test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aesthetic Relic

Steve Sidwell

Started by Aesthetic Relic,

88 posts in this topic

The guy wanted to go fair as but going Arsenal aint gana get you any more games so that move was pointless seeing he wants to go again.

:( awww loans a good idea but to Sunderland!?!Dont come back trying to break people legs Steve!

BLACKBURN plan a £5million swoop for Chelsea's outcast midfielder Steve Sidwell.

Rovers boss Mark Hughes believes he can lure the 25-year-old away from the Blues, where his chances have been limited.

Sidwell moved to Stamford Bridge on a free last summer but wants regular first-team football.

Sparky might face a challenge from Newcastle for Sidwell's signature as Toon boss Kevin Keegan was a big fan of the player when he was in charge at Manchester City.

£5 million? I honestly wouldn't say no, Steve is a good player but his chances are far too limited to warrant a first team run.

Should definitely take that if true -Pizarro, Sidwell, Ben Haim, Shevchenko should go in the fire sale.

Absolutely!!! Watching those lot play in the reserves last week was truly awful!!

Di Santo is already a better option than either Sheva or Pizarro!!!

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, Esk, Shevchenko is one of the very few players who tries all the time even when the world is against him.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, Esk, Shevchenko is one of the very few players who tries all the time even when the world is against him.

I wouldn't disagree with that at all. But he has lost everything that made him what he was, mentally i am not sure he can recover with us, especially considering we can't afford this season to give him a chance to recover. Unless we start playing 2 up top i don't think Sheva will make a comeback for us...

Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell has emerged as a summer transfer target for Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Eriksson could have as much as £50million to spend on new players this summer as he looks to turn City into a team capable of breaking into the Champions League and one of the first signings that he wants to make is Sidwell, who moved to Stamford Bridge on a free transfer last summer.

The former Reading man has mainly had to settle for a place on the Chelsea bench and is known to be growing increasingly frustrated at the lack of starts.

Eriksson believes the 25-year-old could be the midfield enforcer that his side have so badly missed this season and a swoop looks to be on the cards.

The City boss is a close friend of Roman Abramovich and is hoping that could smooth the path towards a deal for Sidwell.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/706845.html

SSN saying that a fee of £5.5m has been agreed between Aston Villa and Chelsea for Sidwell and the deal is expected to be finalised in days.

Cracking bit of business that was :D