test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed West Brom 3-3 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   28 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • James
    • Christensen
    • Silva
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Abraham
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

886 posts in this topic
Just now, Jason said:

Or Football Manager, where you just throw everyone up and hit that 'Overload' button...

Honestly do amateurish. It's crazy because the switch to 433 is where we picked up momentum to score that first and second goal and we almost paid for it by switching away from that. Could argue that that momentum could've carried us through to a win but Lampard took one step forward with the change to 433, and two steps back. 

Strike likes this

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Bet Mourinho cannot wait to play us on Tuesday after watching that. Bale against Alonso if hes fit. Fuck me. Could be a cricket score

Bale is out for like a month. 

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Bet Mourinho cannot wait to play us on Tuesday after watching that. Bale against Alonso if hes fit. Fuck me. Could be a cricket score

Well for a start i imagine he'll play the youth team as they have a league game and Europa game 2 days either side.

Secondly Lampard has thoroughly outfought Mourinho everytime they've faced eachother.

Muzchap likes this

After watching how we were so ill prepared to attack WBA, I am starting to see what people critical of Lampard are getting at that he really has no game plan and this team will be great when we get a manager that has a plan every week. The mistakes led to the goals, but i did not see anything that looked like we had a plan against them. When you have this much talent, you better know how to use them. Arteta is a new manager, but he is always executing a plan. Lampard needs to step up his game.

kellzfresh likes this

4 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

After watching how we were so ill prepared to attack WBA, I am starting to see what people critical of Lampard are getting at that he really has no game plan and this team will be great when we get a manager that has a plan every week. The mistakes led to the goals, but i did not see anything that looked like we had a plan against them. When you have this much talent, you better know how to use them. Arteta is a new manager, but he is always executing a plan. Lampard needs to step up his game.

This the same Arteta that got thoroughly outplayed by Moyes on his own patch and fluked a win with their only shot of the second half? 

Ryan Fong, Muzchap and The Skipper like this

3 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

The plan would likely have worked apart from a freakish situation of 3 shots faced and 3 goals conceded.

No team in the world can operate on that basis ever.

We might as well just say fuck it and play rush goalie...

1 minute ago, Muzchap said:

The plan would likely have worked apart from a freakish situation of 3 shots faced and 3 goals conceded.

No team in the world can operate on that basis ever.

We might as well just say fuck it and play rush goalie...

But this is not a game off. 

Barnsley could have easily scored 3 in the 1st half the other day. And apart from Silva we played 3 different players. 

kellzfresh and Muzchap like this

On a side note...not excusing the team's performance in any way, but is interesting to see the articles popping in the English media (this from the Daily Mail):

"Bilic furious with Havertz hand ball in Chelsea equalizer"

"Thiago Silva sees 3 goals shipped in torrid first half display"

"Chelsea fans call on club to sack Lampard in the tunnel"

And for United's win:

"Is this the cRaZiest premier league match ever?? "

We are definitely up against harsh critics this season.

Atomiswave, Muzchap and kellzfresh like this

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

On a side note...not excusing the team's performance in any way, but is interesting to see the articles popping in the English media (this from the Daily Mail):

"Bilic furious with Havertz hand ball in Chelsea equalizer"

"Thiago Silva sees 3 goals shipped in torrid first half display"

"Chelsea fans call on club to sack Lampard in the tunnel"

And for United's win:

"Is this the cRaZiest premier league match ever?? "

We are definitely up against harsh critics this season.

It was like this since I can remember, don't worry, it's not new, lol

Atomiswave and Muzchap like this

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

What gets me is Chilwell plays minutes mid week and no sign of him today, what the fuck is going on there? We keep talking about getting players back from injuries but there isn't any daylight in this either..

Knowing our fucking luck Mendy will get COVID-19, Chilwell will get fouled by his cat and Pulisic will hurt his toe nail...

There is a major problem behind the scenes medically for me.

It's his first football for 3 months. I'd expect Lampard always had a plan that he'd build up across the midweek cup games. I don't think Alonso's performance will accelerate that plan because Lampard will just play Azpi there if needed.

If he'd have started today and broken down everyone would be up in arms about Lampard pushing players too quickly, you can't have it both ways.

There is an international break in a couple of weeks, it's paramount that the likes of Chilwell, Ziyech and Pulisic are back fully fit and raring to go when we return from that break. 

Muzchap likes this

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

There is an international break in a couple of weeks, it's paramount that the likes of Chilwell, Ziyech and Pulisic are back fully fit and raring to go when we return from that break. 

I hope the former two get called up, they can do with the extra match fitness especially in Ziyech's case who hasn't played competitive football since March.

8 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Perhaps not fair to talk about the goalkeeping today, but we had three shots on goal in the first half and the three went in. Even if a gk is not expected to save those, a good one might have saved one of them. Willy was a bit slow coming out in my book, but it's hard to say... whatifs. It could be that the overly high defense line employed today was an attempt to keep the ball away from our goal.... hard to say.

Willy is kind of guy, who does what he has to do, so it's hard to expect any impossible saves from him, but facts are: Media would be fueled with those stats for weeks and Kepa would be trashed unhumanly. Just for everyone to think about it. And second thing is that Willy's positioning at first goal was not better, than Kepa's fails/experiments in this regard.

Muzchap and robsblubot like this

46 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That 334 formation from Lampard after we scored the 2nd was absolutely criminal. Almost FIFA like. Clear to see the team never practiced this. 

and in the end, we didn't create too many chances with this formation...

14 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

It's his first football for 3 months. I'd expect Lampard always had a plan that he'd build up across the midweek cup games. I don't think Alonso's performance will accelerate that plan because Lampard will just play Azpi there if needed.

If he'd have started today and broken down everyone would be up in arms about Lampard pushing players too quickly, you can't have it both ways.

Then go with Emerson, who is by the way better than Alonso. It's not difficult at all.

Stats likes this

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

That's a matter of opinion. One I don't agree with.

Neither are good enough to be starting for Chelsea, both are reasonable enough to be a backup and that's all.

Both are shite, problem is Alonso is a fucking complete shit can of a footballer, the other is splitting hairs better.

DDA and bigbluewillie like this