test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

Is this topic about Lukaku or Lionel Messi? Some people need to calm down. Danny Cadamarteri scored goals at 17, in a far better league than the one Lukaku is in. Means nothing yet.

Lukaku scored 28 goals in 68 games, has asisted 8. At 17 he has played 7 times for Belgium.

Danny Cadamerteri scored 8 goals in 92 games, in a six seasons, and has never played for the England team.

In two seasons, Lukaku has 28 goals, and in his whole career thus far, Cadamarteri has scored 37.

37 goals in 323 games.

Stats huh? Can be a bitch sometimes.

I just hope Lukaku really means what he says about his love for Chelsea, it would be a huge shame to miss out on such a player if someone like Madrid gets him.

Buy in Jan, and loan back for the remainder of the season to Anderlecht?

Would be the best option.

Madmax and Rambo like this

Lukaku scored 28 goals in 68 games, has asisted 8. At 17 he has played 7 times for Belgium.

Danny Cadamerteri scored 8 goals in 92 games, in a six seasons, and has never played for the England team.

In two seasons, Lukaku has 28 goals, and in his whole career thus far, Cadamarteri has scored 37.

Kinda missing the point. The Belgian league isn't exactly the measure of quality for a start is it? Aren't Anderlecht the team that hadn't got a point (or a goal?) in about 25 Champions League matches?

All I'm saying is, don't get carried away. There's a guy at Middlesbrough who scored 46 in 15 games or something at his first club. Doesn't mean squat. Lukaku might turn out to be the dogs bollocks, I'm just not going to get carried away quite yet.

Kinda missing the point. The Belgian league isn't exactly the measure of quality for a start is it? Aren't Anderlecht the team that hadn't got a point (or a goal?) in about 25 Champions League matches?

All I'm saying is, don't get carried away. There's a guy at Middlesbrough who scored 46 in 15 games or something at his first club. Doesn't mean squat. Lukaku might turn out to be the dogs bollocks, I'm just not going to get carried away quite yet.

Yes but surely, he has adaptability?

I was saying that in 6 seasons in our top division, Cada didn't even meet nor come as near as Lukaku who scored so many in two years. So i think it's better to get him while he is younger (now) then in the future, also the fact that other teams like Real are after him should show how big of a prospect he is.

The fact is that he is playing in his countries top division and doing a job job at that as well as scoring in the European campaign, beit that it was only in the play-offs but in all three games Lukaku scored (or scored 3 goals making his average to be 1 goal per game).

Agent drops Lukaku hint

Romelu Lukaku's agent believes an English side will win the race to sign the coveted Anderlecht striker.

The 17-year-old Belgium international is a target for many of Europe's top clubs, with Juventus and AC Milan linked with the forward.

But Lukaku's agent Christophe Henrotay says English clubs are trying much harder to sign the teenager, with Chelsea thought to be leading the chase.

Henrotay told calciomercatoweb: "I know Juventus and Milan like the player, but only indirectly.

"At the moment I have not received any signal they want to pursue the matter.

More determination

"In England, instead, I have direct contact with several clubs which have shown more determination about the player.

"However, we aren't yet at the stage of real negotiations and formal offers to Anderlecht.

"They are an ambitious club and it will be a difficult decision to deprive themselves in January of one of their best players."

This must be us?

He is a must buy for me,

He is young and has already gotten European games under him. Sign him in January as well as a midfeilder and we would be alright till the summer where we will see Hilario, Ferreira and hopefully Turnbull go and will be replaced by Begovic and Delac.

Agent drops Lukaku hint

"However, we aren't yet at the stage of real negotiations and formal offers to Anderlecht."

This must be us?

That's not true according to Anderlecht's president and if I had to pick someone to trust that certainly wouldn't be an agent.

For the record I doubt that there will be any moves for Lukaku from our side during January, we might finalize a deal early in the summer though.

'There are only about 15 clubs around the world who can afford to pay for him,' said Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck.

'But if a club comes here with €20m (£16.7m), they will return from empty-handed. We want more for Lukaku, much more.'

Despite the interest in Lukaku, who has been compared to Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, Van Holsbeeck has not given up hope of keeping him.

He added: 'The player has indicated he wants to stay in January. We will discuss it again in the summer but our attitude is certainly not to take the money and run.

'It's not unthinkable that Romelu will continue playing for us for some more years.'

'There are only about 15 clubs around the world who can afford to pay for him,' said Anderlecht general manager Herman van Holsbeeck.

'But if a club comes here with €20m (£16.7m), they will return from empty-handed. We want more for Lukaku, much more.'

Despite the interest in Lukaku, who has been compared to Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, Van Holsbeeck has not given up hope of keeping him.

He added: 'The player has indicated he wants to stay in January. We will discuss it again in the summer but our attitude is certainly not to take the money and run.

'It's not unthinkable that Romelu will continue playing for us for some more years.'

I thought he was free agent the next summer :doh:

At least, Arsenal won't try to buy him, unless if Wenger goes crazy lol.

If we fuck this up .... shoot.gif

You know what, I see us doing that very thing :lol:

I hope the general manager isn't serious about a £20million + bid. Abramovic will not fork out so much on a 17-year old.

If we don't get this guy after all he has said about wanting to join us then we might as well fucking give up in the transfer market. I cant be bothered seeing Lukaku scoring for another club and becoming a world class target man like Drogba. We did this with the Pato transfer saga, we just hesitated and Milan took the chance and it worked.

If we don't get this guy after all he has said about wanting to join us then we might as well fucking give up in the transfer market. I cant be bothered seeing Lukaku scoring for another club and becoming a world class target man like Drogba. We did this with the Pato transfer saga, we just hesitated and Milan took the chance and it worked.

Well he going to stay in Belgium for another year -btw he's a brother , 16, Jordan Lukaku, at the same club who is also the dogs bollox.....

Well he going to stay in Belgium for another year -btw he's a brother , 16, Jordan Lukaku, at the same club who is also the dogs bollox.....

Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku will disappoint a host of Premier League clubs by committing his short-term future to the Belgian champions.

The 17-year-old has been strongly linked with Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United in recent months, as well as Spanish giants Real Madrid.

But BBC Sport understands Lukaku, who was the Belgian league's top scorer last season, will not move in January.

He has already scored 13 goals this term with Anderlecht top of the league.

Lukaku burst on to the scene last year as a 16-year-old in Belgium, scoring 15 league goals as Anderlecht cruised to the Jupiler League title.

Lukaku has been constantly linked with a move to either the Premier League or La Liga in Spain, but at a pre-arranged news conference in Brussels on Thursday he is expected to reiterate his desire to stay at Anderlecht at least until the end of this season.