test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Luka Modric

Started by DavidEU,

2,076 posts in this topic

There has always been money available, we bought Belletti and Malouda in the summer and was prepared to spend quite a lot of Alves too. I am sure in January and certainly in the summer there will be plenty of cash around for us to spend

Add to that the endless reports linking us to Kaka and Mr Ed :whistling:

I hear five minutes ago on Croatian news that Modric said that he will like to move to CFC.....and that there were some talks

Yup he looked a tidy little player, there is no way we should be anything over £15m for him though otherwise it will just not be worth it.

he can only get better, go for him now, else his price will rise, like any other player, specially with Chelsea showing interest, be a good coup if we can get him at the Bridge, watching him in the Croatia v England game, he can bring the ball down very well, and looks very very skillful :beer:

Yeh, i'd quite like him. Technically, he seems a very gifted player. He's very skillful, fast and has a good pass too. 30m I think is too high, however if it has to be paid, then that's what I'd like to see us pay for him. I think he's worth £15 Million though. But we could do with a player like him, and i'd defiantly take him.Tidy is a good word to describe him ^^ http://forum.talkchelsea.net/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.png

Edited by Cameron

Modric is a good player, he played well for Croatia in midweek. He certainly looks like a long-term successor to Lampard in the future.

Can I spare a thought a minute...Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Joe Cole, MakeleleHow on earth is is going to fit into a starting XI every week?? :) EDIT: Mind you if Essien and Mikel are going to the African Nations Cup soon we're gna need someone like him as a replacement.

Edited by CJ Revo

Can I spare a thought a minute...Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Joe Cole, MakeleleHow on earth is is going to fit into a starting XI every week?? :ph34r: EDIT: Mind you if Essien and Mikel are going to the African Nations Cup soon we're gna need someone like him as a replacement.

The point is that our midfield is missing a certain TYPE of player, we need the creative edge in our midfield to work alongside the defensive minded player (Makelele, Mikel, Essien) and the box to box midfielder (Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Sidwell).Long term i would think Sidwell will leave and attacking playmaker will come in.

I would hate to see Sidwell leave. A lot of people think he is not Chelsea quality, but I've seen him play a few times and he looks solid when playing with Mikel in particular. perhaps they compliment each other?

I would hate to see Sidwell leave. A lot of people think he is not Chelsea quality, but I've seen him play a few times and he looks solid when playing with Mikel in particular. perhaps they compliment each other?

Yes Sidwell is not exactly a bad player. But when you look at the quality of our midfield (Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Mikel & Makelele) and you look at the sort of player we are looking to bring in, then Sidwell will at some point have to make way i think.

Chelsea's spending power is set to clinch the signature of Dinamo Zagreb star Luka Modric ahead of Arsenal. Nogometni magazin says Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has agreed to meet Dinamo's £16 million asking price for Modric, with the Croatia international arriving at Stamford Bridge in January. Italian clubs AC Milan and Juventus have already been informed of the developments after having scouts posted at Wembley last week to watch Modric in action against England. Chelsea boss Avram Grant sees Modric as the midfield schemer he needs to transform the team's style of play and along with checking on Modric last week, he also travelled to Skopje to watch the midfielder against Macedonia last weekend. Nothing has been confirmed, but it's understood barring a mega offer arriving from elsewhere, Modric will join Chelsea when the market reopens in January.Source: Tribal Football

This is great if it is true because it is tribal Football....and....esk hit the point of everything we need someone creative..And modruic can even play as attacking middfilder