test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Krasnodar 0-4 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Mendy
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Zouma
    • Chilwell
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Havertz
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Mount (sub)
    • Kante (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

486 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Is Callum younger than RJ when he scored Vs Ajax? If so he's our younger ever CL scorer.

Yes, CHO is younger. So a new record again

Tomo, OneMoSalah and Johnnyeye like this

We need to question Kai's performances. I think he needs to be rested, because he is flopping these past few games.

Vesper and 0007 like this

1 minute ago, Yeboii said:

CHO really needs to shoot better. So often his sidefoot shots are dreadful and straight to the keeper.

Sadly this is true.

Vesper likes this

Did you lot see that attempted lob pass from Joringho where both Chilwell and CHO were wide open, yet the pass found a Krasnodar defender? 

Vesper likes this

Zou to Mendy, M to R, back to Zou, etc. What are we trying to do?

Really liking what Ziyech is showing today so far.  Think there’s gonna be much more to come from him too. COYB!

Ziyech's been class, fullbacks good, Mendy's done everything he's needed to do.

The rest, meh!

Whys Chilwell not just crossing that after Zouma’s cross fielded it to him? 2 players (I think?) in the box and he tries a 1-2 and makes it more difficult for himself IMO plus its pulled Timo away from in and around the penalty spot.

I do get the feeling we are unnecessarily over complicating things when we finally get to the middle/final thirds which doesn't help when they are just sitting in. They want us to try over complicate things, to try play through a low block when they can see the build ups slow with short passes and they can get back into position. 

I don’t get we dont go a bit more direct and play Giroud in some of these types of games if I am honest, these sort of awkward teams. Yes he’s limited in some ways yes but at least you can go a bit more direct and get Havertz, Hudson-Odoi and Ziyech into the game sooner if he can take it in plus with guys like Ziyech, Chilwell and Azpilicueta willing to put the ball in the box who would be better at getting to them? Or even throw him on and play Timo off him be it from the left or in a 2 man partnership. 

Still feels very unconvincing. Only winning due to a GK error and yes the missed penalty hurts but our play and creation of chances from open play is hugely uninspiring. 

Johnnyeye likes this