test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KENT_BLUE

Gianfranco Zola

Started by KENT_BLUE,

168 posts in this topic

Suarez (just on his footballing ability) is comparable to Zola.

However a big part of Zola's game, was being the nicest players to have ever graced the game, so Suarez cannot touch such a legend.

I thought Suarez was more comprable to Gudjohnsen in a footballing sense, likes to play a bit but does not have an amazing goal record for a forward.

No one is comparable to Zola,comparing him with Mata just because he had 5 good games is a insult to me and should be to the Chelsea faithful.

bro, slow your roll. I said he has some abilities, but he is not like Zola. Just curious, are you more upset w/ Mata being compared to Zola or w/ Suarez being compared to Zola??? BTW, what do you think of my friend that said David Silva is BETTER than Zola??? I am surprised you didn't read that.

No one is comparable to Zola,comparing him with Mata just because he had 5 good games is a insult to me and should be to the Chelsea faithful.

It's hardly an "insult". More of an honour.

bro, slow your roll. I said he has some abilities, but he is not like Zola. Just curious, are you more upset w/ Mata being compared to Zola or w/ Suarez being compared to Zola??? BTW, what do you think of my friend that said David Silva is BETTER than Zola??? I am surprised you didn't read that.

Didn't quote or reply to your post mate,i was just suggesting the general opinion :)

It's hardly an "insult". More of an honour.

Mata played a handful of games,Zola made history.That is why i said it is an ''insult''.

comparisons made after such a short time are ridiculous . It is however acceptable to say for example .. the way Mata plays reminds me of Zola

or similar comments about Suarez or Silva

Mata played a handful of games,Zola made history.That is why i said it is an ''insult''.

But that doesn't matter when it comes to style of play. That's where the comparisons come from..

I did type close. I know Mata is not there, but of #10 in EPL today, his game is the closest we seen Zola like.

In Astronomical terms 1000 million miles is close so perhaps you might not be far off

But that doesn't matter when it comes to style of play. That's where the comparisons come from..

I agree with the ''style'' i have a playing style like JT still no one compares me with him :lol:

Suarez is comparable to Zola in terms of skill but Zola had much more pace then Suarez and he was deadly from a set piece. Zola was something else, he would add so much to this side, i miss him soooooo much he used to make me watch match of the day every Saturday morning as a kid. I used to try the little turns and drop of the shoulder's of Zola with a rolled up sock :doh: when i was 10, if he played in the current Chelsea side he would win those games were they are leading to a bore draw he was that special. He was not robotic like many of our players he could turn someone and create space like no other player. The only player in the late 90's who was just as good as Zola at playing the second striker role was Parma's Ariel Ortega, Ortega was a Argentinean genius.

Suarez is comparable to Zola in terms of skill but Zola had much more pace then Suarez and he was deadly from a set piece. Zola was something else, he would add so much to this side, i miss him soooooo much he used to make me watch match of the day every Saturday morning as a kid. I used to try the little turns and drop of the shoulder's of Zola with a rolled up sock :doh: when i was 10, if he played in the current Chelsea side he would win those games were they are leading to a bore draw he was that special. He was not robotic like many of our players he could turn someone and create space like no other player. The only player in the late 90's who was just as good as Zola at playing the second striker role was Parma's Ariel Ortega, Ortega was a Argentinean genius.

Top post. I also dont think theres ever been a footballer with a better temprament.

"I believe the same thing that everyone else does, they play spectacular football, very pretty to see. The majority of supporters admire Barcelona because of their fantastic football and for the type of players they have," Zola told the club's official website.

"It’s a big challenge because it’s not easy to win the Champions League, even more so for a team like Barca, having won so much. However, if anyone can do it, they can."

Players should think it is an honour to play for us . We should feel honoured as a Club and as supporters that Zola played for us.

It is still a great thrill to see him play in blue for the Chelsea Masters.

Ollie and Spike like this

doing a Shrek or is it Messi growth hormones...???

That's exactly on the mind of the guy who comes and stands behind Zola in the vid :lol: