test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

15m Euros seems a fair bit of business, if true.

13m pounds for an 18 year old, who'll qualify as home grown when older. Seems like a better deal than the 13m(including add ons) Sunderland paid for Wickham.

15m Euros seems a fair bit of business, if true.

13m pounds for an 18 year old, who'll qualify as home grown when older. Seems like a better deal than the 13m(including add ons) Sunderland paid for Wickham.

will he still qualify as homegrown? thought they would have to play here for 3 years before they were 20. I may be very wrong though!

A player is regarded as home-grown if he has spent 36 months or more with a club associated with the English or Welsh FA before his 21st birthday - or the end of the season during which he turns 21.

Falcao is not coming...so bring Lukaku. Better than nothing.

Exactly my mind. To be honest I'd rather have Falcao or Aguero, but as you said that is better than nothing.

By the way, 15m€ is a fair price compared to the £20m which was announced some weeks ago.

There's nothing wrong with adding depth to the squad but why buy a player that has a similar output and to an extent a lesser technical ability to Sturridge?we should buy a striker but only if that striker is better than the ones we already have at our disposal

There's nothing wrong with adding depth to the squad but why buy a player that has a similar output and to an extent a lesser technical ability to Sturridge?we should buy a striker but only if that striker is better than the ones we already have at our disposal

Becaause he uses the same style that one of our greatest ever striker uses and at an age where he can adapt to a football league and still have a large amount of years left in the tank to be vital to the future of the club? Also for a striker that has European experience at only 18, and is a international starter.

Sturridge and Lukaku are completely different types of players, i may also add.

KingEssien likes this

Becaause he uses the same style that one of our greatest ever striker uses and at an age where he can adapt to a football league and still have a large amount of years left in the tank to be vital to the future of the club? Also for a striker that has European experience at only 18, and is a international starter.

Sturridge and Lukaku are completely different types of players, i may also add.

The bottomline is Lukaku is not a better player than sturridge. atleast for now

The bottomline is Lukaku is not a better player than sturridge. atleast for now

Yes, of course, because Sturridge is three/four years old so he is much further in development. But Lukaku has become a big fish in a small pond. We have decided to be the lake to transport him in, where he can grow bigger to be finally unleashed in the river. Probably not the best analogy but i hope it gets the point across.

Just incase it didn't. Lukaku has/is been playing in the Belgian League, which isn't really as competive nor s the like of Lal Liga or EPL. So when an a young kid like Lukaku can find it piss easy, it means he could potentially break into the next stage. Sturridge has been bred the EPL since Man Citeh days, Lukaku hasn't.

Similar output? I don't see Sturridge playing centrally in a 4-3-3 though. Lukaku would.

Great, looking very good now.. Anderlecht must have a break trough for Jovanovic and Mbokani, makes this deal alot easier for him..

They need to replace a player that scored 31 in 71, with Jova and Mbokani they could have found the right ones...

ZanSnake likes this

Would be great to sign him, but its going to be a mess upfront unless someone leaves...I don't expect him join and just rot in the reserves...