test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clevemayer

Nathaniel Chalobah

Started by Clevemayer,

1,878 posts in this topic
13 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I mean there is another way of looking at this....If he had been playing at Monaco last season we would be paying 40M for him now:lol:

Or there's another way, if he was owned by Napoli and played the same (lack of) games he did and we signed him, the same people whining about this sale would have been the same to bitch and moan about how we have no ambition and have signed "another Papy/Hector level player".

Belgiannutt likes this

Welp, now the only youngster I have a hype for making it here is Palmer.

With Matic being sold and us being short of midfielders, maybe we could go after this guy.

Seems to be well liked, sticks up for his teammates when butt-hurt City players try to injure our players, best as a CM, not a CDM or a CAM, HG.... the list goes on

his shortsightedness led him away from the club with all the competitions will be playing in he would get games.. but he saw the Bakayoko signing as too much

sometimes the player just isn't that good and need to move to a smaller club. Whether he will improve and be OK (for a squad player) 2-3 years from now matters very little right now.

If you think of it from the manager's POV, can he rely on the player to cover and compete against most other PL outfits? Likely his, and most likely other coaches, assessment was that Chalobah was just not good enough and would have limited exposure in the starting XI which was not enough for the player.

Not much you can do in these situations. Player did what he thought was right, and so did the club.

Tomo likes this

Most non-existent player on the pitch for Watford. Britos gives the ball away, but Chalobah is a total passenger. No surprise; same as previous performances.

31 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Most non-existent player on the pitch for Watford. Britos gives the ball away, but Chalobah is a total passenger. No surprise; same as previous performances.

Give him half a season at least. 

Remember KDB was horrible at the beginning till he got a run of games. 

10 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Give him half a season at least. 

Remember KDB was horrible at the beginning till he got a run of games. 

We'll see, but I think that is just what he is: a limited midfielder who doesn't make things happen.

BTW, Richarlison is on now (the player Chelsea were supposedly scouting).

32 minutes ago, ja1 said:

Well done to him, first call up to full England squad. 

Southgate has always been a big fan of his. I wonder if a conversation with the England boss might not have played a part in Nat's insistence on joining Watford? Pure speculation but possible I suppose.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Southgate has always been a big fan of his. I wonder if a conversation with the England boss might not have played a part in Nat's insistence on joining Watford? Pure speculation but possible I suppose.

Of course it affected his decision.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-southgate-wants-nathaniel-chalobah-10704702

That's an article from June suggesting that even then Southgate considered Chalobah an option for next summer's World Cup but only if he plays PL football every week this season.

Wishing him well for the internationals even tho I could give less fucks about England NT in general. Chalobah's been one of my favorite youngsters coming through from the academy and I'm still holding onto the hopes we might see him as part of the Chelsea first team squad at some point in the future.

The Skipper likes this

21 minutes ago, Jype said:

Of course it affected his decision.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-southgate-wants-nathaniel-chalobah-10704702

That's an article from June suggesting that even then Southgate considered Chalobah an option for next summer's World Cup but only if he plays PL football every week this season.

Wishing him well for the internationals even tho I could give less fucks about England NT in general. Chalobah's been one of my favorite youngsters coming through from the academy and I'm still holding onto the hopes we might see him as part of the Chelsea first team squad at some point in the future.

Thanks. 

Had a good start at Watford, impressing their fans by all accounts and forming a good partnership with Doucoure. 

20 hours ago, ja1 said:

Had a good start at Watford, impressing their fans by all accounts and forming a good partnership with Doucoure. 

I have never been convinced by him and i believe he was massively overhyped because he's an academy boy but it seem's like he has found his level and will be a good PL standard midfielder around 8th to 12th place, happy for him.

Blusan Alamb likes this

On 9/11/2017 at 7:23 AM, ja1 said:

I watched him only once against Liverpool this season, I thought he was ok. He is very mobile and athletic (I think we all know that), need to improve on his distribution. 

Forget to add, it is better for him to play for watfor rather than staying in here where he is the 4th option. He need to play more to improve his ability. If he can do that, then he has chance to be bought back by us or move to bigger club

I think he'll prove a fair few Chelsea fans wrong who've written him off as average despite fitting in/not looking out of his depth for us. Sometimes too over critical due to the supposed risk of an unproven young player letting us down or this idea that a young player HAS to be world class to be 'Chelsea quality'.

His pathway has some similarities to Bertrand (loads of experience for England youth and in Football League, not given quite enough of a chance here, not a world class ceiling but clearly could be a squad player). Anyway, I also think he could well reach Bertrand's type of level, which is pretty good imo. Tbh Bertrand is a bit unlucky no big club has come back in for him.

i do agree he also needs starts to work on his ability and show it though, but then I also think it reflects on us due to poorly managed loans and not enough chances given in a season like last season that he had to be sold in a season he's turning 23 only for us to see he's potentially usable, if that makes sense.

BlueSunshine likes this