test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea

Started by the wes,

2,347 posts in this topic

Chelsea are also leading the chase for wonderkid Romelu Lukaku.

The 6ft 3in Anderlecht striker has banged in six goals in 14 games for the Belgian club.

And he has already attracted interest from AC Milan, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Lukaku was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge last summer but decided to remain with Anderlecht in a bid to further his development.

And the 16-year-old striker, who has already been dubbed the 'New Didier Drogba' could make the switch to west London in the New Year should the Blues come calling.

The young powerhouse is under contract in Brussels until 2012.

Newsoftheworld

Only 16 years old still??? Sounds like he is a talent. There is certainly the space for us to bring another striker into our youth setup...

He scored more goals than he played matches in his youth career: 68 goals in 68 matches with FC Brussels and 121 goals in 88 matches with Anderlecht.[4] Even though he was only 15 years of age, Lukaku managed to score 26 goals in 17 matches against players 4 years older.

Lol, where did you find that statistics ;)! Looks like a very composed player, i seem more comparisons with Adebayor then with Drogs tbh (since he has been called 'the new drogba'..)

Chelsea have made a new offer for Anderlecht star Romelu Lukaku.

The Daily Mail says scouts from Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, AC Milan and Barcelona have beat a path to Anderlecht since the start of the season to watch the teenager.

And in Brussels last week it was reported that Chelsea have offered Anderlecht €10million and a one-year loan-back agreement.

This was described at Anderlecht’s Stade Constant Vanden Stock onFriday night as "an informal offer", the sort of conversation thatbegins: "What about if we . . . ?"

Anderlecht immediately turned down the approach.

The Daily Mail

DIDIER Drogba has urged Anderlecht teen sensation Romelu Lukaku to join him at Chelsea.

The young Belgian attacker models his game on the Ivory Coast skipper and it has been revealed that contact has already been made between the two strikers.

Nicolas Cornu, a press spokesman for the Belgian Football Association, asked Drogba about Lukaku during the World Cup finals in South Africa.

"Yes, I've even called him," Drogba told Cornu.

"I got his phone number from Vincent Kompany.

"I told him - you have to sign for Chelsea."

Lukaku, 17, is rated as one of the most talented centre-forwards of his age group in the world and is already a member of the Belgium senior squad.

News of the world

If we get this kid im going to scream of joy. He has perfect target man qualities and he is a brilliant finisher, we could have him for the next 15 years hahahahaha.

i think to get him we would probably have to beat the world record fee for a teenager..(not sure exactly how much that is) but i`m guessing around 20 mill...

i wouldn`t complain if we paid that for him..if we want to play with the lone striker in the future with attacking midfielders just behind him..i don`t think theres a better prospect for that role in world football..infact i don`t think there`s a teenager even close to him.

i have yet to see anyone anyway..

but i`m guessing around 20 mill... i wouldn`t complain if we paid that for him..

I would!! £20million for a teenager?! We've only ever paid for 5 players who cost £20million +

Shevchenko - £30.8 million

Essein - £24.4 million

Drogba - £24 million

Wright-Phillips - £21 million

To pay £20million for a 17-year old would be ridiculous! According to Wikipedia, Lukaku's record is 19Goals in 46Appearances hardly £20million material.

To pay £20million for a 17-year old would be ridiculous! According to Wikipedia, Lukaku's record is 19Goals in 46Appearances hardly £20million material.

Hrmmm... Rooney scored like 15 goals in 67 appearances at Everton, so what's the big problem? Rooney costed £30m. moaning.gif

Hrmmm... Rooney scored like 15 goals in 67 appearances at Everton, so what's the big problem? Rooney costed £30m. moaning.gif

Well look at their financial state now. Manchester United like to spend big, £30 million for Rooney back then was a ridiculous sum, they're lucky it paid off. Meanwhile they signed Berbatov for £20million and look what's going on with him.

We really should not spend so much on a 17 year old.