test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

Well look at their financial state now. Manchester United like to spend big, £30 million for Rooney back then was a ridiculous sum, they're lucky it paid off. Meanwhile they signed Berbatov for £20million and look what's going on with him.

We really should not spend so much on a 17 year old.

yeah yeah, nothing we can do but I wont be sad if we get this kid. Btw Berbatov was bought for £30m eyebrows.gif

This would be fantastic. Although I'm not sure Sturridge and Borini would be happy.

He is so different to what sturridge and Borini, that i doubt it would make a difference to them. I want us to preserve our "boring" effective football lol. This boy would provide an out let to hold the ball up like Drogba and players like josh and kakuta can join him up the pitch, like what Lampard and Malouda do for Drogba now. He is an absolute monster in the air and he has a wicked left foot he is also really strong. He bullies defenders like what Drogba does for us now, he is also still growing so the potential is amazing. We don't have an out standing target man in our youth ranks, we have very skillful midfielders but we lack a strong target man, this kid is on a different level to what di santo is by the way.

Btw Berbatov was bought for £30m eyebrows.gif

Haha yeah I just realised my mistake, not that we can laugh, what with the whole Shevchenko debacle whistling.gif

I would!! £20million for a teenager?! We've only ever paid for 5 players who cost £20million +

Shevchenko - £30.8 million

Essein - £24.4 million

Drogba - £24 million

Wright-Phillips - £21 million

To pay £20million for a 17-year old would be ridiculous! According to Wikipedia, Lukaku's record is 19Goals in 46Appearances hardly £20million material.

it would be a gamble for sure..but with a high reward when you consider a 17 year old with that production in professional football...but that is how the other big clubs in europe ended up with their young superstars..how Milan got Pato,how little PSG got a young Ronaldinho,Atletico got Aguero etc..by taking a gamble.

we could always sit on our hands and wait till he`s proven elsewhere and then try and get him off Barca or Milan for 50mill in a few years time..or worse..he`ll go to Bayern where we won`t even get him for 60mill.

or we could jump in early and take a calculated risk..Belgium has some cracking youngsters at the moment and they are not going cheaply..fellieni (sic?) went to Everton for 15 mill and he just sells wigs and just basically somebody who should only come on the field for corners and free kicks. let alone be somebody who at 17 can lead an attack.

i`d rather pay 20 mill for him than the 21 we paid for SWP or 30.8 for a 30 year old. even if he had moderate success with us..at say 21 or 22 we could still recoup most of that 20 mill.

Didier didn`t make a first team till he was 20, then in 4 years at Le Mans he scored 12 goals in 48 games..then at Guingamp he scored 20 goals in 45 games..the season his performances caught Jose`s attention from he scored 19 goals in 35 appearances for Marseille at the age of 26. (as you quoted Wikipedia..i thought i`d do the same..):eyebrows:

£20 million is definitely alot of money for a 17 year old who we've only really see play in the Belgian first division, impressively none the less, but think it may be worth it in the long run to snap him up before any other big club does, he definitely has some 'Dider-esque' qualities about him. Also as he's only 17, within a few years he would count as a 'home-grown player'

@ Badboy maybe Marko mitrovic

Borini and sturridge have both been playing for the reserves this season so marko has not had the chances to play for the reserves. Im very skeptical of target men that do well in the youth team, as not everyone in the youth team has developed physicality at all.

performances caught Jose`s attention from he scored 19 goals in 35 appearances for Marseille at the age of 26. (as you quoted Wikipedia..i thought i`d do the same..):eyebrows:

Haha touché! I do see your point though, but I hope Chelsea take this decision very carefully if they do. Abramovich will not be happy if we blow an enormous sum on a hyped up a player who does not perform..

coughShevchenkocough whistling.gif

Borini and sturridge have both been playing for the reserves this season so marko has not had the chances to play for the reserves. Im very skeptical of target men that do well in the youth team, as not everyone in the youth team has developed physicality at all.

You are right he is only been playing at youth, but he seems impressive, he looks to me like real goal maschine. If you look at Bruma or Clifford, you will see how strong they are, theese two are really muscular.

£20 million is definitely alot of money for a 17 year old who we've only really see play in the Belgian first division, impressively none the less, but think it may be worth it in the long run to snap him up before any other big club does, he definitely has some 'Dider-esque' qualities about him. Also as he's only 17, within a few years he would count as a 'home-grown player'

Well he scored 4 goals in 11 apps in UEFA league so he has some big cup experience. He already played 2 games for his national team and was the best scorer in 09/10 Belgian league where his team (Anderlecht) won the title. I think he would be a perfect signing and I think we should go for him at any price.

the boy got talent. say a younger version of DD. Buy and loan for a season would be good as he is yet to turn 18. last year, the dad said he wanted his son to turn 18 before going anywhere.

Well he scored 4 goals in 11 apps in UEFA league so he has some big cup experience. He already played 2 games for his national team and was the best scorer in 09/10 Belgian league where his team (Anderlecht) won the title. I think he would be a perfect signing and I think we should go for him at any price.

Haha at the end of that video, the last goal he scores, when he celebrates he does drogbas celebration for a couple seconds, i think it suits him!

Last I heard , Lukaku has re-signed a new contract with Anderlecht until 2015. Looks like his dad has a big influence on him , urging him to finish his basic education instead of committing entirely to football and is rejecting calls from scouts and managers everywhere . Also remember reading he has an option of reviewing the contract in the last two years, or come 2013 , if there's an offer made and Romelu likes the whiff of it, he could very much leave .

Also , this was posted elsewhere , couldn't resist . Lukaku during a school trip to the Bridge .

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af208/sambdas/lukakuschoolreis3.jpg

http://i1008.photobu...schoolreis2.jpg

Have always said i would love to see this guy in the ranks of Chelsea. Borini, Sturridge and Lukaku would make us make the right step into the future. I think to buy him and then loan him back is the best way, just like Kalas.

buy him and loan him back for sure at 17 could loan him back for 2 seasons,if needs be..Anderlecht in this seasons champions league etc... wonder what would happen if we played Anderlecht then tho?

i know the premiership rule regarding players on loan at other premiership clubs..don`t know if that applies to the Champions league....am thinking too far ahead i know,need to sign him first.

I think there is every chance of us signing him. As has already been mentioned it would be a good idea if we got the deal done and then loaned him back to them him develop a bit more there. Looks to be a top talent and seems very keen on the idea of a move to Chelsea and to work with Drogba in particular.

Do we even need to buy and loan back? I mean usually that's so someone else doesn't snap him up but this kids heart is set on Chelsea so if he knows we're going to sign him after he's finished school do we need that kind of agreement? I'd prefer it so then it's definite but I think this kid will choose Chelsea over anyone.

Do we even need to buy and loan back? I mean usually that's so someone else doesn't snap him up but this kids heart is set on Chelsea so if he knows we're going to sign him after he's finished school do we need that kind of agreement? I'd prefer it so then it's definite but I think this kid will choose Chelsea over anyone.