test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the wes

Wishlist Daniele de Rossi

Started by the wes,

1,510 posts in this topic
Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini has confirmed Daniele De Rossi will be offered a new contract.

De Rossi, 27, has just one year remaining on his contract and has been linked with a move to Chelsea as a replacement for the injured Michael Essien.

However, Sabatini remains optimistic that De Rossi will extend his contract with his hometown club.

"We are working with the maximum calmness," he said. "I have spoken to Daniele. We will speak to his agent and we will make an offer."

De Rossi suggested that he had become disillusioned with life at the club in March, although there have since been huge changes.

Source: ESPN

Published: 13th July

nice player better than montolivo would be a good addition young and good potential would be a superb deal for around 15 Millions... should be a good cover for Mikel so we only need another one to cover for Ramy...

hope he dosen't sign a new contract

I agree with St Abramovich, Tottenham won't sell their star midfielder either, yet no ones says lock the topic.

Why does everyone say time to lock thread, he has one year on his contract and he's apparently unhappy so this is far from over.

I agree. imo a thread should not be locked till something official happens, how many times have clubs said someone is not for sale, and still sold him? whistling.gif

Why does everyone say time to lock thread, he has one year on his contract and he's apparently unhappy so this is far from over.

I agree with the first part.

As for De Rossi being unhappy. He said that back in March. Since then they've undergone a bit of a makeover. New owners, new manager, new signings have all made a positive impact at Roma. Luis Enrique will excite their fans quite a bit and might be critical in De Rossi staying.. It is his hometown club remember.

I agree with the first part.

As for De Rossi being unhappy. He said that back in March. Since then they've undergone a bit of a makeover. New owners, new manager, new signings have all made a positive impact at Roma. Luis Enrique will excite their fans quite a bit and might be critical in De Rossi staying.. It is his hometown club remember.

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't follow Roma well, I just read some articles recently that stated he was unhappy.

Even so, it is still very possible.

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't follow Roma well, I just read some articles recently that stated he was unhappy.

Even so, it is still very possible.

Yep, we can still tempt them, should we make a sufficient bid.

Sorry that was my bad....Thought the link above was an official statement about contract renewal....there's too much transfer news in the air these days...

DDR is Roma, much like Totti. A better deal and the sentimental value about staying on with his hometown club will pour cold water over any move.

I personally think De Rossi would be a great signing he's got everything, he can create from the back end of the midfield hes got all the defensive qualities you could ask for, hes passionate (for Roma at least) hes a commanding presence on the pitch his long range shooting is pretty damn good If I'm not much mistaken hes a World Cup winning captain. With the ability to shore up the defense, create play from the back and blast in long range goals from nothing I'd put him right up there with this transfer windows must haves.

Admittedly his chances of leaving Roma are very slim indeed, but nothing to stop us trying, I'm a huge Essien fan, but with all the injuries and the lack of any real form for the past two seasons maybe its time we let him go? No actually, I wouldn't got that far, but none the less I think De Rossi would be a bloody magnificent signing!

Also...

HAS ANYONE SEEN HIS BEARD?! fainthv9.gif

I personally think De Rossi would be a great signing he's got everything, he can create from the back end of the midfield hes got all the defensive qualities you could ask for, hes passionate (for Roma at least) hes a commanding presence on the pitch his long range shooting is pretty damn good If I'm not much mistaken hes a World Cup winning captain. With the ability to shore up the defense, create play from the back and blast in long range goals from nothing I'd put him right up there with this transfer windows must haves.

Admittedly his chances of leaving Roma are very slim indeed, but nothing to stop us trying, I'm a huge Essien fan, but with all the injuries and the lack of any real form for the past two seasons maybe its time we let him go? No actually, I wouldn't got that far, but none the less I think De Rossi would be a bloody magnificent signing!

Also...

HAS ANYONE SEEN HIS BEARD?! fainthv9.gif

Cannavaro was captain of Italy and there would be a few players ahead of de Rossi, he was like Lamps when it comes to international captaincy.

Lock the thread because Roma said he is not for sale? Right,we should close the topic Modrić since Tottenham said he is not for sale like 20 times.