test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man United 0-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Mendy
    • James
    • Azpilicueta
    • Zouma
    • Silva
    • Chilwell
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Mount (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

694 posts in this topic

Manchester United 0-0 Chelsea
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

?m=02&d=20200708&t=2&i=1524980544&r=LYNX

2020/21 Premier League Match 6
24th October, Saturday 2020
Old Trafford
17:30 Kick Off (UK time)

Not feeling too confident about this one...doesnt help despite fuss being made about poor start theyre 2 behind with a game extra.

When will their penalty come hmmm.

Will we be able to attack or defend?! Doing both be lovely 

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

James---Silva---Zouma--Chilwell

Kante---Kovacic

Ziyech----Havertz----Pulisic

Werner

I suppose Krasnodar away next week will be the best game in this stupid schedule for us to rotate but I am slightly concerned that Lampard might run Havertz and Werner to the ground here. They have been playing a lot of games for us and Germany and will continue to do so in the coming weeks and months. Given they are key players, we need to be absolutely careful with them. Guess the same can also be applied to Chilwell, Silva.

oh, hellllll no

that cunt Bruno missed the pen, BUT Manure got to take it over, ffs

idiot Navas off the line

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Paris Saint Germain vs Manchester United – Highlights

https://yfl.viditnow.com/player/html/egwvMMsRSF6ol?popup=yes&autoplay=1

It was ridiculous. The ref gave the softest pen ever and then let Fernandez who twice missed repeat the penalty until he scored . This really is rigged. I really wonder how many refs Penandes is blowing on the side lol

bigbluewillie and Vesper like this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

:rant::rant::rant:

Just our bloody luck that United have suddenly gone from looking totally shit to decent again after 2 wins, including 1 at PSG...

PSG were pure  pure dogshit though, Manure was hardly brilliant

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Still, wins can breed confidence. And it's not like we're high on confidence now either!

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just our bloody luck that United have suddenly gone from looking totally shit to decent again after 2 wins, including 1 at PSG...

Last time they won in Paris they followed it up with a tame defeat (against Arsenal).

Lets hope similar happens again!

bigbluewillie and Strike like this

Just now, Tomo said:

Last time they won in Paris they followed it up with a tame defeat (against Arsenal).

Lets hope similar happens again!

But that was at the Emirates, not Old Trafford...

43 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mendy

James---Silva---Zouma--Chilwell

Kante---Kovacic

Ziyech----Havertz----Pulisic

Werner

We would win with this line-up. United are not as strong defensively as Sevilla is.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

PSG was beyond shit, if we put out our strongest XI without Mount and Jorginho then we'll win. 100% confident.

1 minute ago, Azul said:

We would win with this line-up. United are not as strong defensively as Sevilla.

The question is, do we open up and attack them or sit back and play on the counter?

Strike likes this

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

PSG was beyond shit, if we put out our strongest XI without Mount and Jorginho then we'll win. 100% confident.

We couldn't even beat a crap team like West Brom...

Vesper and Laylabelle like this

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

The question is, do we open up and attack them or sit back and play on the counter?

I feel like we can press them because they are not as well oiled as the Sevilla team.

People have got to realise that Sevilla is one of the most inform teams in Europe this year. They lost 2 games since February and they almost beat Bayern Munich in the cup final. 

It will be very easy for the likes of Pulisic, Havertz and Werner to go slice through Man UTD's midfield and defense. Believe it or not, I am optimistic about this game. That is if Lampard selects the right team ofcourse.

5 minutes ago, Azul said:

I feel like we can press them because they are not as well oiled as the Sevilla team.

People have got to realise that Sevilla is one of the most inform teams in Europe this year. They lost 2 games since February and they almost beat Bayern Munich in the cup final. 

It will be very easy for the likes of Pulisic, Havertz and Werner to go slice through Man UTD's midfield and defense. Believe it or not, I am optimistic about this game. That is if Lampard selects the right team ofcourse.

Easy to say we can press them but how often our pressing has been effective? If we don't get it right, we'll risk getting countered and thrashed like what happened in the opening game last season.

And this isn't even about Sevilla. It's how we are operating as a unit. Right now, it feels like we'll be good in attack or bad in defence OR bad in attack or good in defence. We can't seem to find the right balance.

I'd rather we play it smart and not play right into United's hands by doing anything stupid because that's how they easily beat us 3 times last season. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

We couldn't even beat a crap team like West Brom...

Lamps is my number one concern. He is in over his head atm. He does crazy things.

Zouma terrifies me. I wish Rudiger would get a run of games with Thiago.

I hate the Kante/Jorgi double pivot.

God help us if Chilwell goes down.

Mount should NEVER play winger again.

Kepa should be removed to the U23's.

Am oki with the rest.

hiterto and bigbluewillie like this