Cottage and was told that two minutes ago Jimmy and Zola were outside talking and taking autograph's, i felt sick, still do.

To make it worse it was a Tottenham fan that broke the news to me.

Edited by Tomo