test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

16. Edouard Mendy

Started by Jason,

192 posts in this topic

Conceded 1 goal in 3 games. Tiny sample size I know. But gotta be a good sign of things to come.

And if my theory of us not actually being as bad as we all think defensively and it's just individual errors caused from panic and confusion on top of a shit keeper costing us goals then we may start to see that in actual results. But we won't know til we get a big run of games and can see over a larger sample size.

As lamps said we give up very few shots relatively speaking in comparison to the rest of the league barring the top 2.

19 hours ago, Hutcho said:

Conceded 1 goal in 3 games. Tiny sample size I know. But gotta be a good sign of things to come.

And if my theory of us not actually being as bad as we all think defensively and it's just individual errors caused from panic and confusion on top of a shit keeper costing us goals then we may start to see that in actual results. But we won't know til we get a big run of games and can see over a larger sample size.

As lamps said we give up very few shots relatively speaking in comparison to the rest of the league barring the top 2.

True. Atm, he looks and upgrade on what we had so in that respect he is winning. My thoughts on Mendy was that he was signed to be a GK1 this season but we may have an eye on another GK for next Summer and he would be a expensive GK2. Let's see how things play out over the next 20 games. It would be great if he is actually the long term answer. 

On 21/10/2020 at 3:55 PM, Hutcho said:

Maybe but I still think its easy to see we arent that organised and purely blaming it on the GK isn’t necessarily correct. 

A good bit of them he who shall not be named should have done better perhaps but your not going to sit and say that the team doesn’t have its shortcomings defensively or the in game management and tactics hasn’t contributed at all either in moments either, surely not? Same last season. The in game management was more of a contribution to how the game went v Southampton the mistakes from Zouma and Kepa for that second goal. Even Danny Ings goal what are Christensen and Zouma doing? There’s countless games you can use from last season for the argument its more than just one person why our defensive record is so bad. Most goals teams conceded from open play they more than likely have more than one opportunity to prevent the chance from being created, not just necessarily due to individuals making a mistake like Zouma did or he who shall not be named again. 

Mendy is really one of few players who can't afford to get injured (or miss games basically) until we get another reliable GK as his backup!

Tomo likes this

Mendy is really one of few players who can't afford to get injured (or miss games basically) until we get another reliable GK as his backup!
How many GKs will we have to buy lol. I am tired of buying GKs. I am 100% sure that we have a youth GK that is good enough as a BU.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

How many GKs will we have to buy lol. I am tired of buying GKs. I am 100% sure that we have a youth GK that is good enough as a BU.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

What youth goalkeeper then?

honestly look at Foster in January he would be a solid short term backup.

His rise to the top is so impressive. Glad that we have such a motivated guy as a goalkeeper. It seems like he still has a lot of room to grow, and maybe being at a top club is the last step he needs to catapult himself as a world class goalkeeper. 3 clean sheets in 4 games is a fantastic start and I hope we can continue to rely on him for the rest of the season. 

Fernando likes this