test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aesthetic Relic

Steve Sidwell

Started by Aesthetic Relic,

88 posts in this topic

I'm sure we'll buy some sort of midfielder during the transfer window, so why not loan him? its better than having him come on for the last 3 min or even worse, play the whole match.

i wouldn't be dissappointed if he leaves, he's found it a major struggle this season, been hugely ineffective when he's played. He needs to play for a team that actually wants him and will actually play him. In a team like sunderland, he'll be one of the first names on the team sheet and thats what he needs.

It'll be a shame if he leaves I was really hoping he would do well and break into the first team and play alongside lampard... didnt happen, now I think there is no way, but I will keep my faith until/if he leaves

Sunderland last night finalised a loan deal for Chelsea midfielder Steve Sidwell.

The former Reading star, 25, has agreed to go to the Stadium of Light for the remainder of the season and will move to Wearside at the end of the month once Chelsea's get their players back from the African Nations Cup

Daily Mail

well the deal was finalised yesterday, that was january so maybe thats all that matters. He'll probs stay there anyway.

Nothing has actually been said, but seeing as we know that SWP can play in midfield well too now, we can let him go. We don't need him.

Nothing has actually been said, but seeing as we know that SWP can play in midfield well too now, we can let him go. We don't need him.

If you take Sidwell out we was playing on Saturday with the only possible midfield we could have put out. Without Sidwell we will be in trouble if we lost one of them through injury, although Lamps should be back soon, hopefully for the game against the Brummies.

Not been impressed with Sidwell at all, maybe a loan move bringing regular first-team football is just what the lad needs, but I feel if he does go out on loan he will not return.

Not been impressed with Sidwell at all, maybe a loan move bringing regular first-team football is just what the lad needs, but I feel if he does go out on loan he will not return.

Which will probably be best for all concerned. It is clear that he isn't up to standard for us and he will want to be playing regular football...

If you take Sidwell out we was playing on Saturday with the only possible midfield we could have put out. Without Sidwell we will be in trouble if we lost one of them through injury, although Lamps should be back soon, hopefully for the game against the Brummies.

I know, but we could get by with a 2 man midfield in a 4-4-2, and we'll be getting players back soon anyway. If it wasn't for the African Nations, Sidwell again wouldn't be even on the bench.

If this loan does go through i cant see him returning to us, main reasons beings once all our players return from injury and international duties he most likely will not even make the bench for us, so if he goes to sunderland i think he might stay for a while..

If we are getting rid of him now, was there any point of getting rid of L.Diarra

How many millions of times do we have to point out to people that Diarra wanted to leave and he wasn't shoved out, but let out?

If we are getting rid of him now, was there any point of getting rid of L.Diarra

Don't talk about this guy who has been ungratefull towards the club ! He began to recieve chances on chances but yet Mister wanted to leave and where did he go ? To Arsenil, ffs ! Sorry, but people who weren't comited 101% to Chelsea get no respect at my side.