• Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Actually thought Chelsea bossed the game once Ziyech came on for Mount. Typical to concede that late free kick and defend it badly

What? Ziyech gave the ball away about five times. If Mount had done that then the TalkChelsea lynch mob would have been going for their pitchforks and torches. I am not trying to beat up on Ziyech as he has been out but he was poor when he came on and couldn't pick up the pace of the game. 

As for the game overall, good 1st 40 minutes then fell apart once Soton figured out that they need to step up on our FB's and not give them too much space to run into. This is what happened against Spurs. As for the 2nd goal, as much as I have been anti-Kepa, Zouma is at least equally at fault if not more. That was a prime example of why I have always been against him being one of our starting CB's. Poor under pressure and has sub-par passing. 

This said, there are still seriously systemic problems with the team. The double pivot isn't working as teams just run past it and the defence is still an absolute shambles. As for the substitutions, I am yet again asking why Giroud wasn't put on. We needed an outlet and someone to help with defending set pieces. This was clear from 70 mins and yet again he is left to rot on the bench. Further, Ziyech should never have been put on, Soton are possibly the fittest team in the league and he is lightweight and hasn't played a competitive match since March. James should've been the first sub, followed by Giroud and then maybe Ziyech if you want to give him five minutes or just leave it at the two. Really poor game management. 

Further, the anti-Mount stuff around here needs to stop, it is getting beyond ridiculous now. 

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:
6 minutes ago, 0007 said:
How can people only  blame the individual errors when we were dominated after the 30th minute? These mistakes are shambolic but we are not good enough. Southampton should not have more shots than us at the Bridge. 
The first 30 minutes were good but after that we scored with one of our rare attacks. 

They dominated second half. But the reason was due to the pressure we put on ourself after the error. Which as always gonna happen. We can't be making those errors at this level. Havertz will learn and kepa hopefully won't play for us again

You sound like an Arsenal fan when Wenger was still managing them. It's very worrying to see this. This is Chelsea football club, stuff like this is not allowed to happen especially when we spent so much money. No more excuses.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

So, Kepa is a top class GK, you say or what? Look at Liverpool today. Adrian is a horrible GK too and they dropped points and Adrian was horrible last game too.
With garbage players, you will get garbage results.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Please show me, where exactly I said Kepa is top :D:D  Garbage players indeed, yet being picked over and over again. Only a complete fool would expect they would suddenly turn into wolrd beaters.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

After 5 league games last season - 8 points (W2 D2 L1)

After 5 league games this season - 8 points (W2 D2 L1) *

*after spending more than 200 million...

Kinda irrelevant when they all haven't been on the pitch at the same time...

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Remind me what happened the last time Caballero started? And that was with Thiago Silva playing.

No one said caballero cant concede a goal but he's easily better than kepa,  Lampard knows this but gave kepa another chance regardless 

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

We've been so starved of a decent goalkeeper that people don't even expect him to make regular save or to bail us out at all. Christ. Kepa can do better in the first goal, could've done much better for the second. And the third... As a pro goalkeeper I'm expecting you to at least make a decent save out of it. It wasn't a difficult shit at all. 

The buck falls at Lampard's feet here yet again anyway. He decided to start Kepa and his in game management is genuinely horrible. 

So willy or kepa.... stop blaming Frank for picking kepa ffs he has 2 pick between 2 turds its a gamble either way, they are both unreliable and shite.

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

lol, they had more shots on target and attempts in general

they are either trolling or delusional

we had two WC players whose individual brilliance got us goals

but overall we were terribly disjointed

they dommed the fuck out of us in MF, especially the 2 half

and if Lamps keeps rolling with Kepa, he deserves the sack in short order

why the fuck did we have THREE CF's in the small squad/bench (4 in reality as technically Havertz can play there as well)

and jack shit for MF options

literally NO CMF or DMF on the bench

unless you count an out of position Reece

smdh

Everything that worked brilliantly in the first half just stopped like a light switch was flipped. All because Southampton, a team with nowhere near our talent or ability, simply said to themselves "these guys will wilt if we up our intensity."

We were slicing through them at will with Havertz, Pulisic, and Mount. Werner was terrorizing their CB's with runs in behind. Chillwell looked like a monster marauding down the left flank.

And then we looked like a totally different team second half. Fitness was a huge part of that, yes, but Lampard was again out coached when it came to adjustments in tactics. 

When you combine an already young, inexperienced coach with the hyper condensed fixture list that severely limits time on the training pitch this is a recipe for disaster. 

Just now, The Skipper said:

Genuinely reckon we win with Wily playing instead of Kepa today tbh. 

I can't wait to see the back of Kepa and I blamed him for most of the defensive issues in general last season but he made three pretty decent saves today.

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Kinda irrelevant when they all haven't been on the pitch at the same time...

Does it really matter?

At least 2 of them have started to play regularly and we shouldn't be in situations where we have scored 3 goals and still don't beat sides like West Brom and Southampton. Never mind challenging for the title, how are we going to finish in the Top 4 if we can't beat the lower sides? 

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

So willy or kepa.... stop blaming Frank for picking kepa ffs he has 2 pick between 2 turds its a gamble either way, they are both unreliable and shite.

I'm picking Wily. The team defends more comfortably when he plays, even if it's just slightly. We win today with Wily imo. 

I'll blame Frank for his horrible 2nd half management of the game too btw. We allowed Southampton to grow back into the game. 

Just now, Tomo said:

I can't wait to see the back of Kepa and I blamed him for most of the defensive issues in general last season but he made three pretty decent saves today.

They aren't decent saves imo. Just normal saves you expect a professional goalkeeper to make. He's so bad that even those saves look decent because it's him.