test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Luka Modric

Started by DavidEU,

2,077 posts in this topic

Chelsea target Fernando Torres and Luka Modric after Double triumph

dailymail.co.uk

Fernando Torres and Luka Modric top Chelsea's summer transfer targets, giving Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy a major dilemma this summer.

Having qualified for the Champions League, Levy knows that selling Modric would be hugely unpopular with fans and doubtless against the wishes of his manager Harry Redknapp.

Whether Spurs, who have sold stars such as Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov in recent years to Manchester United, could resist a £30million bid is questionable.

For Liverpool, the situation is clearer: with losses of £54.9m, a net debt of £351m, no Champions League next season and with new chairman Martin Broughton, in effect, an appointee of the club's bank RBS, a £50m bid for their star asset will clearly be accepted.

Very excited about this news. With our squad, hes got the potential to outclass Fabregas.

http://www.thesun.co...sea-target.html

-Malouda-Drogba-Anelka

--Lampard---------Essien--

-------------Modric------------

fainthv9.gif

Quote from a Dinamo native and Chelsea fan (cfcnet.co.uk)

Dinamo Zagreb chairman and his brother (god damn mob in my club) just came back from London regarding 3 London clubs interested in two Dinamo wonderkids - Šime Vrsaljko and Mateo KovačIć ...Interested clubs are Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United!Šime Vrsaljko is a defensive right, midfielder right wonderkid player coming very fast through ranks in Dinamo (18),Mateo KovačIć (16) is attacking midfielder wonderkid who has developing way faster than Luka Modrić did!, and our chairman said Roman Abramovitch (who was at the dinner along with Carlo) is interested in signing the defensive right 18 year old player but our chairman did not approved because he wants to sell both of them for a fee of minimum 15 mil euros, but Roman did not wanted Mateo!

However contact negotiations are still ongoing for Vrsaljko, but the most interesting part of conversation was at the dinner between Carlo and our chairman that lasted around 20 minutes and that was about bringing Luka Modric (totenham player, from dinamo zagreb club ranks too) in January to Chelsea!! Carlo has said that Luka is amazing player/midfielder (as we all know it) and that he wants to sign him as his nr.1 buy! more news to follow in the next week! Thats all our chairman said in the exclusive interview....p.s. sorry for English

He's an ugly spurs scum gremlin like creature who would demand ridiculous wages.

Better players are available if roman is going to splash the cash, such as Hamsik from napoli.

+1

Term-X likes this

Great player.

Who cares if he's ugly and plays for Spurs, would you turn down Messi or Xavi or David Villa if they'd have played for Spurs? Some of the things you read on this forum are laughable. Dedication to your club is one thing, but blind loyalties are just hilarious.

Madmax likes this

I do not understand the hate towards luka he is a top footballer. Luka is extremely creative and he has brilliant ball control, he would give us a different option in midfield.

BlueLion. likes this

Not here to build a team of good looking models are we? I mean Drogba's one ugly bastard - nobody complains about that !

On topic :

It's never going to happen. Spurs aren't going to sell us their best player for 30 mil like the report claims. He's easily a 50 mil player when you look at the prices involved in other deals.

We're not Real Madrid. So I don't give a flying fuck if our players can't work for Dior as a supermodels...

I would love to see him play for us, he only can make us better... But it won't happen.

We're not Real Madrid. So I don't give a flying fuck if our players can't work for Dior as a supermodels...

I would love to see him play for us, he only can make us better... But it won't happen.

I'd actually say Real have got one ugly team :P:lol: Them lot make me look moderately attractive (if you've had a few (hundred) pints).

I agree, though, it simply won't happen. Over the years Spurs have been a buy-and-sell-for-a-profit club. We've seen that with the likes of Carrick (they made a £16 million profit on him :blink:). But now they're a team who want to keep their best players, and good players should now be going to them as well.

We were heavily linked with him before Spurs signed him. It’s a shame that we didn't take the punt on him then because he has developed into a very decent player and would have been extremely useful to this Chelsea side.

As much as I think he would be a decent signing there are two things going against him; his price and his Tottenham affiliation. He would cost a silly sum way above his ability as a footballer. And considering the best price we could negotiate for Ramires was £18m I don’t trust our club to get a good deal.

Also I prefer when we sign players who can create their name with Chelsea and not come here as an established player from a rival club.

Also I prefer when we sign players who can create their name with Chelsea and not come here as an established player from a rival club.

Look at your ava whistling.gif

Look at your ava whistling.gif

:lol:

Ashley is one of those rare cases which make signing a player from a rival club a good thing. He is the best in the world in his position and he f*cks up the Arsenal every time we play them. :champions:

He's an ugly spurs scum gremlin like creature who would demand ridiculous wages.

Better players are available if roman is going to splash the cash, such as Hamsik from napoli.

Couldn't agree more, from what I've seen Hamsik is on his way to becoming better than Modric.

Luka Modric is a genius and has made his name in the Premier League. Hamsik still has a lot to prove.

Btw there's no use in comparing the two players since they're two completely different players. Hamsik is a goal-scoring midfielder and Modric is a playmaker that makes a team play better. So it really depends on what a club/manager is looking for. You could even sign both and play them together.

BlueLion. likes this

Wow, that's a great example of understatement laugh.gif.

Well that is what he is imo. He isn't the best player in the World and I personally think we can do better.