test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

C.R. will can suck @ cock in next years... anyone, who don't want new Drogba here? ^^

Anderlecht insist that starlet Romelu Lukaku remains committed to staying with them until he is 18.

Anderlecht, and his father Roger - a former player who also represents him - have stated for the last 12 months that Lukaku would not be moving until he finished his education next year.

"We have a very good relationship with Romelu's father, and he is as keen as we are for him to finish his schooling here," Anderlecht's general manager Herman van Holsbeech told the Daily Mail.

"He has another year to go, and that is another reason why we have no intention of selling him this summer.

"All parties agree it is in his best interests to continue as an Anderlecht player next season."

Lukaku has 18 months left on his current contract at the Constant Vanden Stock Stadion, but Belgian sources are convinced that Chelsea have already struck a deal with Anderlecht.

|| Story ||

Doesn't mean we can't sign him, but loan him back.. whistling.gif

Chelsea made to wait by Anderlecht in bid to sign Belgian wonderkid Romelu Lakaku

Chelsea face a further frustrating wait to sign Romelu Lukaku after it emerged they launched their pursuit of the teenage goalscoring sensation two years ago.

A move to Stamford Bridge looked imminent for one of Europe's most wanted prospects after he was pictured in a Chelsea shirt, during a visit to the club, and contacted by his boyhood hero Didier Drogba, who was given his number by a Belgium-based member of the Ivory Coast's World Cup backroom staff.

But Anderlecht are adamant they will win the latest tug-of-war with Chelsea for their 17-year old striker and that he will remain with them at least another 12 months.

Sportsmail can reveal Chelsea scouts were first alerted to the Antwerp-born discovery's rich promise towards the end of 2008 and wasted no time trying to convince him and his family that their Academy would be the perfect base for fulfilling his potential.

Lukaku's father Roger, a Congo-born former professional in the Belgian League, was promised every assistance in settling into new surroundings in London and finding employment, while Chelsea were also able to offer the powerfully-built front-runner the tempting prospect of having Drogba as a club-mate and mentor.

But Anderlecht responded by drawing up a three-year development programme, combining school studies with football training, that persuaded Lukaku's snr his son's best interests would be served by staying in Brussels.

Lukaku's final exams are still 12 months away, and Anderlecht officials believe his academic progress, allied to a stunning impact on the pitch last season when he scored 15 times in 25 league appearances for the champions, vindicates their stance.

His value has already soared to £10million and could well have risen still higher by the time Chelsea finally land him, after he signed a new contract until 2015 and prepared to spearhead Anderlecht's Champions' League campaign next season.

'We have a very good

relationship with Romelu's father, and he is as keen as we are for him to finish his schooling here,' said Anderlecht's general manager Herman Van Holsbeech.

'He has another year to go, and that is another reason why we have no intention of selling him this summer. All parties agree it is in his best interests to continue as an Anderlecht player next season.'

Lukaku, 6ft 4in and still growing, is being tipped to develop into another Drogba and must hope Chelsea either remain patient or try and agree a deal to sign him now and loan him back to Anderlecht for next season.

Source:Daily Mail

Don't really see the big deal,we can sign him and loan him to Anderlecht for 12 months.

Exacly just pay for him now then he can play in the Europa cup and get lots of expierence then he can come to the bridge and learn from dider like terry learned from marcel !

I would really like this to happen.

Lukaku loves Chelsea and I think we the fans could love him. Seems to be a true blue unlike J.Cole.

I think we are making a deal to buy now and laon him back so he can finish his school studies. He is too much of a talent to let gain the gazes of other big clubs and for him to sign for them because we were too late. Drogba would be a perfect mentor for him to develop into the same mold. Borini, Sturridge, Lukaku, Mitrovic = Perfect potential for the club.

Chelsea dont seem to be spending big, so Lukaku priced as he is, i've heard from 6 million to 12 million, seems to be a good target. Soooo we should defo sign and loan him back. We did it with Alex also, and that worked out well. We're also doing it with Rajkovic, and i hope for the same. And we're doing it with Kalas haha, boy we like loaning defenders dont we (mancienne also must be mentioned haha)

Chelsea dont seem to be spending big, so Lukaku priced as he is, i've heard from 6 million to 12 million, seems to be a good target. Soooo we should defo sign and loan him back. We did it with Alex also, and that worked out well. We're also doing it with Rajkovic, and i hope for the same. And we're doing it with Kalas haha, boy we like loaning defenders dont we (mancienne also must be mentioned haha)

We also bought and loaned Matej Delac

BomTrett likes this

If Aguero had been bought in January, he was also going to be loaned back to Atletico.

I think Lukaku is a great talent and I agree with Randall about a deal being in place already...like a pre-contract or something. I don't think Chelsea would be dumb enough to wait another season to officially sign him and let other top clubs sniff around for him.

I don't think Chelsea would be dumb enough to wait another season to officially sign him and let other top clubs sniff around for him.

Lol, i wouldn't bet on that....

He loves Chelsea, and there has been pictures of him wearing a Chelsea jersey... why would he want to go anywhere else??

He loves Chelsea, and there has been pictures of him wearing a Chelsea jersey... why would he want to go anywhere else??

Money.

This is one transfer where we have the advantage, the player actually has US as his preferred club. The only reason we wouldn't make the signing is if Carlo and the management do not want him..............

According to Marca, Mourinho want to sign Lukaku...

I hope it will not happen...

source : Marca

Wouldn't read too much into Marca. They link everyone with Madrid.