test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aesthetic Relic

David Villa

Started by Aesthetic Relic,

185 posts in this topic

Valencia ace David Villa is open to a move to Chelsea.

Chelsea made an official approach for Villa earlier this month and Villa has refused to rule out a deal, says guillembalague.com.

Indeed, key members of the Chelsea squad have been in touch with Villa in order to try and persuade him to join them.

HGe is such a class act though, I think any team in the world would love to have him, as good if not, possibly better than Torres imo

Chelsea elbow Real Madrid out of way for Valencia's Villa

tribalfootball.com

Chelsea are threatening to trump Real Madrid for Valencia striker David Villa.

AS says Real have pulled out of the battle for Villa after new president Florentino Perez decided not to go higher than £30 million for the Spain international.

Valencia are asking closer to £40 million - which is due to Chelsea's fresh interest, that has only arrived this week.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/Chelsea-elbo...as-villa-248471

To be honest i am suprised to see us in for him. A out and out striker hasn't seemed to have been on the cards for us for a while now, with Didier staying (aparently) and with us having the Premierships top goalscorer, there hasn't been the need....

Esteemed Spanish football correspondent Guillem Balague has revealed that Chelsea have put in a £43 million bid for Valencia’s David Villa.

The television pundit told Sky Sports News: “There will be an offer for Villa (from Real Madrid) next week, which means that there will be another Chelsea v Real Madrid fight because Chelsea have put an offer to Valencia of 43m Euros which Valencia have not accepted.”

“Even if the do, the player wants to go to Real Madrid and it's only a matter of days (until he does).”

Chelsea have been heavily linked with a move for AC Milan’s Kaka and his teammate Pato in recent weeks, and although Villa was a reputed target of the West London club, there was no evidence they had made a bid for the player.

Valencia will have to sell a number of their prized assets this summer, as the club are burdened with crippling financial debts.

In addition to David Villa, who was his country’s top scorer at last summer’s European Championships, the La Liga club will have to sell David Silva. The Spanish winger has also been linked with a move to Real Madrid, but Liverpool are also said to be very keen on the player.

Esteemed Spanish football correspondent Guillem Balague has revealed that Chelsea have put in a £43 million bid for Valencia’s David Villa.

Lol, Balague talks so much crap it is unbelieveable. His stories are about as reliable as an MP's expenses.

You can bet your ass RA won't stand for losing out again

I am confident we will get him if he is willing to come

He may not though

Esteemed Spanish football correspondent Guillem Balague has revealed that Chelsea have put in a £43 million bid for Valencia's David Villa.

Lol, Balague talks so much crap it is unbelieveable. His stories are about as reliable as an MP's expenses.

thats a stupid amount for an old striker who we dont need, we need a young striker.. e.g aguero,benzema etc

Chelsea consider £40m bid for David Villa

villaG0304_468x320.jpg

Chelsea were last night weighing up a bid for David Villa after preliminary enquiries had told them that the Valencia striker would cost an English transfer record fee of £40m. Valencia expect Chelsea to come back in the next few days with a firm bid.

The Spain international is one of the obvious targets following the failure of Chelsea's attempt to buy Ricardo Kaka from Milan earlier this week. Crucially, Villa (right) is available with Valencia struggling under debts estimated to be around £400m. He would go some way to fitting the bill of the big-name star that Roman Abramovich wants to bring to the club, although not quite in Kaka's league.

Villa scored 28 goals for Valencia last season, a total that placed him third in the Spanish league's goalscoring chart behind Diego Forlan and Samuel Eto'o. He did so playing in a Valencia team that finished sixth in its division, 25 points behind winners Barcelona, and has failed to qualify for the Champions League or Europa League next season.

Villa was one of two players, along with Franck Ribéry, who was named by John Terry in the aftermath of the FA Cup final as the kind of signing that the club should be targeting this summer. Yesterday, Terry said that he was confident Chelsea would back his own ambitions by spending in the transfer market.

He said: "We're being linked with players who can take us to that next level. I'm happy and delighted that we're back in for this kind of players. We haven't done it for a few years. But we're being linked with some of the best players in the world again at the moment.

"I feel our best chance [of winning the Champions League] is with keeping certain players under contract and keeping this side together – as well as bringing a few big players in – this could be the moment we take that extra step. Especially with the new manager coming in. He might bring a bit extra."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...la-1698059.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a feeling that either Real Madrid or Barca will come in for him, which will prevent us from getting him. He'd be a great signing if we do get him, but I do fear the worst with regards to not signing him.

Hmph... Real Madrid are probably signing all these superstars just so we can't have them

Greedy bastards, if there's any team during the transfer market I fucking hate it's Real Madrid. Bloody stopped us from signing Robinho

Everywhere we go Real are there it seems lol.Shooo!!!!Thought Man City were gana be the ones after everyone..though prob still are but hey

See what happens I guess.Defo seem willing to splash out this time round

Everywhere we go Real are there it seems lol.Shooo!!!!Thought Man City were gana be the ones after everyone..though prob still are but hey

See what happens I guess.Defo seem willing to splash out this time round

if Real can now match man city's offers

who are all these world class players gonna go to :rolleyes:

He's more likely to go to Spanish giants Madrid or Barca. Like I've said; he's already said he'd prefer to stay in Spain.

I really do hope he comes to us though.

::: Fingers crossed :::

I'd love Villa to come, but I seriously doubt he would, in honesty.

They said that about Sheva because of his love for Milan at the time, but look what happened there, funny things have happened, I'll just leave it at that

1249 BST: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has told club sporting director Jorge Valdano to negotiate with Valencia for star duo David Silva and David Villa, but not to pay over €20m and €25m for the pair respectively. Silva is also wanted by Liverpool, whilst Villa is a reported target for Chelsea. (Marca)

-----------------

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE

Why don't they try to buy out Tom Cruise's contract and set his job as a hotel maid while they're at it???

This Florentino Perez is one greedy mother fucker!! :mad: :mad: