test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aesthetic Relic

Steve Sidwell

Started by Aesthetic Relic,

88 posts in this topic

Not too upset to see him go, for the best of his career. Good luck to him at Villa, and a cracking bit of business as well. Cheers for being solid when we needed you, Stevie, and thanks for that cracker against Hull!

now if benhaim, pizarro and belletti rake in another 10 million, we'd have made up for bosingwa's fees and reduced drastically on the wage bill..

Definitely a good move for him. He really needs regular playing time to further his career--to save it even. Good luck to ya Steve.

now if benhaim, pizarro and belletti rake in another 10 million, we'd have made up for bosingwa's fees and reduced drastically on the wage bill..

We'll get much more than that for the three of them, but I don't think Belletti will leave. Pizarro will go to a German club, most likely.

We'll get much more than that for the three of them, but I don't think Belletti will leave. Pizarro will go to a German club, most likely.

Yup, a few German clubs already interested in him. We will make good business out of Sidwell, Pizarro and Ben Haim.

It is clear from these dissapointments that it is better for us to sign young players as squad players instead of these average players.

Aston Villa target Steve Sidwell will hold talks with Luiz Felipe Scolari before deciding whether or not he will leave Chelsea.

Sidwell's future at Stamford Bridge has been the subject of intense speculation all summer after he failed to hold down a place in the Chelsea side last season.

Aston Villa are thought to be leading the chase for the former Reading star with a host of other Premier League clubs also monitoring his situation.

Sidwell's agent Eric Walters says the player wants to talk with new Chelsea boss Scolari before making a decision on his future and he would be entitled to a pay-off if he does leave Stamford Bridge just one year after arriving on a free transfer.

Steve-Sidwell_959073.jpg

"Steve feels Villa are a very, very good club and would offer a very good future for him," Walters told the Daily Mail.

"But he is in no rush to leave Chelsea. There is a new manager coming in and he would at least like to meet with him over the next couple of weeks to discuss his future in person.

"He is entitled to some compensation if Chelsea agree to part with him."

Source: Sky Sports

I never thought sidwell got a proper chance at Chelsea. Then agian he was never really going to get a chance !

The fact that whenever we were short of numbers in midfield we played SWP instead of Sidwell shows that there is just no point in him hanging around, for himself more than anything else.

Steve is a solid back up. He's not a cunt like many of our star players. He's a blue collar mid who isn't afraid of getting a knock which is more than I can say for Lampard. Can't count all the times I saw #8 not get into a play when he needed to just becuase it was a shit side we were playing.

Steve is good for English footie. I don't want to see him leave, but for his sake he needs to go so he can better himself.

Steve is a solid back up. He's not a cunt like many of our star players. He's a blue collar mid who isn't afraid of getting a knock which is more than I can say for Lampard. Can't count all the times I saw #8 not get into a play when he needed to just becuase it was a shit side we were playing.

Steve is good for English footie. I don't want to see him leave, but for his sake he needs to go so he can better himself.

Completely agree. Would be nice to keep him because he is a raw talent, but he needs time to mature into the good player we all know he is capable of becoming, and he just won't get that time at CFC.