test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

SkySports are reporting the story today:

Didier Drogba has made contact with Belgian starlet Romelu Lukaku to try and convince him to move to Chelsea.

Since Chelsea first targeted Lukaku, his reputation has rocketed as he has become a firm fixture in Anderlecht's first team and finished the season with 15 goals to become the top scorer in the Jupiler League.

|| Story ||

I'm not entirely sure, but these are pics from last year when he was on a school trip to Stamford Bridge.

I remember reading something along these lines about a month ago but this can't be from last year cause he's wearing our new kits.

If that's not a statement I don't know what it is.Sign him up asap.

If that's not a statement I don't know what it is.Sign him up asap.

How many times have we said something on those lines in the last few months? whistling.gif

But it's true, the fact he's wearing the NEW kit means it's a recent picture. It proves he's a Chelsea fan and wants to play there. Hopefully it'll keep the likes of ManShitty away!

I'm not entirely sure, but these are pics from last year when he was on a school trip to Stamford Bridge.

Why's he got the new shirt on then?

Yeah i think the school trip was this year. He has Drogba on the back of that shirt. I like the sound of having Drogba and the 'new Drogba' waiting in the wings haha :) If he comes it's likely Franco Di Santo will leave but...oh well :whistling:

I just looked on wikipedia, on Romelu Lukaku's page, and it says current club Chelsea, number 35 ffs. I hate when people do that.

Yeah he was on a school trip, it was just a general publics tour that he was on, but he is a massive Chelsea fan and I am fully confident when the time comes he will choose Chelsea if we are in for him, he loves Chelsea and Drogba, I think that's the 2nd time he's been to Stamford bridge? His Facebook profile picture is apparently the one of him in a Chelsea shirt too.

i wouldn`t be in a rush to get rid of Di Santo..sure it`s currently looking a bit bleak for him...but i think we should atleast wait till the January window,give him a bit of time in a few pre-season games a few reserve games to try and build his confidence back up..and see where it goes..it`s not like he`s on a huge wage and prior to the loan to the 80`s style 2010 Blackburn Rovers..a lot of people had high hopes for him..i think his potential is worth a 6 month trial.

as for Lukaku..a match made in heaven...get him locked up a.s.a.p and if we gotta loan him back out to Anderlecht then so be it..but i wouldn`t be against signing him and getting him involved in the 1st team squad now...he may be a 17 year old but he is built and plays like someone a lot older and is atleast a lil proven already.

di santo will be leaving anyway, he's not good enough for chelsea.

I actually agree with you. He's not, but i still think hes better than blackburn, and only did bad there because they tried him as like a lone striker and he's not that sorta player.

Didier Drogba has made contact with Belgian starlet Romelu Lukaku to try and convince him to move to Chelsea.

Isn't that considered tapping up?

no i don`t think so..think about all the Barca players and Fabregas for example...it only seems to apply to employers,rather than employees

I think you have to discuss contract terms in order for it to be tapping up or an some kind of reward based convincing by the person who is supplying a contract. With Drogba its just like a player giving advice or a friend. Nothing sinister tosee here.

Of course Drogba wants him here, it just gives him an extended career at chelsea considering his age. As far as Drogba is concerned the more younger signing's the better. It will be a while until anyone of that age will replace him.

Of course Drogba wants him here, it just gives him an extended career at chelsea considering his age. As far as Drogba is concerned the more younger signing's the better. It will be a while until anyone of that age will replace him.

I can envisage Drog giving us 4more good years ,,he is like a heavyweight boxer and some of those go on forever