test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

robaldo

Give Us Feedback/Bugs Thread

Started by robaldo,

2,916 posts in this topic

Is there any way to block articles from appearing in my unread content section? 90% of them are trash clickbaits from dodgy sources so I don't want them drowning out content I actually want to read.

DDA likes this

2 hours ago, manpe said:

Is there any way to block articles from appearing in my unread content section? 90% of them are trash clickbaits from dodgy sources so I don't want them drowning out content I actually want to read.

From what I've checked, I don't think that's possible. @Jim may be the best person to answer that though...

It's less than 3 months away and the 2018 FIFA World Cup forum page is up and running > http://forum.talkchelsea.net/forum/93-world-cup-2018/! I've created (1) a General News thread and (2) one thread for each Group. Will move it to the top of the forum once the domestic season is over.

Have a few other things in mind but would like to get some feedback, if possible:

1. Do you want a thread for every single match or are you okay with discussing the group stage matches in the group stage thread? Planning to only have the individual match thread in the knockout stage.

2. Any need for a thread for each national team?

3. How many are up for a Prediction League? I should be able to run it. Winner gets 500 reputation points! (no money involved, sadly :P)

Fulham Broadway and manpe like this

2 hours ago, Jason said:

It's less than 3 months away and the 2018 FIFA World Cup forum page is up and running > http://forum.talkchelsea.net/forum/93-world-cup-2018/! I've created (1) a General News thread and (2) one thread for each Group. Will move it to the top of the forum once the domestic season is over.

Have a few other things in mind but would like to get some feedback, if possible:

1. Do you want a thread for every single match or are you okay with discussing the group stage matches in the group stage thread? Planning to only have the individual match thread in the knockout stage.

2. Any need for a thread for each national team?

3. How many are up for a Prediction League? I should be able to run it. Winner gets 500 reputation points! (no money involved, sadly :P)

Nice!

1. I think there is no point. If there is a topic for every match and also for every group, then one of them will be inactive as the forum in general is not that active. In this case I think keeping discussions concentrated to as few threads as possible is best. Discussing group stage matches in respective group threads is sufficient imo... and will also avoid cluttering the forum with threads that have very few posts, if any. Having match threads in KO/finals is enough.

2. No. Same reasoning, the topics (especially for weaker nations) will be inactive and will only contribute to cluttering the forum's database. Some nations already have threads afaik, do we ever see them? No, abandoned.

3. I would probably participate provided it will not be too complicated.

Jason likes this

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

3. I would probably participate provided it will not be too complicated.

Nah. It'll be the standard one - points awarded for correct result, score and first goalscorer. Wouldn't mind a simplified version too - points for only correct result, other two not involved. Makes life easier. :lol: 

Just now, Jason said:

Nah. It'll be the standard one - points awarded for correct result, score and first goalscorer. Wouldn't mind a simplified version too - points for only correct result, other two not involved. Makes life easier. :lol: 

Cut the goalscorer thing, pointless. Points for correct result and bonus points for correct score.

Jason likes this

Regarding the predicition league, I am all for it. Sounds fun!!

On another note, I am always linked to the forums as I have it in my history on my phone but earlier I went to www.talkchelsea.net homepage and could not find out how to access the forun for love nor money.

Are the forums a main feature of this site or is it now mostly a website for news articles and foruns are a secondry feature? If not, then could you not make it more apparent that there is a great community here for discussion.. maybe more people would sign up if if it was more obvious. 

Unionjack likes this

Did some minor tweaks to the Player Database forum - (1) moved 'Reserves & Youth Teams' to the section and (2) added 'Chelsea FC Women' to allow more detailed threads/discussions on the Women's game (I've moved the current 'Chelsea FC Women' thread to there).

Unionjack likes this

Guys can anyone help me - i became French it seems. How can i get Belgium back on my profile? 

39 minutes ago, Stingray said:

Guys can anyone help me - i became French it seems. How can i get Belgium back on my profile? 

Not 100% sure if it works but go to 'Theme' at the bottom of the site and select the 'Default' option. Then, click on your profile icon at the top and choose 'Account Settings'. You should see 'Country' as one of the options in the settings page.

Lately TC has been signing me out of the forum after a short while, need to re-login even if "remember me" is selected. Didn't act this way before. Anybody else?

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Lately TC has been signing me out of the forum after a short while, need to re-login even if "remember me" is selected. Didn't act this way before. Anybody else?

No mate. I stay logged in 24/7. Site never says 'Get a cab home Uj' like they do at the pub when you're the last one there! lol

12 hours ago, manpe said:

It happened to me long ago but was able to solve it by selecting 'remember me'. Think the issue might has something to do with whether you're using a static or dynamic IP address, at least that was the problem for me.

Please I made mention of me getting the notification with images can you please tell me what to do?70e7a520812337c29e20f61ac83e66f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am facing a strange issue where on some of the threads clicking on the page number does nothing! Anyone else facing this issue?

One particular thread I am having facing this issue is the "Mourinho thread"

37 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I am facing a strange issue where on some of the threads clicking on the page number does nothing! Anyone else facing this issue?

One particular thread I am having facing this issue is the "Mourinho thread"

Never had that problem mate.

I normally just press those arrows that take you to the last page.

15 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Never had that problem mate.

I normally just press those arrows that take you to the last page.

that doesn't work either

Tried on Chrome and Firefox on Mac. That functionality doesn't seem to work. will try and debug further to see what is going on once I get some time