test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

Lukaku is a wonderkid because he is 17 and has big muscles, and can chalenge big defenders...but lets remember, that this is football, not rugby, american football, wrestling nor MMA.

In Premier League we have lots of this big guys, but that are not good enough to play in top clubs ( Heskey?). Lukaku's buzz is only because he is a teenager with a bodyduilder's body. Hope he will end up in another club.

Lukaku is a wonderkid because he is 17 and has big muscles, and can chalenge big defenders...but lets remember, that this is football, not rugby, american football, wrestling nor MMA.

In Premier League we have lots of this big guys, but that are not good enough to play in top clubs ( Heskey?). Lukaku's buzz is only because he is a teenager with a bodyduilder's body. Hope he will end up in another club.

Henrique I get the impression that you want a specific type of striker at Chelsea. You seem to dislike Drogba and players of his kind*.

*Although I think you have completely ignored some of Drogba's excellent technical skills and just view him as some sort of battering ram.

Drogba needs to bring him to Chelsea, but dont forget that Jose is the only person who could talk Romelu out of coming to us. He has so much ammunition and knowledge about this club, that he could very easily cripple our chances for his signature. So there you have it, its either Real or Chelsea for Lukaku. I feel that if we make a strong case, he will join us, but how smooth is our board?

Basically it's down to how much Lukaku really loves this club, and how much he idolizes Drogba.

Otherwise, he would be on his way to Madrid.

I get your point, especially in reference to how Heskey's career has pinned out. But do remember, Lukaku has something Heskey doesn't, an accurate and powerful finish. If Drogba plays a proper role model to him, then Lukaku can turn into a 17-year old Drogba, someone who tracks back, plays delightful crosses into the box & contributes all round the pitch (not just in attack).. The fact he's 17 can work in our favour because we could still mould him into what we want from a striker of this calibre.

Sadly, making young players better hasn't exactly been one of Chelsea's strenghts... (understatement).

Pretty strange when you think about the fact that we have a lot of experienced players youngsters can learn from.

If Chelsea were to buy Lukaku, i think it would be best to loan him to another club with a great environment for young players. Like a Dutch club, where his technique, passing and team-play will grow since it's important part of the Dutch philosophy.

Henrique I get the impression that you want a specific type of striker at Chelsea. You seem to dislike Drogba and players of his kind*.

*Although I think you have completely ignored some of Drogba's excellent technical skills and just view him as some sort of battering ram.

No. Drogba is good. Not superb, but good. But he never was the striker of my dreams, and now people are looking for a new Drogba...cmon guys, he will have only more six months at this clubs, or maybe 18 months. After that lets try to look forward. Lets try to play a more modern football...we dont need a tank in the atack to win trophies.

No. Drogba is good. Not superb, but good. But he never was the striker of my dreams, and now people are looking for a new Drogba...cmon guys, he will have only more six months at this clubs, or maybe 18 months. After that lets try to look forward. Lets try to play a more modern football...we dont need a tank in the atack to win trophies.

Do you think a guy like Neymar would be more likely to make it at Chelsea (or an other english team) than Lukaku ?

Do you think a guy like Neymar would be more likely to make it at Chelsea (or an other english team) than Lukaku ?

lol, I dont think brow, Im absolutly sure, Messi just hummiliated us at Stanford Bridge when he was 18 years old, and really small, in 2006 in a Champions League match. You dont have to be King Kong to do good things in Premier League ( Zola?).

and how can Lukaku be the future of Chelsea when hes not even here, and probably will never be here ?

It's sad that you really underestimate Drogba.

lol, I dont think brow, Im absolutly sure, Messi just hummiliated us at Stanford Bridge when he was 18 years old, and really small, in 2006 in a Champions League match. You dont have to be King Kong to do good things in Premier League ( Zola?).

and how can Lukaku be the future of Chelsea when hes not even here, and probably will never be here ?

Neymar is nowehere near as good as Messi was back then. Nowhere near. Messi is a phenomenon, Neymar is just a good young player.

Neymar is nowehere near as good as Messi was back then. Nowhere near. Messi is a phenomenon, Neymar is just a good young player.

He is Brazilian though rolleyes.gif

Lol, I'm agree with you on this point. Beside, I prefere the small players to the 'tanks'. Though I believe we should have a 'tank' within our squad, at least on the bench... Even if he isn't a world class player. Because in my opinion it's always good to have the possibility to change our way of playing during the game. Look at Spain at the World Cup, I remember that sometime they were struggling with their classic playing style, and when Del Bosquet gave a run to Lliorente, things have radically changed (I don't remeber what game it was...).

It's why I find Lukaku's profile interesting...

Madmax likes this

Lol, I'm agree with you on this point. Beside, I prefere the small players to the 'tanks'. Though I believe we should have a 'tank' within our squad, at least on the bench... Even if he isn't a world class player. Because in my opinion it's always good to have the possibility to change our way of playing during the game. Look at Spain at the World Cup, I remember that sometime they were struggling with their classic playing style, and when Del Bosquet gave a run to Lliorente, things have radically changed (I don't remeber what game it was...).

It's why I find Lukaku's profile interesting...

That would be a good buy whistling.gif.

It's sad that you really underestimate Drogba.

I never said Neymar was as good as Messi. I just said that Messi is a small guy. He is not strong, and was even more small at that time. The argument used to say that Lukaku can do more things at Chelsea than Neymar, is that the european is stronger. Stupid.

And Madmax, linsten to this. Im from Brazil, but Im the kind of guy who just hate who mix nationalism and sports. Thats why I always tried to suport the brazilian national team, but never got that, because most part of brazilians are arrogant about their football. I didnt supported the brazilian team in this World Cup because when they left, they said that they were sure to get back with that fucking trophy. I just hate those american guys who put their national flag in the movies, in the album´s cover...and just hate that kind of nationalism. I dont support a guy because he is from Brazil. Felipe Massa is an awful driver, I prefer to support Hamilton or Vettel. I support the brazilian mem volleyball team, but in the women volleyball I support Russia.

So stop with that kind of stupid thing. I dont think that Neymar is good because he is a fucking brazilian, that was a born in a state that I dont even like, and is a player of a team that I dont even support.

And Madmax, linsten to this. Im from Brazil, but Im the kind of guy who just hate who mix nationalism and sports. Thats why I always tried to suport the brazilian national team, but never got that, because most part of brazilians are arrogant about their football. I didnt supported the brazilian team in this World Cup because when they left, they said that they were sure to get back with that fucking trophy. I just hate those american guys who put their national flag in the movies, in the album´s cover...and just hate that kind of nationalism. I dont support a guy because he is from Brazil. Felipe Massa is an awful driver, I prefer to support Hamilton or Vettel. I support the brazilian mem volleyball team, but in the women volleyball I support Russia.

So stop with that kind of stupid thing. I dont think that Neymar is good because he is a fucking brazilian, that was a born in a state that I dont even like, and is a player of a team that I dont even support.

LOL chill out, I never said you support him over Lukaku because of shared nationality. Don't assume ...

P.S. I love you :)

LOL chill out, I never said you support him over Lukaku because of shared nationality. Don't assume ...

P.S. I love you :)

Im losing the love that I have for you.