Daniel Alves

DavidEU

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whats the go now Paulo has signed on for a few more years & Belletti playing well?

Will Avril still go in for him?.... Do we need to go in for him? :huh:

I would say yes, only because if you look at the quality of Alves compared to Ferreira and Belletti then Alves in on another level and that is what we need to be looking for in our team.

Sevilla fullback Daniel Alves has put Premiership clubs on notice. "I know the only thing that can happen is that I will leave Sevilla," said the Brazilian. "I would like to continue to grow, but what I want is to do this by mutual agreement among everyone and to leave through the front door."

Chelsea have been long admirers of Alves, however the Sevilla defender was also watched by a high-ranking Manchester United scout last weekend.

tribalfootball.com

I don't get our fullbacks. Each one is awesome at one thing but shite at the other. IE I wouldn't feel comfortable with Belletti and Bridge at fullback if we were playing against Ronaldinho and Messi, but I wouldn't feel we would get any impetus from the defence when attacking if we played Ashley and Paulo. Alves solves that problem, partially.

• 2 weeks later...

Sevilla fullback Daniel Alves has declared he's ready to leave in the summer. Chelsea and Tottenham have been linked with the Brazil international, who was also watched by Manchester United chief scout Martin Ferguson last month.

Alves remains upset at missing out on a move to Chelsea last August and said: "I think it will be difficult for that train last year to come round again. But I'm sure there'll be other trains passing that will be good for me.

"The president has his opinion and I have mine. I believe the price he demanded was too much for a wing-back. The president has always said no player is essential."

tribalfootball.com

• 1 month later...

Sevilla star Daniel Alves has admitted he would love to move to Barcelona – but says he would not rule out the chance to join Milan, Chelsea or Real Madrid.

Alves, who can play at right back or on the right wing, has been linked to some of Europe's top clubs for some time now, and may have joined Chelsea last summer had the clubs been able to agree a fee.

The 24-year-old says he has already told Sevilla that he wants to progress by moving on to a bigger club this summer and that his transfer will be beneficial for all involved.

And while he is keeping his options open, he has revealed that Barcelona would be his first choice.

“To move to Barca would be wonderful, but they would have to reach an agreement with Sevilla first,” he told El Nou Esportiu.

“It would be enthralling to wear the Barca shirt, but other great clubs like Milan, Chelsea and Madrid are also good destinations.”

But Alves maintains that a move to another Spanish club would be ideal as in Italy and England he would need to start again.

And it is Barca that truly appeals to the Brazil international.

“Barcelona are one of the few teams that always play to win,” he said. “They are spectacular, with players of unique talent.”

• 11 months later...

Chelsea are chasing Barcelona's star fullback Daniel Alves.

The Mirror says the Blues will be major players in the transfer market this summer and top-level talks are underway to land prime target Alves – at the second attempt.

The 25-year-old attacking right- back quit Sevilla to join Barca in July. Abramovich lost out and was also reluctant to join in an auction that reached £25million for Alves.

But Chelsea’s Russian ruler has regained his enthusiasm and has aides working on landing the classy defender.

Sources in Barcelona reveal that both Chelsea and – inevitably – Manchester City have been keen to sound out exactly how ‘available’ Alves might be and how much he fancies a future in the Premier League.

Insiders close to the South American say he would prefer to relocate to London.

Why chase daniel alves bosingwa is doing a brilliant job at Chelsea :blink:

Why chase daniel alves bosingwa is doing a brilliant job at Chelsea :blink:

Well i guess the idea is to have Bosingwa and Alves, which would be nice. Ferreira and Belletti will more than likely leave in the summer, and it isn't ideal ot use Ivanovic or Mancienne as cover because they are natural centre backs.

I think Bosingwa has done well but not that well, in fairness its his firt season in England and he has much to learn but he is still quite young. I think Alves is a superb player but cant see why we would want both, one would have to sit bench, Alves would cost about 25 mil so that means we will have two right backs totalling over 40 mil, justr doenst make sense.

Barcelona fullback Daniel Alves has denied reports he's keen on a move to England.

The Brazil international has been a key figure in Barca's impressive campaign since moving from Sevilla last summer.

His performances have reportedly again caught the attention of Chelsea, who tried to buy him in 2007, and the Blues have been linked with an offer of around 27 million euros.

However, Alves' media representatives released a statement claiming the 25-year-old right-back intends to see out the remainder of his contract at the Nou Camp.

"Daniel Alves knows about the interest of the London club today through the article in the ... tabloid," the statement added.

"A denial is important in order to not give the wrong impression on this matter."

Alves has a four-year contract at Barca which includes a release clause of 90 million euros.

• 10 months later...

Some interesting news/speculation/rumours or whatever you want to call it. Alves to Chelsea this summer?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1249852/30m-Dani-Alves-Chelsea-radar-Blues-ready-exploit-Barcelona-bid-Arsenal-captain-Cesc-Fabregas.html

I dunno about this, we don't need to splash £30m on Alves. We have got Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Ferreira who I am happy with. And even a few others that can or could play his position like Belleti or Zhirkov. He is a good player but I don't think we need him, what about everyone else?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You