• Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

do you really want a defensive coach like simeone or allegri take charge of a team that has 400m+ worth of attacking players in it? not that i care much but i doubt it is what the fans or the club want.

Poch was just as shit in his first 2 seasons at tottenham

Nageslmann has had similar problems in his career. failing to break down buses, taking chances and letting leads slip.

They are all human. I dont really see any coach out there slotting right in and improving us drastically.

never said I wanted Simeone or Allegri here

I have always (since Conte days) said Nagglesmann

and I would love Poch too

they are both vastly better managers than Lamps atm

and I am not going to put up with 2 or 3 seasons of shit on the outside hope that Lampard sorts it

my opinion doesn't matter anyway

if we keep playing consistently like this, Lampard will get sacked before the end of the season

11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Someone on here said that we've conceded 63 goals in 43 PL games under Lampard - there is clearly an issue with how we set up defensively. 

Remember when we conceded only 15 goals in one season.. good times.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Kepa is a 80 million problem. Cech backs Kepa for success and the board too.
Lampard has to give Kepa chances just like the other coaches gave 60 million problem Torres chances. If Kepa was a youth GK, he would never have played again after his first bad performance. But Kepa is not a youth GK. He is a keeper that our board paid 80 million for.

AC and Mount are Lampards fault though

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I get the feeling that Lampard is "forced" to play Kepa because of the price tag. Either the board just need to accept the financial loss with Kepa and move on or Lampard shows some balls and just drops Kepa for good. Because at this rate, Kepa will cost us any success on the pitch more than any financial loss and may even cost Lampard his job too!

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

I’m just tired of the recycled excuses for Lampard. 
Yes there were individual errors but who keeps picking these shite players again and again FFS?

Sometimes you just have to accept that some of these players aren’t coachable.

Kepa and Willy are terrible GKs but I’ll pick Willy over Kepa any day because Kepa brings me zero confidence. He will never improve.

Why are we chopping and changing our back 4 every fecking time? I’m fed up.

watch you mouth and remember what you promised.

there was not chopping an dchanging. all changes were forced FFS

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Long gone are the days when we feel safe after going 2-0 or even just 1-0 up!

About 4 to feel completely in control these days..its daft and annoying especially when you know its going to happen. Just do a complete switch off

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

watch you mouth and remember what you promised.

there was not chopping an dchanging. all changes were forced FFS

Mason Mount on the left, Pulisic on the right (both out of their natural positions), Christensen and Kepa were all Lampard's choices. These aren't forced changes sorry. 

41 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Never expect sensible discussions after a performance like that. Sorry 👍

I just hate seeing the CHO rhetoric. 

Shit day all round- but onwards and upwards 🙌 

No worries. I am not a CHO fan boy.  But I don’t see Mount contributing anywhere except midfield. JMO. 

5 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Mason Mount on the left, Pulisic on the right (both out of their natural positions), Christensen and Kepa were all Lampard's choices. These aren't forced changes sorry. 

he was talking about chopping and changing the back 4 tho

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

he was talking about chopping and changing the back 4 tho

Fair enough. Still would've gone for Zouma Tomori. And also I would've played Wily personally. I think we win this game with those two playing instead. 

42 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I don’t think Mount on Left Pulisic on the right really affected us. We looked great up top. It looked like fatigue kicked in if anything. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I don’t think Mount on Left Pulisic on the right really affected us. We looked great up top. It looked like fatigue kicked in if anything. 

Defending is the responsibility of the whole team (cliche but pretty obvious). And it's not like they've just lobbed the ball over our midfield, but rather played through our lines quite easily at times.

With that out of the way, still can't believe nobody is talking about alonso... you know how slow he is?! Lost all his duels and remained a liability in defense during the whole game.

6 hours ago, Stats said:

Just wow :clap:

This is exactly what I kept saying when I saw the goal. I didn't watch the game live. Was helping my daughter in her garden with the radio on. From the moment Southampton equalised I was completely fed up but when I saw the highlights later my mood jumped, Now I can't get the smile off my face. Wow indeed, just wow.