Ross Turnbull

BlueLion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squeaky bum-time whenever the ball is coming towards this guy

I know what you mean but he actually had a decent half against Everton when subbed on. Let's hope he doesn't fuck up our games in hand with sloppy goalkeeping.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolute fucking garbage. Easy to ignore him when he so rarely plays but for those one or two games a season where he does and we're not humping shitehouse teams 5-0 in the League Cup he's simply not good enough.

And I know you're the backup keeper but that's no excuse to have bitch tits you fat fucking disgrace. We used to have reliable backups like Hitchy or Frode or even Carlo but this cunt is pathetic.

Absolute fucking garbage. Easy to ignore him when he so rarely plays but for those one or two games a season where he does and we're not humping shitehouse teams 5-0 in the League Cup he's simply not good enough.

And I know you're the backup keeper but that's no excuse to have bitch tits you fat fucking disgrace. We used to have reliable backups like Hitchy or Frode or even Carlo but this cunt is pathetic.

He's not Chelsea material but no need to call him a cunt

Now now, calm down.

As Rambo said, he maybe average but no need to hurl insult at Turnbull.

He's not Chelsea material but no need to call him a cunt

I didn't mean it in a properly insulting way. Honest. :P

My view on sportspeople is this - if you play sports for a living then you have to at least be in good shape. The only exceptions are people who don't play proper sports (golfists, dartists, etc.) and fatties like big Nev.

Turnball is nothing but a seat-filler. He's not a young kid looking to impress and he isn't an older head who has had his career and is now just a steady presence. He's given up. He's in the prime of his career and he's happy to bloat up and take a wage on the bench and we really shouldn't give him that chance.

Still don't see why the club persists with Turmoil as the backup goalkeeper.

Premier League back-up keepers compared to Ross Turnbull

Arsenal - Vito Mannone - Cleansheets against Stoke, Liverpool and QPR this season

Villa - Shay Given - Enough said

Everton - Jan Mucha - Has barely played for Everton - not sure

Fulham - David Stockdale - Done well when called up recently. Kept his team in the game against West Brom away

Liverpool - Brad Jones - Played 5 games this season and kept 2 cleansheets. Bit shaky but better than Turnbull. Did well in Cup semis v Everton last season

ManCity - Pantilimon - Laughably better

ManUnited - Lindergaard - Better

Newcastle United - Steve Harper - Better

Norwich City - Both Declan Rudd and Mark Bunn - Better

QPR - Green - Let's call this even

Reading - McCarthy - Worse..

Soton - Kelvin Davies - Worse

Stoke - Sorensen - Better

Sunderland - Westwood - Not sure

Swansea - Tremmel - easily better

Spurs - Friedel - Gomes Even Cudicini is better

West Brom - Myhill - better

West Ham - Henderson - Unsure

Wigan - Pollitt - Definitely Worse

So, imo, Turnbull is better than 3 backup goalies while i'm not sure about Henderson, Westwood and Mucha. Call him even with Rob Green and you still have 12 teams with better cover for GK than us. Yes, the whole Thibaut Courtois situation maybe stopping the club from signing a better back-up but seriously, if Cech is injured, we are well and truly screwed because well, Ross Turnbull is just shite. He can't save, he can't sweep, he can't even kick ffs