test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-3 Southampton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Chilwell
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

810 posts in this topic

Mendy not fit.

Silva won't be available after returning late from international duty.

Pulisic fit to play.

Ziyech fit to play but not ready to start.

Chilwell fit to play.

bigbluewillie likes this

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mendy not fit.

Silva won't be available after returning late from international duty.

Pulisic fit to play.

Ziyech fit to play but not ready to start.

Chilwell fit to play.

Why can't Silva play? Lampard is making the same mistake smh. He rested Zouma for the Spurs game and look how that worked out. Now he's resting Silva for the Sevilla game. We'll see what happens but I 100% disagree with his decision-making this time.

He literally can't keep the same squad for 2 games, things always have to be changed.

1 minute ago, Azul said:

Why can't Silva play? Lampard is making the same mistake smh. He rested Zouma for the Spurs game and look how that worked out. Now he's resting Silva for the Sevilla game. We'll see what happens but I 100% disagree with his decision-making this time.

He literally can't keep the same squad for 2 games, things always have to be changed.

It's because he came back late from international duty...

Just now, Jason said:

It's because he came back late from international duty...

He played on Wednesday and we're playing on Saturday. Surely he could've been at Cobham on Thursday and be fit enough to start?

How is Ziyech 'fit to play' but not ready to start? 

We should still be winning this but my god these injuries here and there will likely cost us Top 4 at this rate. 

bigbluewillie and Azul like this

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We should still be winning this but my god these injuries here and there will likely cost us Top 4 at this rate. 

Didn't he came back from Morocco last week? I swear he was training for atleast a week. It doesn't make sense to me at this point. Lampard is too cautious, just start your best XI ffs.

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

He played on Wednesday and we're playing on Saturday. Surely he could've been at Cobham on Thursday and be fit enough to start?

You gotta factor the traveling, jet lag etc. He's 36, not 26. 

And furthermore, we knew when we signed Silva that he's not gonna start every single game. So, I don't get what's the fuss around this. 

25 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

21 minutes ago, Azul said:

Didn't he came back from Morocco last week? I swear he was training for atleast a week. It doesn't make sense to me at this point. Lampard is too cautious, just start your best XI ffs.

Training is different from playing. He's had an injury and played only 30 minutes in the last 6-7 months. 

Am glad that Ziyech is back fit but just like Pulisic in the last game, I'd rather we ease him in than just throw him straight back into action and risk another injury, which happened a lot last season because we rushed players back. 

Muzchap and killer1257 like this

Thiago Silva still playing for NT at 36 is nuts. Apparently started both mathes too. Really should have retired after the 2019 title, which is most likely the  last title he will win with Brazil.

Muzchap likes this

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

You gotta factor the traveling, jet lag etc. He's 36, not 26. 

And furthermore, we knew when we signed Silva that he's not gonna start every single game. So, I don't get what's the fuss around this. 

I knew you were going to come up with that argument. Silva being 36, doesn't justify the choice of not starting him because he travelled from South America to the UK 2 days ago.

Lampard is too cautious when it comes to selecting players, we've seen a lot of that last season as well. Are you telling me that Mourinho would bench his best defender just because he travelled to South America? What a joke.

Ziyech also has a history at Ajax for missing games for small injuries. He minutes need to managed just like Pulisic until they show their bodies can handle the league.

Muzchap likes this

Has to be this. Lampard needs to absolutely run it through CHO's head to take players on. We should still be winning this bar the two blatant liabilities at the back. 

Kepa

Dave---Christensen---Zouma---Chilwell

Kante---Jorginho

CHO-----Havertz----Pulisic

Werner

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

I knew you were going to come up with that argument. Him being 36, doesn't justify not starting him because of him travelling from South America to the UK 2 days ago.

Lampard is too cautious when it comes to selecting players, we've seen a lot of that last season as well. Are you telling me that Mourinho would bench his best defender just because he travelled to South America? What a joke.

It's easy for us to sit down here and complain about this when we don't know how's the exact condition of Silva after playing for Brazil and traveling all the way back from there.

And even if you don't want to accept that argument, then what about that second one? We were always going to have to pick and choose the games for Silva to play anyway. 

Muzchap likes this

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

I knew you were going to come up with that argument. Silva being 36, doesn't justify not starting him because of him travelling from South America to the UK 2 days ago.

He played Wednesday night. The likelihood therefore is he's travelled back Thursday morning so he has one day of training following a day of travelling.

Like some have said, he's 36 and needs to be managed throughout the season because we need him to stay as fit as possible and play as many games as possible for us. He likely wouldn't have played all 3 games in the next week anyway so would make sense for him to sit this one out for the reasons above.

Not arsed about Silva but its Ziyech's situation that's annoying. If CHO wasn't so scared shittless of taking players on we wouldn't' have to worry. 

This is what Lampard said about Ziyech in full...

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/16/frank-lampard-hakim-ziyech-chelsea-debut-13433952/

‘Obviously, we brought Hakim here and it feels a long time ago now,’ said Lampard.

‘But he also has not played since the Dutch league finished during the lockdown period, it’s a long time. 
‘He’s worked so hard, he’s been fantastic in terms of his professionalism to get fit, and looks really good in training.

‘It’s match fitness, I’ve got a really open relationship with him to know where he’s at and how I feel about it. So it’s just game minutes what we need now. 

‘But yes, of course, I’m really excited to get him in and around it. To bring what we brought him to the club for, which is the opportunity to create chances for us, to be the talented player that he is that we saw at Ajax. I look forward to seeing him play.’

Muzchap likes this

31 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's easy for us to sit down here and complain about this when we don't know how's the exact condition of Silva after playing for Brazil and traveling all the way back from there.

And even if you don't want to accept that argument, then what about that second one? We were always going to have to pick and choose the games for Silva to play anyway. 

If he plays against Sevilla will he be fit enough for the Man UTD game? According to you he's 36 and can't play every match so I'm wondering what's more important for you PL games or CL games?

We got the easiest group apart from Sevilla so I see no reason why we have to rest players for CL games. I would rather have Silva start now, then rest for the Sevilla game, and afterwards start against Man UTD.