test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-3 Southampton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Chilwell
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

810 posts in this topic
50 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

I said yesterday that Kepa was not at fault. Looking again at the game, I have changed my mind.

First goal, he could have done better if he was a very good GK. And he didn't.

Second goal, massive howler from Kepa for sure. Back-pass from Zouma was extremely poor but he messed up, that second goal should have never happened.

Third goal: was he sleepy? A good GK would have managed that.

I have enough of Kepa! 

Manuel Neuer would have kept a clean sheet yesterday

Magic Lamps likes this

26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yet FL gives a little few grins in his after interview.

I'm still fuming me.

What annoys me is his inferior mentality as well. We're 2-1 up against Southampton at HOME and he decides to go defensive which allowed Soton to pressure us. We then concede, but afterwards we score our third goal. Guess what Lamps does? He brings Reece James on because he is afraid of Southamptons pressure and attack. We sit deep as a result and concede yet again.

To think a Chelsea manager would be afraid of Southampton is embarrassing and unacceptable. We don't play like we're the top dogs anymore. Can't believe I'm saying this but we're starting to look like Arsenal under Wenger.

Atomiswave likes this

9 minutes ago, Azul said:

What annoys me is his inferior mentality as well. We're 2-1 up against Southampton at HOME and he decides to go defensive which allowed Soton to pressure us. We then concede, but afterwards we score our third goal. Guess what Lamps does? He brings Reece James on because he is afraid of Southamptons pressure and attack. We sit deep as a result and concede yet again.

To think a Chelsea manager would be afraid of Southampton is embarrassing and unacceptable. We don't play like we're the top dogs anymore. Can't believe I'm saying this but we're starting to look like Arsenal under Wenger.

The last bit RE Arsenal is what I said a few weeks back.

If your playing against us your rubbing your hands together because teams now know how weak mentally we are at the back.

I said yesterday, if Mendy is in goal and Thiago is there we don't concede those goals.

bigbluewillie likes this

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I said yesterday, if Mendy is in goal and Thiago is there we don't concede those goals.

But also for me the point is why when it was blazingly obvious to every Chelsea supporter, that we needed not only a new number 1 keeper we also need a 2nd choice.

Then the other biggee is why the fuck didn't we try to buy at least one top defender, we instead bring in a geriatric who can only play so often, a decent player maybe if you have decent defenders around him, but we don't.

I was screaming in the transfer window FFS at least sign Upamecano, cannot believe that we never went in for him.

And don't get me started on yesterdays debacle, i'm still livid:middlefinger:

Atomiswave and Fulham Broadway like this

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

FL is trying to spin too many plates and keep too many happy. If they are not cutting it drop them

Exactly this, also why he keeps chopping and changing all the time, its bound to hit us hard.

Exactly this, also why he keeps chopping and changing all the time, its bound to hit us hard.
It is hard to not change when Silva only had 1 day of training after jet lag and Mendy being injured.
Azpi is our captain and will get more games and RJ will play the games he does not play. Ziyech and Pulisic are not sharp enough yet after their injuries and it will take time til they reach their full potential.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Atomiswave and mkh like this

Just now, killer1257 said:

It is hard to not change when Silva only had 1 day of training after jet lag and Mendy being injured.
Azpi is our captain and will get more games and RJ will play the games he does not play. Ziyech and Pulisic are not sharp enough yet after their injuries and it will take time til they reach their full potential.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I meant overall, the whole team keeps changing game by game. At the end of the day we really should not be dropping pts vs WB and SH, we really shouldnt. So many silly pts lost its crazy. I hope FL pulls through, he cant be sticking with the same excuses for much longer, there are clear fundemental issues at play here.

bigbluewillie likes this

Agree. But still, with Kepa as KG its one or 2 howlers every game that leads to a goal.

Enough is enough.  

3 hours ago, Azul said:

Don't mean to be pedantic but isn't that the opposite of Arsenal under Wenger? They never sat back on leads, not even against Barcelona.

4 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

OH well Spuds just threw a 3 goal lead against West Ham:D

If anyone uses that to justify our own choke on Saturday...

23 hours ago, Special Juan said:

That was fucking disgraceful in all honesty...2-0 up we fucking bottled it. 

Fucking fuming

so what do you say to 3-0 and West Ham coming back. Not saying Lampard is a complete manager but there is no magic wand out there and the gulf has been closed by the lesser teams. If Lampard had lost 6-1 and bottled a 3-0 lead all guns would be out blazing. This is the same Spurs that probably have a better balanced side and a defensive minded, world class manager.

Moral: support your team and hope the players turn up on the day. The grass is always greener on the other side. By the way, the clamour for Poch is laughable.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If anyone uses that to justify our own choke on Saturday...

Give a me break all i'm doing is saying what fun it is ti see 'em blow it as well.

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

Give a me break all i'm doing is saying what fun it is ti see 'em blow it as well.

Not saying you specifically. Just a warning... :rant:

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Not saying you specifically. Just a warning... :rant:

Sorry you've lost me warning for what?

2 minutes ago, y10edn said:

so what do you say to 3-0 and West Ham coming back. Not saying Lampard is a complete manager but there is no magic wand out there and the gulf has been closed by the lesser teams. If Lampard had lost 6-1 and bottled a 3-0 lead all guns would be out blazing. This is the same Spurs that probably have a better balanced side and a defensive minded, world class manager.

Moral: support your team and hope the players turn up on the day. The grass is always greener on the other side. By the way, the clamour for Poch is laughable.

The same, bottle jobs. You say there is no magic wand but we failed to strengthen an area that was a gaping hole from last season but spent millions at the other end.

Lampard and us bottled that yesterday, Spurs did the same.....

Please don't preach to me about supporting the team, something I have done for 30 years, home and away and spent thousands doing so.