• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

If we want the PL trophy we must beat Liverpool,is a must win match . Also we need the win to gain  confidence. 

My starting 11:

Werner 

mount.            Havertz.              Odoi    

Kovacic kante 

Alonso.     Christensen. Zouma.  James 

Kepa 

On 9/14/2020 at 8:50 PM, Blue Armour said:

Considering today's match, the possible absentees, and the time taken for players to gel, I hope Frank takes the ultra cautious approach and plays on the counter.

We might have to rely on Werner's pace (which could work well against Liverpool dodgy form at the back), and any other runners like Hudson Odoi and Alonso, while packing the midfield and our defensive third.

With Pulisic and possibly Kovacic, in doubt, I feel that's all we can do against them.

Last time I felt so sure about a match, was when I hoped we used 5 at the back when we played Spurs for the first time last season. Thankfully Lampard did exactly that.

Lampards press conference pretty much makes up my mind.

With all the injuries, we need to clog up the midfield, play a low block and hit them on the counter with pace, using Timo and/or CHO/Alonso.

Do NOT allow them to get 3 points.

Already frustrating enough that we are playing 3 out of 5 fixtures against the 'top 6' at home without any full crowds., in the first half of the season.

No need to give them any more handouts.

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Did you just used pace and Alonso in the same sentence? 🤔

Haha, I was expecting someone to point that out..

he's terrible at recovering from an onrushing attacker, but he can move up the pitch to support an attack alright. 

15 minutes ago, Vegetable said:

Jokes aside, Cech taking over GK training is something I wanted to see for an entire previous season, it's great to see him joining guys on pitch.

TOTALLY agree. If he cant take a hour or 2 to put on a tracky and get Kepa sorted then theres summet wrong. He should be multi tasking as soon as transfers are sorted.

21 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Why is that? I highly doubt that most good GK coaches were former world class GKs

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

OK Maybe. But if the guy had all the knowledge supposedly to do it but failed. What makes him good enough to teach?

Either him and Loli aren't good coaches or Kepa really is crap.

OK Maybe. But if the guy had all the knowledge supposedly to do it but failed. What makes him good enough to teach?

Guys like Klopp or Nagelsmann were not good players, but are good coaches. Same applies to GK coaches. You watch MMA. So you probably know John Danaher. John Danaher started BJJ at 28 with bad knees and he never competed in BJJ once. Still became one of the best bjj coach in this games, even though John would lose to most BJJ black belts. Still a good coach.

I do not know what makes Hilario a good GK coach, because I do not know much about GK training anyway. But if Chelsea hired him, I guess he should know some stuff about GK. He is training at Cobham for at least 3 seasons as a GK coach.
Lollichon is not a GK coach anymore. Snake fired him and he became a scout

5 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Guys like Klopp or Nagelsmann were not good players, but are good coaches. Same applies to GK coaches. You watch MMA. So you probably know John Danaher. John Danaher started BJJ at 28 with bad knees and he never competed in BJJ once. Still became one of the best bjj coach in this games, even though John would lose to most BJJ black belts. Still a good coach.

I do not know what makes Hilario a good GK coach, because I do not know much about GK training anyway. But if Chelsea hired him, I guess he should know some stuff about GK. He is training at Cobham for at least 3 seasons as a GK coach.
Lollichon is not a GK coach anymore. Snake fired him and he became a scout

Just playing devils advocate.😉

A agree that you dont have to be a top player to be a good coach. You just have to know all the technical bits and compare them to what the players doing. Just ike watching jiu jitsu. Having the commentator explaining what move they are trying to pull off and how it will be done. 

Last I read wasn't Lolli off to Lyon? They already have enough good scouts. Mind you they brought in Kepa

Pulisic was fit to play against Brighton. For the game against Liverpool, he is not fit. What happened?

That will be a tough game. Especially if we play Alonso on the left-back (who else?) and Kepa as GK (who else?).

Having said that, it seems that Edouard Mendy will join us soon and that we will try to sign another defender with Rice as a priority.

Hope that Hakim Ziyech and Ben Chilwell will recover soon from injuries and Silva get ready as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Doesn't really work like that, you can have the knowledge to coach but not the natural talent to play at the same level as your brain. Jose was non existent as a player but became a world class manager, our new Scouse coach is apparently the real deal but in his playing career Yeovil in League One was as good as it ever got for him.