blueboy9

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't figure out cricket.... help me

Its a 11 vs 11 game where two batsmen are out in the middle at a time against 11 from the opposition side who bowl and field.

Each Over that a bowler bowls consists of 6 balls. And for every 22 yards of the pitch the two batsmen together cover by running at the opposite end of the pitch counts for 1 run. A Home Run is counted as SIXER but if the ball bounces before the boundary line and then crosses it thats a FOUR.

The game is in 3 formats.

TESTS: Goes on for 5 Days. PURISTS LOVE IT. Its the ultimate duel between a bat and a ball. But you have to have patience to watch it.

One Day International: 50 Over(6Balls = 1 OVer) Game. Team batting second needs to score one more than the team that batted first in 50 overs.(Both teams get 50 overs)

20-20: Carnival Cricket......PURISTS HATE IT. Its a 20 over format, similar to One Day Internationals but 20 overs for each teams. Its Slam Bam Cricket. Not Boring at all....

Oh...and in cricket when you Hit the Ball and Run...You carry your bat along not throw it. ;)

Is the News Of the World allowed to offer bribes to players? Surely it cant be legal to offer players money to bowl no balls which later affected the final score of the match. The players will rightly get in trouble now but i still dont think the papers should be doing that. They also fucked it up for John Higgins a few months back, cunts. They printed all that crap about John Terry after he had his injuction revoked, now today another player has a injuction granted. I hope this one gets revoked as its not fair only hapening to John.

Im really appalled right now, still cant come to terms with the match-fixing scandal.

An interesting article if anyones interested, to show how these players were more then sports-men to everyone here in Pakistan, http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/1309/aamer-asif-how-could-you/ .

It was maybe an act of desperation; maybe some monetary incentive for the players to aid their families back home in light of the floods?

Absolutely silly reason....These players get paid heavily.

It baffles me to see Pakistan in such a mess. This country cannot host Cricket matches, Cricket is in dire straits. Countries offer to host them and they end up in a match fixing controversy.

Mohammad Asif is a Thick skinned moron. Such a wonderful bowler he has always been on the wrong side of the law. And I am not surprised he is involved in this.

What pains to see is an 18 yr massively talented bowler like Amir is involved in it. He has an entire career ahead of him and has the potential to be one of the greats and he gets himself involved in this.

Absolutely silly reason....These players get paid heavily.

It baffles me to see Pakistan in such a mess. This country cannot host Cricket matches, Cricket is in dire straits. Countries offer to host them and they end up in a match fixing controversy.

Mohammad Asif is a Thick skinned moron. Such a wonderful bowler he has always been on the wrong side of the law. And I am not surprised he is involved in this.

What pains to see is an 18 yr massively talented bowler like Amir is involved in it. He has an entire career ahead of him and has the potential to be one of the greats and he gets himself involved in this.

feel so sorry for the Pakistani cricket lovers ..they deservr much better than this

Boy thing are never dull in Pakistan cricket. This time it has come out in the open, but the murmurs about match-fixing had been around since their Australian tour a while back. Absolutely shameful, this. As if the game didn't have enough troubles already. Life bans for all involved, I reckon.

The trio are dropped for the limited overs leg of the tour. Or they 'voluntarily opted out' as their envoy claims . What a disgrace. You'd think the video and the pics are enough evidence to put them away for life.

Australia announced a strong squad for the Indian tour, should be a real treat. I'm disappointed with the timing of the tour though, foreign teams should be made to our India in the extremely hot months of April and May, just gotta make use of home conditions to the maximum. No point calling them over in September when it's the onset of winter here and the temperatures are quite comfortable at 20-22 degrees.

• 4 weeks later...