Scott Sinclair

James

• 3 months later...

No Blues regrets for Sinclair

Winger feels Chelsea youngsters do not get enough chances

http://www.skysports...7190097,00.html

don't blame him at all ..hope he does well and proves we were wrong to sell him ,,especially at the fee we got..

reckon he would fetch at least 6million now

Scott Sinclair aims to show Chelsea what they're missing

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15026328.stm

Sinclair is probably the only impressive player for Swansea so far, but in all honestly i just don't think he will ever be good enough to be playing at a top level, he seems to be very limited for me.

Would have never made it as a first eleven imo, but would have been good as a squad member. The last time he said something familiar was about the Arsanal game, and Swansea gifted the goal to them for the three points, same again for us?

No doubt we will win - something just feels like it :D

He is not the only one, Dyer, Vorm and Britton are also impressive and I'm pleased to see that they confirm their very good last season. And Nathan Taylor will not last long to confirm his potential.

I don't want to bash Kalou one more time but Sinclair would have been more usefull than our #21... When I saw him last season, he has some waste but he is by far more clever and more incisive in his play, makes better choices and is the first to help his full back spontaneously. He can also shoot above the knee... Sinclair has a real shooting ability. Not that he is among the best, but Kalou's is so poor...

Any day i would take Sinclair over Kalou!, and i completely forgot about Vorn, he has been playing really good, i watched the man city match vs swansea and i couldn't believe how good he was, he stopped Dzeko on two one on ones and made some cracking saves, especially that Milnar freekick and David Silva's shot in top corner. But besides that i havent been impressed, Swansea have been poor for me so far, they did win there last match however.

I'have not been impressed, I was just happy to see them perform like last season. Their passing is impressive, the circulation is fluid and the movements absolutely great (the what Roberto Martinez did implement), Dyer and Sinclair cut inside very often but they manage to create the difference. The only think they lack is some defensive organisation ; they have not any proper DM nor PL-level defenders. But the main issue of that kind of team is that their ball conservation is their main defensive asset... So in counter attack they can be in big trouble.

For me they have a great team which play well together, they play well, I saw the last game against WBA and I was pleased. But when Graham will take his marks (like Beckford), they will be a tough team to play against, especially in Wales

I think Beckford was a bad player, most of his goals were deflections, very lucky to score some of the goals he did. Danny Graham in my opinion is much better, he just needs to start scoring some goals and i'm sure Swansea will do something. And yes i agree in defence they are a mess, they are like Blackpool last season, but Blackpool had Charlie Adam, a very good playmaker, the thing was with Blackpool they were conceded a lot, but they scored more goals, so either way they used to win goals. Where Swansea don't have that Charlie Adam, they have a promising goal keeper who i doubt can keep them in the league single handedly, a good striker who is yet to come, and a decent pacey winger Sinclair. As for Dyer i havent seen to much of him, i didn't watch the last match with West Brom, i only saw the highlights. I still don't think Swansea have a chance at staying up though.

Edited by Sloth

• 10 months later...

1 of the influential player for Swansea, but not spectacular... hmm

anyway he is attracting a 5million bid from Citeh.

Not sure about him signing for Citeh. Most likely he is gonna sit on the bench like Adam Johnson. Hope he knows that sitting on the bench doesn't help him get his England debut.

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING: Swansea and Manchester City have agreed a deal for Scott Sinclair. (Sky Sports)

Almost done deal. I think this is not the smartest choice for him. He'll earn a lot of money, but IMO he is never going to be a star at City.

• 2 years later...

Think he, like many other, young british footballers who get big contracts when they are young are happy.

If you ask him "You happy?" I'd bet an awful lot he says "Yes, setup for life, model gf, never have to work a day in my life, if I get to play some football then sweet, if not I'll continue driving in my bentley"

Thats the trouble with football today, KIDS who have proven nothing in the football world other than being above average at youth level before so many factors set in get rewarded with a huge amount of money. These days its about the kids who have the ambition to burn through the contract and keep pushing.

How many of us know people from school who were exceptional at that time yet they are nowhere near professional football or even semi these days? Even lads I knew on Spurs/Arsenal books are playing Saturday league now.

Society, upbringing, agents, thats the difference I'm afraid.

Credit to the players that bust their arses working their way up the league and finally make it into the EPL then establish themselves as decent players, real footballers.

/rant

• 8 months later...

Sinclair has started the season strong @ Villa - always thought he could put a shift in for us

From the first time I saw him, a youth team game against Cardiff, I felt he had no chance here or at any top four club for that matter.

Scott has taken a lot of stick over his moves to Chelsea and City but I just don't see why a lad isn't allowed to show a bit of ambition and self belief. He backed himself and took his shots. Good for him. I don't for one minute believe that he's about to prove me wrong but if he did I'd be delighted for him.

From the first time I saw him, a youth team game against Cardiff, I felt he had no chance here or at any top four club for that matter.

Scott has taken a lot of stick over his moves to Chelsea and City but I just don't see why a lad isn't allowed to show a bit of ambition and self belief. He backed himself and took his shots. Good for him. I don't for one minute believe that he's about to prove me wrong but if he did I'd be delighted for him.

Exactly, its really tedious when people say players destroy their career by moving to big clubs, if the move comes off well (Joe Cole, Carrick, Milner) they have made a huge step up I'm their career, if they flop (Wright Phillips) they go back to a similar level to what they were playing before just without the hype knowing that they had a shot at the top and failed.

It's just a natural part of the football pyramid, footballer go from the Championship to the prem to test themselves, some succeed (Steven Reid) others fail and go back to the Championship with their tail between their legs (Jason Scotland). Same with bottom of Championship to top, league one-championship etc etc etc......

Although while we are on this topic am I the only one who doesn't see a huge issue in what Delph did? It must be sore for Villa fans but he probably committed to them with the right intentions but realised with it he blew his big chance of regular CL footy and title challenges, all he did was exercise a right every human being has and that's to change their mind

Exactly, its really tedious when people say players destroy their career by moving to big clubs, if the move comes off well (Joe Cole, Carrick, Milner) they have made a huge step up I'm their career, if they flop (Wright Phillips) they go back to a similar level to what they were playing before just without the hype knowing that they had a shot at the top and failed.

It's just a natural part of the football pyramid, footballer go from the Championship to the prem to test themselves, some succeed (Steven Reid) others fail and go back to the Championship with their tail between their legs (Jason Scotland). Same with bottom of Championship to top, league one-championship etc etc etc......

Although while we are on this topic am I the only one who doesn't see a huge issue in what Delph did? It must be sore for Villa fans but he probably committed to them with the right intentions but realised with it he blew his big chance of regular CL footy and title challenges, all he did was exercise a right every human being has and that's to change their mind

I think it's completely fine wanting to leave Villa for City, but you don't go out and say you're staying and then have a sudden change of heart and leave.

If you're not sure then s.t.f.u. until it's decided, and if you do leave, say farewell to fans and no hard feelings.