Daniel Alves

DavidEU

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do plan to go for him it would probably see the end of Ferreira or Belletti.

I have to say that Belletti has impressed me, he's good going forward, and has a lot of experience. He's had a few dodgy performances lately, but to pick one over the other would be a tough decision.

Wasn't this rumour around for ages? He didn't sign for us,he stayed at Sevilla....i think we don't really need him at the moment.

He didnt want to stay, he wanted the move. Then Madrid became involved and the price got hiked up as Sevilla were being greedy bastards. Then we pulled out of the deal as the price was way off the mark, Madrid signed someone else and Sevilla were left with an unhappy player and the fans were gonna linch him ;)

Apparently Spurs are after him ( Ramos wants to buy him and Kanoute). so we'll see what happens

:D

I really like Belletti but obviously age plays a part so Alves would be a good option for the longer term. Without a doubt Sevilla treated him like shit around the move and we were spot on refusing to play the game. The good thing is, we've got the position covered for now so Sevilla wont have as much to bargain with second time round.

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido won't shut the door on Chelsea trying again for star fullback Daniel Alves. Blues owner Roman Abramovich is expected to make a new approach for the Brazil international after being priced out of a deal in the final week of the summer market.

Del Nido said: "We are open to everything. I am not going to consider an auction, but if a crazy offer arrives, we will study it.

"For now, there's been no offers for our players."

Source: Tribal Football

• 2 months later...

Sevilla president Jose Maria del Nido insists the club would only swap Daniel Alves for Lionel Messi if Barcelona paid an additional 30million euros.

Alves was strongly linked with a move to Chelsea last season, while Real Madrid are also thought to be keen on the attacking full-back.

A number of clubs are understood to be ready to test Sevilla's resolve again this summer and Barcelona have been rumoured to be favourites to land the Brazilian.

However, Del Nido has labelled Alves the 'best player in Spain' and is adamant he would only agree to a hypothetical swap deal for Barcelona star Messi if the Catalan club paid an additional 30m euros (£22m).

When asked if he would swap Alves, Del Nido told reporters: "For absolutely nobody. For Messi and for £30million euros. Alves is the best player in the league now.

"We have to be careful and be open. But I guarantee you that if Sevilla do not want to sell, then we will not sell."

Lol bold talking there. If you read between the line though he is actually saying "We will sell for 30 million Euros"..... for the right price they will sell.

We should have paid what they wanted in the summer, outstanding player.

Daniel Alves admits he doesn't want to spend his career at Sevilla.

A target for Barcelona, the Brazil international fullback said: "Sevilla is in a delicate phase in the Liga and now we are going to play in the final round of the Champions League. Everyone needs goals in their work.

"However, I have not planned to spend the rest of my life in Seville, but it's been an honor to play for this club."

Daniel Alves has revealed that he wishes to leave Sevilla as soon as possible.

The Brazilian international was strongly linked with a move to Chelsea last summer; however a switch failed to materialise.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are also thought to be keen on the attacking full-back, while Alves' former manager Juande Ramos - now in charge of Tottenham - has been linked with a swoop.

And the 24-year-old, who joined Sevilla in 2003 from Bahia, has explained that he is looking to move in order to further his career.

DanielAlves_564539.jpg

"I want to leave Sevilla by the nearest exit," he said in the Daily Star.

"I believe I deserve it. I don't want to leave the club, to which I owe everything, on a bad note.

"I want to play for one of those clubs that can influence your career and your life, where you have to earn the interest of the manager and have a good income.

"I want to improve as a professional and as a person."

Source: Sky Sports

I thnk you are spot on there, Alves may want a new challenge. The EPL is the most exciting league in the world so it is likely he'll end up in England. It just depends who is willing to pay £100,000 a week and £40 million to Sevilla, ultimately.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You