test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Mendy
    • James
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Silva
    • Chilwell
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

694 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Its embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Embarrassing? U do remember theu finished ABOVE us last season? 

killer1257 and Muzchap like this

An utterly horrendous 2nd half performance both tactically and as an attacking unit. But holy shit what a difference Mendy and Thiago Silva make. We look like an actual solid unit and have a commanding keeper! It's been ages since we could say that.

Not at all happy with the performance but I'll take a point at Old Toilet any time. 

Really hope we start to see Ziyech getting starts ASAP. We need some more creativity and invention in our attack. I realize Frank is slowly integrating him, but we need him badly. 

Getting Ziyech and Kova in the team will make a huge difference I feel.

Supermonkey92, DDA and kellzfresh like this

Good defensive display but don’t celebrate, should be the standard 

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Embarrassing? U do remember theu finished ABOVE us last season? 

We spent £200 million this summer though.

Blue Armour likes this

1 minute ago, Hutcho said:

All the defence played well.

Same people criticising us being defensive are the same people critisicing lampard for being naive and playing to open vs the bigger teams. Pick one.

We look so much more solid with mendy in goal so now when we push forward more we should have a much better platform to do so.

You can be defensively solid and have purpose in attack, we def didnt

Supermonkey92 likes this

Just now, Muzchap said:

Poch is not the answer....

Whether its Poch, Allegri or Hiddink we need to make the change early so that we can actually get something from this season. We all know  if it carries like this Lampard is going at some point this season so why wait for the inevitable. We did this in 2015 and it cost us top 4 when we stuck with Mourinho for too long

1 minute ago, Mana said:

We spent £200 million this summer though.

Yes with no pre season and a few injurys, we cant expected instant miracles 

Muzchap likes this

Mendy , James , Azpilicueta , Thiago , Zouma  and Chillwell - solid

Werner , Kai , Pulisic - average .

Muzchap likes this

Gotta start somewhere. Drawing 3 3 every game wasn't the answer
Muzchap likes this

I am very happy that our defense is showing growth. The front four will gel and get deadly. Our team needs to stay in touch with the top of the table while the players learn to play together. Six new players...I am very happy with how we are progressing.

Just now, Laylabelle said:

2 clean sheets is good..the fact.we didn't score for either however...just gana be on a run of draws at this rate!

Could've been worse..but couldve been better. Just so flat!!

i had a fucking heart in the mouth moment when Rashford hit that shot, but Mendy's save was amazing, top goalkeeping, a breath of fresh air, if Kepa was in goal we would have lost today hands down. I hate that we couldnt win, but i'll take the point and clean sheet right now. Mendy and Silva motm for us today.

Atomiswave likes this

I am 1000% sure we would've lost this game last year.  Likely by an embarrassing scoreline.  Mendy, Thiago Silva, Chilwell settled everything down when things got a little dicey.  Reece and Dave as well.  Take the point and move on...

Johnnyeye and Muzchap like this

1 minute ago, Hutcho said:
2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Gotta start somewhere. Drawing 3 3 every game wasn't the answer

Most def not yes, but this also shows how inexperienced FL is. There is no balance, no purpose. I hope it comes soon enough

All the defence played well.

Same people criticising us being defensive are the same people critisicing lampard for being naive and playing to open vs the bigger teams. Pick one.

We look so much more solid with mendy in goal so now when we push forward more we should have a much better platform to do so.
Theres nothing to push forward on. This match we played 5 defenders and 2 dms. Unless you think we should play the same formation going forward?

The midweek game was a better bar to judge.
We also, somehow, were quite comfortably more attacking in the midweek game (though we were pretty toothless then as well).

These 523 games tell us nothing about improvement, because its relegated to the shelf until frank loses his nerve against a big team.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, milka said:

Mendy , James , Thiago , Zouma  and Chillwell - solid

Werner , Kai , Pulisic - average .

Due to uneventful and shit Jorginho and Kante...

If we hadn't dropped points v WBA and Southampton, I would take this draw as a clean sheet at Old Trafford along with a point isn’t always the worst thing in the world. Now though, having dropped them points, I think today was a real chance to make a statement and we needed the 3 points. Typical we went 343. Don’t understand why. We didn’t even play 343 v Liverpool. 9 points from 6 games isn’t amazing and questions rightfully should be asked as its a poorer return than expected. Must win every game in the league up to Spurs now to get some more points on the board, then hopefully get a win v Spurs.