Zola tribute match

boshman

Who else went to the Zola tribute match in 2004 against Real Zaragoza? 3-0 Chelsea, Mourinho's first Chelsea match at the bridge and most importantly of all, a chance to see the legend of Zola in the famous royal blue for one last time! Wonderful day! What are your memories of it?!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I went to the game too, had a great day out. Since then I've had Franco sign my programme and dvd of the game so I might frame it all one day with my Zola 25 shirt and the ticket stub lol. I also remember it well because it was Jose's first game in charge blue%20scalf.gif

Speaking of which, im currently editing some highlights of the game, will add them to the video section when they're done or they will be here

Edited by oldno7brand

• 2 months later...

I was there! Got a seat about three rows back in the West Stand Lower (south side, near the corner flag), because I wanted to be as close to the pitch as possible. Great for Zola's lap of honour, though I think most (if not all) of the goals happened down the MH end, so not such a great view in that regard...

I remember pulling out one of my old 'Autoglass' shirts with ZOLA 25 on the back for the match, then being surprised that I didn't see more fans doing something similar...

I didn't go... but I have the match on DVD. I remember it being 4-0, though, and I think Duff and Drogba scored two of the goals. David Villa played for Zaragoza that day.

It was definateluy 3-0... Drogba, an OG if i remember right and Scott Parker.