test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-3 Southampton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Zouma
    • Chilwell
    • Kante
    • Jorginho
    • Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

810 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

watch you mouth and remember what you promised.

there was not chopping an dchanging. all changes were forced FFS

Mason Mount on the left, Pulisic on the right (both out of their natural positions), Christensen and Kepa were all Lampard's choices. These aren't forced changes sorry. 

Strike, DanP2311, bohops and 1 other like this

41 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Never expect sensible discussions after a performance like that. Sorry 👍

I just hate seeing the CHO rhetoric. 

Shit day all round- but onwards and upwards 🙌 

No worries. I am not a CHO fan boy.  But I don’t see Mount contributing anywhere except midfield. JMO. 

Muzchap likes this

5 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Mason Mount on the left, Pulisic on the right (both out of their natural positions), Christensen and Kepa were all Lampard's choices. These aren't forced changes sorry. 

he was talking about chopping and changing the back 4 tho

28 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

he was talking about chopping and changing the back 4 tho

Fair enough. Still would've gone for Zouma Tomori. And also I would've played Wily personally. I think we win this game with those two playing instead. 

42 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I don’t think Mount on Left Pulisic on the right really affected us. We looked great up top. It looked like fatigue kicked in if anything. 

mkh likes this

Lol 1 minute in Luke Shaw scores for Newcastle.

Makes our defensive problems a little easier to swallow.

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I don’t think Mount on Left Pulisic on the right really affected us. We looked great up top. It looked like fatigue kicked in if anything. 

Defending is the responsibility of the whole team (cliche but pretty obvious). And it's not like they've just lobbed the ball over our midfield, but rather played through our lines quite easily at times.

With that out of the way, still can't believe nobody is talking about alonso... you know how slow he is?! Lost all his duels and remained a liability in defense during the whole game.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

This team has potential to score at least 3 goals every game. 

and give up 4

6 hours ago, Stats said:

Just wow :clap:

This is exactly what I kept saying when I saw the goal. I didn't watch the game live. Was helping my daughter in her garden with the radio on. From the moment Southampton equalised I was completely fed up but when I saw the highlights later my mood jumped, Now I can't get the smile off my face. Wow indeed, just wow.

Stats likes this

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Lol 1 minute in Luke Shaw scores for Newcastle.

Makes our defensive problems a little easier to swallow.

And they came back to win 4-1. Still "little easier" to swallow?

ZAPHOD2319 likes this

3 from West Brom

3 from Southamton

Im really  discouraged just ater 5 games with  Chelsea defenders and ...... Kepa -_-

is is very sad we are talking about anything other than Timo's goals and performance.

And someone has to tell Frank that Abraham does not have to play every game, esp considering Timo is twice the player.

Atomiswave likes this

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Funny people say this about Silva when he practically cost us a goal in that 3-3 game at West Brom. 

On paper, Silva is an upgrade over our other CBs but on the pitch, the jury is still out for me whether he is actually an upgrade or will he just be inconsistent as our other CBs. 

Yes but I think he has passed the eye-test apart from that moment

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Yes but I think he has passed the eye-test apart from that moment

He may not have put a foot wrong since then but let's not kid ourselves here considering he has played only against West Brom and Crystal Palace in the league.

West Brom, once they got the 3-0 lead, were happy to just sit back and defend that lead. They didn't even bother to have a go at us.

Crystal Palace are hardly an adventurous side under Roy Hodgson. They set up defensively and just tried to play on the counter.

Long story short, West Brom and Palace have hardly been challenging opponents for Silva given how pragmatic they were. Assuming he plays both, the Sevilla and Man United games will give a better indication of whether he is an upgrade or will he just be inconsistent in this team. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bamford said:

He's right. You can see in this forum. nobody blames Zouma

If we're going to blame individuals for mistakes, that's one thing. But it looks like there are different individuals vying for that every weekend. 

Against West Brom it was Silva and Alonso.

Today, you could also argue that Havertz, who otherwise played well up front., imagined that he was back in the Bundesliga when he sloppily gave up possession for the first goal, and lost his man (Walcott) for the their 3rd goal.

You can blame it on individual errors for the odd upset, or if it's the same repeat offenders.

Not sure that applies to us anymore. It doesnt seem that simple 

kellzfresh, Muzchap and mkh like this

14 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Yes Frank. Please sort your tactics that made havertz give them the ball just outside our box... emoji23.png

Havertz shouldnt have still been on the pitch he was whacked! thats tactics!