Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Say what you want for his good qualities on display but he's really not up to pace for the PL yet. His reactions, challenges & passes are all executed a second or 2 after than you'd expect from any of our other players. He chases too many balls which he should've been well positioned enough to have land at his feet. That aside though, he does have good determination & that side of his mentality generally I think. He won't be scoring goals though, and he will have brainfarts. Perfect Mikel replacement.^_^

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Say what you want for his good qualities on display but he's really not up to pace for the PL yet. His reactions, challenges & passes are all executed a second or 2 after than you'd expect from any of our other players. He chases too many balls which he should've been well positioned enough to have land at his feet. That aside though, he does have good determination & that side of his mentality generally I think. He won't be scoring goals though, and he will have brainfarts. Perfect Mikel replacement.^_^

What kind of logic is this? He just played against a Premier League team. He didn't need to rush anything today. He made the correct decision with the ball 99% of the time. Why would he try and rush a pass when we're defending a lead against and ten-man team?

His passing, vision and composure is already miles ahead of Mikel's.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

He chased too many balls? Did you even watch the game? Dude was asked to sit in front of the defence as an anchor and did exactly that for most of the time he was on. Didn't really venture forward that much. 

3 hours ago, Leif said:

Fs it's his first game give the kid a chance he couldnt do no worse than Mikel 

50 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Think people are reading too much into his cameo. The game was pretty much won after the Wasilewski sending off.

Agree. He looks more of a player than Loftus-Cheek though (taken his pre-season performances into account as well).

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Now thats what I call taking chances. He did realy well yesterday, simple stuff, but his composure on the ball is very good.

Seems like those that we didnt count much like Moses and Chalobah are proving us and the club wrong.

Neither will be any more than squad players, especially if we plan to get back to challenging on all fronts.

Moses could maybe be our 4th choice winger in the long run and Nate can be the midfield Paulo, ie the squad player that fills in about 10 times a season.

2 minutes ago, nono said:

I was surprised at how safe he was playing it. Wonder if it was Conte's instructions or just the nerves of a debut. 

Chalobah said in an interview that Conte said to him that he has to keep his defensive duties in mind,so it were Conte´s instructions

I think he could be useful for Conte's style of play. The boy has good vision and is good at long passing. He can also be really useful in defence as he isn't bad at tackling too.
(Didn't he started his career as CB?) I think he deserves a chance this season. He can start some games even in PL.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

We have been crying out needing to put Chalobah with Cescy and N'Golo. They all compliment each other well and I cant see a problem with him playing against anyone.

I would love this midfield but it's not gonna happen ... Oscar and Matić say hey :(

1 minute ago, jernej93 said:

I would love this midfield but it's not gonna happen ... Oscar and Matić say hey :(

I hear ya mate but I really dont understand why tho

Matic/Cescy just doesnt work and Oscars only good for figh end pressing. Having these 3 in CM would change our game wheter it was a 4-3-3 or in a 3-5-2 which I hope to see us try a few times. Be good to see them against the north London lot.

On 9/22/2016 at 11:18 AM, Unionjack said:

I hear ya mate but I really dont understand why tho

Matic/Cescy just doesnt work and Oscars only good for figh end pressing. Having these 3 in CM would change our game wheter it was a 4-3-3 or in a 3-5-2 which I hope to see us try a few times. Be good to see them against the north London lot.

well it did not work before Kante... suspect it might with him in there, or Chalobah too.

It's a long season and I suspect we will see several variations in the midfield trio.

For me, as long as Chalobah stays ahead of Mikel I am happy, as he will get minutes for sure.