test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Started by Steve,

121 posts in this topic
I really hope we dont sign him

One of the latest "rumours" I read lately has an Eto to Man City deal already worked out (http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_5404299,00.html) so if Barca really want Ibra, then I'd expect something fairly soon. Personally, I would love to see Ibra at Chelsea (but still leaning towards Pato more though).

Off the subject, but why no interest (at least that I've seen) in Benzema?

Doesn't anyone understand?? Ibrahimovic is one of the most overrated idiots in world football! He's sluggish, and never scores against big teams.

Total waste of money!! I'd rather sign Aguero or Tevez who are both YOUNGER than Ibra. No thanks!

:lol: Do we have to start this argument again?

Im with Wes on this one.

Ibra is not overated end of. I reckon he could do a great job for us.

I dont think he'd fit in with the Prem style of play. I reckon he's good, definitely, but not good for us. That clip of him scoring isn't good enough for the prices theyre talking!!

Would love him at Chelsea 2 seasons back. Not now. He will be 28 next season. We need players for long term. Get Tevez/Aguero.

rather than spending €70m on ibrahimovic, i'd rather spend it on pato or aguero or a hot new young talent....

in my opinion ibrahimovic is not worth 70m.... but thats just my opinion...

Zlatan in Blues claim

Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has claimed Chelsea want to sign him.

Ibrahimovic's future at Inter has been the subject of intense speculation all summer with Real Madrid and Manchester United both linked with the Swedish international.

Inter are determined to keep hold of their star striker with president Massimo Moratti adamant Ibrahimovic is going nowhere.

Chelsea confirmed last week that they are keen to bring in a big-name signing this summer and Ibrahimovic is the latest name to be linked with a move to Stamford Bridge.

Ibrahimovic admits he is flattered by Chelsea's interest, but insists money will not be the main motivating factor in any move.

"I am fully aware that Chelsea want to sign me and, of course, it is very flattering," Ibrahimovic told the News of the World.

"They are one of the biggest teams in Europe and the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world.

"Money is not the most important thing, I will base my decision on what's good for me, what suits me."

"It is about asking: will I still be able to be special in the league that I am going to, to the team that I am going to?

"Are my qualities right for the Premier League or not?"

SKY SPORTS/FOOTBALL

I rate Ibra but I don't think he is worth as much as £70m, that's just crazy money.

It's tough to guess if he would fit in well with the British game. Look at Sheva for a good example of what I mean.

I agree with the majority of the comments in this topic....NO THANKYOU! Stay at Inter...If we have valued Calvalho and Deco at £10 million....And they are happy with that...Just concede that extra 4 and sell them both to Inter. We can buy Aguero or Pato (which...by the way, id prefer if it was Aguero) with a bit of the money...Get rid of the deadwood at the club in Deco...Then if JT does leave we can then use that money to help pay for the Aguero/Pato move, and then use the rest of the transfer budget for one really good defender to go along side Alex/Ivanovic..And give Mancienne his chance at the club finally.

To sum up....

IBRAHIMOVIC NO! Too old, too much like Drogba, and for his age...At THAT price....No thankyou. If this is Chelseas idea of a Marquee signing to impress JT and the fans....Then you have got it ALLLLLL WRONG!

Similar to the Terry rumour, a lot of sources are reporting this speculation surrounding Ibra. He's not a bad player by any means, but he's not worth anything near £70m - I personally think he's worth £30m at max. And then there's Deco and Carvalho on top of that too? Ridiculous.

Like others have said... if we do have £70m to spend, I'd sooner spend it on Aguero or a player similar to him, for such an expensive fee.

if the sky sports sources have found this out then there must be an element of truth

he would be an interesting signing, we must sell a striker if we get him though

because whats the point in signing sturridge if he will never get a chance.

Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic claimed on Sunday that Premier League giants Chelsea are set to make a STG60 million ($A124m) move for him.The Swedish international said: "I am fully aware that Chelsea want to sign me and, of course, it is very flattering. They are one of the biggest teams in Europe and the Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world."

He told the News of the World: "Money is not the most important thing. I will base my decision on what's good for me, what suits me.

"It is about asking: will I still be able to be special in the league that I am going to, to the team that I am going to?

"Are my qualities right for the Premier League or not?"

Ibrahimovic, 27, has spent the past five years with the Serie A side who won the Italian league this season, and has netted more than 150 league goals to date, as well as 20 for his country.