test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aesthetic Relic

David Villa

Started by Aesthetic Relic,

185 posts in this topic
niether of them will be able to play in the champions league if they join and im not too sure on villa

CL isn't main priority, if we have a chance to pick them up then we should take it. Villa has had a tough season but so has their whole team, the quality is still there in the player though.

i think that they would be good buys to get - still would love villa here - alves as well

It's the sort of signings you want to see us making to REALLY improve our squad. As we have seen there is never a guarentee that a player will be able to make it with us but the real quality is there with these players and there is no doubting that.

i think both to be honest. what with ACON we need all the suppourt we can get. pizarro looks a poor buy (i know he was free but hey)

we wil be missing drogba and kalou. Sheva, who i think will come good when his back, needs suppourt from another striker. 4-3-3 don't seem to work with sheva playing imo

Villa plus the player we have = Succes,even tough i would rather bring Ivanovic than Alves...we would have more options with the Serbian international.

I think that getting them two in would definately improve the squad. I was excited by the Alves summer speculation and gutted when nothing came of it.

I would bring alves because i dont rate ferreira any more. Villa is class and i would rather pay for him 25mio than for berbatov.

Villa is well overrated in my opinion, and we already have this new Serbian versatile defender now dont we? That should rule out Dani Alves...

Not really, Ivanovic looks mainly being centre back player, basically replacing Ben Haim. A long term upgrade is a must at right back sooner rather than later and there is none better at the moment than Alves so there is no reason not to sign the both of them...

Personally i would much have Villa than either Anelka or Berbatov, the potential is far greater with Villa and the level is higher, the only thing that goes against him is this "proven premiership goalscorer" thing..... didn't work out with Sutton though did it :D

Valencia striker David Villa has admitted he would be interested in a move to the Premier League.

Chelsea and Tottenham have both been keeping tabs on the Spain international, according to the News of the World.

The Stamford Bridge side could be in the market for a new striker if Didier Drogba moves on during the summer.

And Spurs forward Dimitar Berbatov has been the subject of intense speculation over his future which may leave Juande Ramos needing to bolster his attack.

Dream

The highly-rated Villa, who could command a price tag of up to £25million, is keen to showcase his skills in England.

Villa said: "I am happy at the interest within the Premier League and this is my dream if I leave Spain."

Valencia sporting director Miquel Angel Ruiz added: "If we receive a formal offer, we'll study it."

Villa over the years has been better than torres, torres blows up too many chances any barca, madrid fan or regular la liga watcher will tell you that...

villa has been struggling off late cos of the muppets incharge at valenica, one goes out another comes in, quique and koeman fucked with valencia in their own way..

They play him as target man, which he obviously can't.. so he wouldn't be the ideal replacement for Drogba

Villa over the years has been better than torres, torres blows up too many chances any barca, madrid fan or regular la liga watcher will tell you that...

villa has been struggling off late cos of the muppets incharge at valenica, one goes out another comes in, quique and koeman fucked with valencia in their own way..

They play him as target man, which he obviously can't.. so he wouldn't be the ideal replacement for Drogba

In La Liga, yes. But in England he has 18 goals in his debut season and could easily get a dozen more.

Valencia striker David Villa has revealed for the first time that he may be on his way out of the Mestalla at the end of the current campaign.

The diminutive Spanish striker has lost faith in Los Che's ability to challenge the top clubs in La Liga and he believes a move away would be beneficial for his career.

Liverpool and Chelsea have been linked with Villa, while Tottenham are believed to be the latest club to have shown a strong interest and the player admits he would be willing to discuss a transfer.

Villa told Goal: "I have always listened when there have been offers and I am still determined to do what is best for my career, but of course with the consent of the club as I have a contract.

"I have to think about my future and that is what I am going to do. I will listen to anything, like I always have."

Valencia's struggle on the trophy front this season has affected Villa's form, with the former Real Zaragoza hitman managing to find the net on just eight occasions.

Lots of reports in various outlets today that say hes destined for the Bridge.

The rumour appears in this morning`s Sun. Spain`s 'Marca` is also on the case. The Sun claims that Chelsea have already been in contact with Villa`s representatives.

Maybe with a pinch of salt though as the same reports (Telegraph) state that Drogba is joining Mourinho at Inter with the same certainty, and that Shevchenko is on his way back to mental uncle Berlusconi .