test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Luka Modric

Started by DavidEU,

2,076 posts in this topic

For me, its Lampard, Terry, Drogba and Cech that are the only players who are likely to start every match. Grant plays Essien often enough, but he's rested him when he can.

Maybe he can, but he would essentially be kicking out either Essien, Mikel or Ballack from the team.

Out of the starting line up yes, out of the squad no..The midfield is unbalanced in my opinion. Essien, Lampard, Ballack, Sidwell - all too similar. We need variety:...............................Defensive Midfielder.....................................................Box to Box Midfielder..................................................................................Creative Playmaker.......................The balance has to be right, playing 1 up top we have to have someone who plays more advanced and can open things up, in the same way that Tiago and Gudjohnsen used to when they played that role...

I wish we had kept Tiago, he was an incredibly gifted talent. But if we play as you have suggested, I would have Essien/Mikel, Lampard/Ballack/New signing with Lampard/Joe Cole/new signing as the playmaker.

I wish we had kept Tiago, he was an incredibly gifted talent. But if we play as you have suggested, I would have Essien/Mikel, Lampard/Ballack/New signing with Lampard/Joe Cole/new signing as the playmaker.

Lampard can't play the playmaker role, it's just not his style. Joe Cole would be great at it, but if it hasn't happened yet i can't see them taking him back to that position now. The only player we have now who can play the role sort of is Ballack.Tiago was quality and along with Duff, Robben, Gudjohnsen created a lot of flair and creativity in the team that season, without doubt our best season ever, footballing-wise

Out of the starting line up yes, out of the squad no..The midfield is unbalanced in my opinion. Essien, Lampard, Ballack, Sidwell - all too similar. We need variety:...............................Defensive Midfielder.....................................................Box to Box Midfielder..................................................................................Creative Playmaker.......................The balance has to be right, playing 1 up top we have to have someone who plays more advanced and can open things up, in the same way that Tiago and Gudjohnsen used to when they played that role...

then maybe we can play like essien on defensive, box to box Lamps and playmaker Modric but maybe that would be a big bite for him...

then maybe we can play like essien on defensive, box to box Lamps and playmaker Modric but maybe that would be a big bite for him...

Big bite??We are certainly going to sign someone (looks like January) to play the playmaker role, that is clearly where we are looking at.

Well Mr Grant has made it clear a playmaker is top of the agenda. I suppose money will be no option, considering we offered £20 million for Dani Alves.

Well Mr Grant has made it clear a playmaker is top of the agenda. I suppose money will be no option, considering we offered £20 million for Dani Alves.

Yup. And it is looking like Modric is our top target for that role. Which considering it is the January transfer window i can't argue with..

Chelsea are ready to sign Dinamo Zagreb ace Luka Modric and send him on-loan to PSV Eindhoven. Croatian sources say Chelsea are set to pay £16 million for the Croatia international midfield schemer and then send him to PSV for the second-half of the season on-loan to continue his development. Modric would follow the same path of previous Chelsea signings Alex, Alcides and Slobodan Rajkovic, with the latter two still at PSV after being bought by the Blues.Source: Tribal Football

beacuse maybe he is not in Avrams plans right now and he can get some expirience in the big club like PSV ad then come here and show all his talents

beacuse maybe he is not in Avrams plans right now and he can get some expirience in the big club like PSV ad then come here and show all his talents

He might as well just stay at Zagreb if we are not going to bring him over now and just sign him in the summer! It is different with players like Rajkovic who are young and will get valuable experience at PSV but Modric is an established international already.

He might as well just stay at Zagreb if we are not going to bring him over now and just sign him in the summer! It is different with players like Rajkovic who are young and will get valuable experience at PSV but Modric is an established international already.

Agreed, Why pay 16million on someone when you ownt be getting anything from them for at least 6 months. If we're gonna pay that get him into the team set up asap http://forum.talkchelsea.net/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif

He's 22 and far from being established in a club like Chelsea, hence he needs experience.

He's 22 and far from being established in a club like Chelsea, hence he needs experience.

He's 22 and thus far too old to send out on loan without that saying to him "we don't think you're good enough". Alex was an exception because it was only about gaining a work permit for him.

He's 22 and thus far too old to send out on loan without that saying to him "we don't think you're good enough". Alex was an exception because it was only about gaining a work permit for him.

That's true. So I don't see why we cannot prepare and train him ourselves but have to give everybody to PSV. So I think that this article is hipopotamushit.

Absolutely, which is why the article is probably nonsense, at 22 he is either good enough to join us or not.