• Havertz
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Mount (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Whys Chilwell not just crossing that after Zouma’s cross fielded it to him? 2 players (I think?) in the box and he tries a 1-2 and makes it more difficult for himself IMO plus its pulled Timo away from in and around the penalty spot.

I do get the feeling we are unnecessarily over complicating things when we finally get to the middle/final thirds which doesn't help when they are just sitting in. They want us to try over complicate things, to try play through a low block when they can see the build ups slow with short passes and they can get back into position. 

I don’t get we dont go a bit more direct and play Giroud in some of these types of games if I am honest, these sort of awkward teams. Yes he’s limited in some ways yes but at least you can go a bit more direct and get Havertz, Hudson-Odoi and Ziyech into the game sooner if he can take it in plus with guys like Ziyech, Chilwell and Azpilicueta willing to put the ball in the box who would be better at getting to them? Or even throw him on and play Timo off him be it from the left or in a 2 man partnership. 

Still feels very unconvincing. Only winning due to a GK error and yes the missed penalty hurts but our play and creation of chances from open play is hugely uninspiring. 

Ziyech, chillwell both very good first half.

Havertz was not good til the last 15 when he started to come into hit. He needs to be playing them balls to Werner better if we're gonna play a system with him as a focal point. But I'm sure he'll get that.

We just need to get it past their first line and we can create something

4 minutes ago, Milan said:

I cannot wait to welcome back Gilmour. Give him a big role and slowly replace Jorginho. My eyes hurt.

I was never a fan of gilmours lack of physicality but the one thing i like about him he always looks for the progressive pass first and just settles for the safe one when there is no runner whilst jorginho always looks for the safe pass and only occasionally looks up for the runner. This is hwat makes gilmour distinct from any other dms, the ability to spot and pick up runners without taking ages on the ball. if only he was big

1 minute ago, coolhead23 said:

Honestly what the fuck are our players doing ... looks like they are just walking in the park. There is no passion, it should have been waves after waves from us instead it seems like they are dont bother me mode. 

Totally agree. I expected that too. However,....