test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Mendy
      18
    • James
      3
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Zouma
      0
    • Silva
      3
    • Chilwell
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      0
    • Havertz
      0
    • Pulisic
      0
    • Werner
      0
    • Abraham (sub)
      0
    • Mount (sub)
      0
    • Ziyech (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

694 posts in this topic

Mendy and Chilwell are definite upgrades and you can see that they are relied upon.

Only thing we needed was someone to carry the ball from midfield into open space in their half. I thought Havertz would do that, but he was restricted to the wing a lot. Kovacic would have had a field day there. Instead we had Kante who can carry the ball but can't finish off his move well. I get that Kante is a great defensive player who is great off the ball as well, but Jorginho can't make a killer pass when our forwards are pressed this much and that is why we need someone to carry the ball and get the attention of the defenders. Pulisic can do it but he hasn't quite got his touch yet.

Azpi and Thiago with a great performance. Reece is a tank as usual, and is getting better at controlling the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Theres nothing to push forward on. This match we played 5 defenders and 2 dms. Unless you think we should play the same formation going forward?

The midweek game was a better bar to judge.
We also, somehow, were quite comfortably more attacking in the midweek game (though we were pretty toothless then as well).

These 523 games tell us nothing about improvement, because its relegated to the shelf until frank loses his nerve against a big team.




Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
 

Jorginho and Kante are no DM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am ok with the tactics to a large degree as I understand we need to shore up at the back, however the subs left me fuming again. Why in the hell were Giroud and Kova not put on as the first two? As for the third I would be ok with Mount or Ziyech depending on how the game was going. I just do not get how SFL does not realise that CM is a real problem as it does not link the back line to the front line and how he appears to rate Werner and Tammy as target men with all the long balls being hit. 

MotM - Mendy/Thiago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

An utterly horrendous 2nd half performance both tactically and as an attacking unit. But holy shit what a difference Mendy and Thiago Silva make. We look like an actual solid unit and have a commanding keeper! It's been ages since we could say that.

Not at all happy with the performance but I'll take a point at Old Toilet any time. 

Really hope we start to see Ziyech getting starts ASAP. We need some more creativity and invention in our attack. I realize Frank is slowly integrating him, but we need him badly. 

Getting Ziyech and Kova in the team will make a huge difference I feel.

You watched Ziyech right?

He needs to stop reading the Willan book of corner taking. 

Frank is giving Ziyech plenty of opportunity but he's rusty as fuck and will be at least a month before he is anything like useful...

Pulisic is very flat and Kai and Timo are adapting to a new league. It all takes time

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, milka said:

 I'm ok with this point

Better 0:0  vs United  than 3:3 vs West Brom or Soton .

Mendy MOTM  .

 

 

If you forget the names, there is not a huge difference between this United team and West Brom or "Soton".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Embarrassing? U do remember theu finished ABOVE us last season? 
Yes, they finished level on points after being an embarrassment for the first half of the season.

Its embarrassing that 3 of the main players which caused the resurgence to catch us last season (martial, pogba and greenwood) didn't start.

On top of that, we've got a new striker, AM, Right winger, left back, CB and gk. All bar one started today. We basically have a different team from last season.

Moreover, this season united have been shit. 2 good games they've had, the rest has been pathetic.

Today, frank was more fearful or being beat that winning the game. Its even worse that he never went for the game AT ANY POINT.

Starting a game secure is one thing, playing the whole game in shackles is another.

Its embarrassing, its what middle league teams do. All after spending over £200m

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

Yes, they finished level on points after being an embarrassment for the first half of the season.

Its embarrassing that 3 of the main players which caused the resurgence to catch us last season (martial, pogba and greenwood) didn't start.

On top of that, we've got a new striker, AM, Right winger, left back, CB and gk. All bar one started today. We basically have a different team from last season.

Moreover, this season united have been shit. 2 good games they've had, the rest has been pathetic.

Today, frank was more fearful or being beat that winning the game. Its even worse that he never went for the game AT ANY POINT.

Starting a game secure is one thing, playing the whole game in shackles is another.

Its embarrassing, its what middle league teams do. All after spending over £200m

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
 

You do realise they have spent more than us over 2 seasons 👍

1chelsea likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milan said:

OK, let's just say Lampard went defending in the Sevilla and Man United games.

But from the next game on, no excuses whatsoever. We need to start scoring and winning.

Thats it we need to find a balance..we've had two 3-3 draws..now had two 0-0 draws. Need to score again but also defend.. 

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

You do realise they have spent more than us over 2 seasons 👍

Ppl forget this lmao we spent 200 million and all is forgotten about 

Muzchap likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jorginho and Kante are no DM
They are useless in the opposition half. Kante actively breaks our own attacks down. They are defensive players, even if neither are suited to be an actual dm

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Vesper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

You watched Ziyech right?

He needs to stop reading the Willan book of corner taking. 

Frank is giving Ziyech plenty of opportunity but he's rusty as fuck and will be at least a month before he is anything like useful...

Pulisic is very flat and Kai and Timo are adapting to a new league. It all takes time

Tossing him on for a few minutes both times so far when our attacking ambition had gone out the window isn't a fair representation of what he can do. We need to start getting him big minutes from the start and if he's rusty take him off after an hour.

 

Johnnyeye, Vesper and Supermonkey92 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Supermonkey92 said:

They are useless in the opposition half. Kante actively breaks our own attacks down. They are defensive players, even if neither are suited to be an actual dm

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
 

That's why am fuming the reason Kovacic was not in the starting line up...

Johnnyeye and Supermonkey92 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.